• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,484 posts in this topic

To get technical about it, the return label on a Comiclink package reads:

Josh Nathanson
C-link

followed by the street address. It's similar to Heritage, whose return labels read:

Customer Service
HSC

followed by the street address.

I always assumed they were addressed this way so as deter possible theft.

On 11/7/2023 at 4:49 AM, Pontoon said:

To get technical about it, the return label on a Comiclink package reads:

Josh Nathanson
C-link

followed by the street address. It's similar to Heritage, whose return labels read:

Customer Service
HSC

followed by the street address.

I always assumed they were addressed this way so as deter possible theft.

Seems like they should be DBA "Day Old Fish, Inc." then.

I always made a practice to personally get to know my UPS or FedEx driver, and they always get a Christmas bonus. lol

Every time I move I systematically make sure I become friends with them and eventually get their cell numbers.

When CGC switched over from UPS Ground to FedEX ground I went from one driver to another.  So far that FedEx driver has been A+.  He knows to never leave my boxes in harms way, and most recently I wasnt home for a CGC box and I texted him and he even came back a hour later and went out of his way to deliver it again to me. 

Again I think people would be surprised how much better their shipping fears would be if they actually got to know their regular delivery driver.  Just my opinion.

On 11/7/2023 at 2:52 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I always made a practice to personally get to know my UPS or FedEx driver, and they always get a Christmas bonus. lol

Every time I move I systematically make sure I become friends with them and eventually get their cell numbers.

When CGC switched over from UPS Ground to FedEX ground I went from one driver to another.  So far that FedEx driver has been A+.  He knows to never leave my boxes in harms way, and most recently I wasnt home for a CGC box and I texted him and he even came back a hour later and went out of his way to deliver it again to me. 

Again I think people would be surprised how much better their shipping fears would be if they actually got to know their regular delivery driver.  Just my opinion.

We have a floating rotation of drivers.  Many of us actually work during their hours of operation.  My issue has and continues to be that the drivers continue to sign for the packages themselves and leave them wherever the heck they want.  I've actually stopped buying through @HeritageComics because they will not allow me to redirect package.  I tagged Heritage in this post because the last time they did, I was impressed that they had Scott reach out to me to see if we could rectify the issue but Scott confirmed that packages could not be redirected to say a Walgreens or Fed Ex office.   They do not trust the chain of custody with Walgreens or the Fed Ex office, but they for some strange reason DO trust the Fed Ex drivers who casually sign my name and leave items either out in public view or at the wrong address all together.  Until they provide other carrier options I can no longer do business with Heritage.  As confirmed this places the onus on the buyer if a package is not delivered to the right home and when Fed Ex, (the carrier they have chosen) does not follow procedures, the buyer is S.O.L. . I've causally placed a few low non serious bids in recent months but I have all but stopped looking at their listings. 

They suggested having it sent to my place of employment but in a five story walkup I can promise that most everything sits in a room for almost a week until things are sorted out and the drivers do not like walking up five flights of stairs. I work in a pre-war building that does not have an elevator.   There is a common room where all packages are dumped.  Mine would get lost in the shuffle. 

Comiclink allows me to redirect packages, and I can always pick up things from Comic Connect / Metropolis in person as I work in the city.   As of now they are getting my business. 

Also since I know Heritage will read this, I cannot accept private phone calls during the work day.  If there have been any changes to these policies, feel free to email me. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/7/2023 at 1:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

We have a floating rotation of drivers.  Many of us actually work during their hours of operation.  My issue has and continues to be that the drivers continue to sign for the packages themselves and leave them wherever the heck they want.  I've actually stopped buying through @HeritageComics because they will not allow me to redirect package.  I tagged Heritage in this post because the last time they did, I was impressed that they had Scott reach out to me to see if we could rectify the issue but Scott confirmed that packages could not be redirected to say a Walgreens or Fed Ex office.   They do not trust the chain of custody with Walgreens or the Fed Ex office, but they for some strange reason DO trust the Fed Ex drivers who casually sign my name and leave items either out in public view or at the wrong address all together.  Until they provide other carrier options I can no longer do business with Heritage.  As confirmed this places the onus on the buyer if a package is not delivered to the right home and when Fed Ex, (the carrier they have chosen) does not follow procedures, the buyer is S.O.L. . I've causally placed a few low non serious bids in recent months but I have all but stopped looking at their listings. 

They suggested having it sent to my place of employment but in a five story walkup I can promise that most everything sits in a room for almost a week until things are sorted out and the drivers do not like walking up five flights of stairs. I work in a pre-war building that does not have an elevator.   There is a common room where all packages are dumped.  Mine would get lost in the shuffle. 

Comiclink allows me to redirect packages, and I can always pick up things from Comic Connect / Metropolis in person as I work in the city.   As of now they are getting my business. 

Also since I know Heritage will read this, I cannot accept private phone calls during the work day.  If there have been any changes to these policies, feel free to email me. 

I would never trust my packages being delivered to a Walgreens that would not make me feel comfortable.

Everyone need to do what they feel protects them the most as what you stated in your situation with Heritage.  Yes, since I work from home I always know when my packages arrive and my door is open the second I hear the FedEx truck. lol    I was just saying if possible get to know your driver.  For your situation that would seem unfortunately challenging to achieve. 

On 11/7/2023 at 5:53 PM, Timmay said:

@Buzzetta have Heritage ship USPS?

Only option I have had since last winning something was Fed Ex.   I bought something this year, only because I had scheduled a vacation that we had to cancel at the last minute.  I already had the time off so I realized that if I won and paid, I would receive it during the time I would be home for.

Fed Ex is too unreliable here.

I've told the Superman 3 story and the one of my dad's medication over at their house.   Last month, my position was further cemented when my local Fed Ex driver signed for and left a neighbor's package on my doorstep.  I came home to find a package on my stoop that had been outside all day while I was at work.  It was addressed to (ex) 123 Smith Street and I am 123 Jones Street.  I drove around the block and dropped it off to the person.  I rang their bell and when they came to the door I explained that it was misdelivered.  Their response was, "Thank you, but did you sign for this?"  Someone was supposed to sign for the package.  The driver did, and just dumped it on the wrong block. 

Insane. 

On 11/7/2023 at 5:33 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I would never trust my packages being delivered to a Walgreens that would not make me feel comfortable.

Everyone need to do what they feel protects them the most as what you stated in your situation with Heritage.  Yes, since I work from home I always know when my packages arrive and my door is open the second I hear the FedEx truck. lol    I was just saying if possible get to know your driver.  For your situation that would seem unfortunately challenging to achieve. 

Heritage confirmed that they do not like things being delivered at Walgreens because if something goes missing then Heritage or Walgreens or Fed Ex is accountable. However, if Fed Ex signs for your package and dumps it on the wrong doorstep, then it still counts as signed for, it still counts as delivered and received and the argument of loss is moot (because it was signed for) so therefore the buyer is accountable. 

I will roll the dice with Walgreens when it comes to my comiclink packages.  If something goes south I know I am protected especially as we approach the holiday season.   

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/7/2023 at 5:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

However, if Fed Ex signs for your package and dumps it on the wrong doorstep, then it still counts as signed for, it still counts as delivered and received and the argument of loss is moot (because it was signed for) so therefore the buyer is accountable. 

This makes no sense to me, as someone has forged your signature.  It seems to me they open themselves up to claims that the package was never received and wouldn't be able to prove you signed for it because, you know, you didn't sign for it and the signature they can produce will look nothing like yours.

On 11/7/2023 at 4:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

They do not trust the chain of custody with Walgreens

I have to say, this idiocy is one of the most ridiculous ideas ever to come out of a shipping company. 

On WHAT PLANET did these buffoons think shipping to a GROCERY STORE was going to be a good idea. 

I just got out of a FedEx Pack and Ship location and the person working there is so USELESS that it took me a half hour to do what should have taken 5 minutes. We went well after closing time and he was going to ask me to leave without fixing a label on the package. :screwy:

I stopped, looked at them and told them I am going to need them to put on the pouch and the waybill onto the box before I leave.

Like, WTF? Who the F does that?

The company, like the world is slowly falling apart. Literally at the seams. That was my 3rd FedEx store after their site recommended a closer one THAT WAS CLOSED FOR 3 WEEKS and then the next one WAS NOT EVEN A DROP OFF LOCATION. 

It was a pickup location in a hotel. 

Falling. Apart. 

Just like the rest of the world. Nothing works properly anymore. Nothing. 

On 11/7/2023 at 9:37 PM, MattTheDuck said:
On 11/7/2023 at 8:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

However, if Fed Ex signs for your package and dumps it on the wrong doorstep, then it still counts as signed for, it still counts as delivered and received and the argument of loss is moot (because it was signed for) so therefore the buyer is accountable. 

This makes no sense to me, as someone has forged your signature.  It seems to me they open themselves up to claims that the package was never received and wouldn't be able to prove you signed for it because, you know, you didn't sign for it and the signature they can produce will look nothing like yours.

This is very common (for a driver to just sign and drop a package).

These aren't exaggerated isolated incidences. It is REALLY, REALLY bad out there. 

It's literally impossible to have customer service that's bare-minimum reliable. Everything is a crapshoot these days. 

And it's going to get worse. More and more parents are being removed from children's lives, less and less kids grow up knowing how to communicate or understanding how to be a good employee and the lack of a reasonable expectation of customer service is causing society to slowly collapse in so many ways. 

And it won't turn around until people start changing, which will likely be never. 

The world is turning into one big ghetto. 

End rant. 

On 11/7/2023 at 11:52 PM, Timmay said:

You might want to call and ask because all of my winnings from the past few years have been shipped USPS.

Definitely will because then if I am not home they will hold it at the post office for me.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

Heritage confirmed that they do not like things being delivered at Walgreens because if something goes missing then Heritage or Walgreens or Fed Ex is accountable. However, if Fed Ex signs for your package and dumps it on the wrong doorstep, then it still counts as signed for, it still counts as delivered and received and the argument of loss is moot (because it was signed for) so therefore the buyer is accountable. 

I will roll the dice with Walgreens when it comes to my comiclink packages.  If something goes south I know I am protected especially as we approach the holiday season.   

I always have my CLink stuff sent to Walgreens, and I'm satisfied that it is secured. When I arrive, I have to show my ID and they scan my QR code, and 99% of the time my packages are kept in an office behind a door with a keycode lock. There have been a couple of times my stuff was sitting on a rack in the photo dept, but usually it's locked up. I much prefer that to having the FedEx guy do God knows what with my package. In addition to signing for it themselves and leaving it to sit all day unattended, I've also caught them pulling up to the house, opening the door to pretend they delivered it, and then driving off as I watch my status updated to "attempted delivery, no one at home."  FedEx drives me absolutely nuts. Since I started having them forwarded to Walgreens, I've had zero issues.

To @NewWorldOrder's point, I do think it's a good idea to get to know your USPS person, but in recent years it has been difficult. When we first moved into our current house, over 11 years ago, we had one guy, John, and we had him for a number of years. But since John retired several years ago, we have never had a steady postman. It changes every couple of weeks, and could be several different people within the week. I'm not sure what happened, why our route became a permanent part-time route, or I guess it's more likely that this is just the reality of staffing issues at USPS, much like is going on everywhere else. Oh well, they still do a great job, and I still leave a little christmas bonus every year, but I'm not even sure who is getting it. ha

On 11/7/2023 at 5:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

Just like their stock I am all out when it comes to Walgreens. lol

On 11/8/2023 at 8:34 AM, F For Fake said:

I always have my CLink stuff sent to Walgreens, and I'm satisfied that it is secured. When I arrive, I have to show my ID and they scan my QR code, and 99% of the time my packages are kept in an office behind a door with a keycode lock. There have been a couple of times my stuff was sitting on a rack in the photo dept, but usually it's locked up. I much prefer that to having the FedEx guy do God knows what with my package. In addition to signing for it themselves and leaving it to sit all day unattended, I've also caught them pulling up to the house, opening the door to pretend they delivered it, and then driving off as I watch my status updated to "attempted delivery, no one at home."  FedEx drives me absolutely nuts. Since I started having them forwarded to Walgreens, I've had zero issues.

To @NewWorldOrder's point, I do think it's a good idea to get to know your USPS person, but in recent years it has been difficult. When we first moved into our current house, over 11 years ago, we had one guy, John, and we had him for a number of years. But since John retired several years ago, we have never had a steady postman. It changes every couple of weeks, and could be several different people within the week. I'm not sure what happened, why our route became a permanent part-time route, or I guess it's more likely that this is just the reality of staffing issues at USPS, much like is going on everywhere else. Oh well, they still do a great job, and I still leave a little christmas bonus every year, but I'm not even sure who is getting it. ha

I too have my CGC boxes sent to Walgreens.  I am never home when they deliver, or the few times they try to deliver and I am home I get the message that they tried to deliver and no one was home (but yet I was).  :frustrated:

Of course whoever is the FedEx person who delivers to Walgreens should look for another line of work.  They sometimes deliver it but don't scan it as delivered to Walgreens.  Other times they deliver it one day and take it back out of Walgreens the next day, and then forget to scan it then.  So my package is in limbo.  I then beg the national support of FedEx to please hold my package at the their facility 25 miles away and they say that can't be done.  Then a week later I get an email saying I can go there and pick it up.  The people at the facility tell me to call next time and have it held there and I just laugh since the national FedEx will never let that happen.

On 11/8/2023 at 9:44 AM, toro said:

I too have my CGC boxes sent to Walgreens.  I am never home when they deliver, or the few times they try to deliver and I am home I get the message that they tried to deliver and no one was home (but yet I was).  :frustrated:

Of course whoever is the FedEx person who delivers to Walgreens should look for another line of work.  They sometimes deliver it but don't scan it as delivered to Walgreens.  Other times they deliver it one day and take it back out of Walgreens the next day, and then forget to scan it then.  So my package is in limbo.  I then beg the national support of FedEx to please hold my package at the their facility 25 miles away and they say that can't be done.  Then a week later I get an email saying I can go there and pick it up.  The people at the facility tell me to call next time and have it held there and I just laugh since the national FedEx will never let that happen.

I am absolutely DONE dealing with these satellite pick up points. DONE!

Last week I had someone mail me documents to a UPS facility, "hold for pickup". We abhor UPS in Canada on a good day but they insisted so I didn't want to be difficult. 

This was sent overnight, it got held up in customs (should NEVER have been held up it was a simple document), arrived days late and when I went to pick it up, the woman there spent all of less then 10 seconds looking for it (no really, SECONDS!) turned to me and said "we don't have it".

I was like, "but you signed for it".

"Yes, but just because there's a signature, it doesn't mean we signed for it."

Wait, what?

"We get a large shipment, we sign for everything at once, but we can't find your shipment. You need to call customer service."

I complain that she hasn't done her due diligence and that my only recourse is to call and start an investigation. 

Furious, I leave, because I KNOW IT'S THERE!

Her HUSBAND SIGNED FOR IT. 

I leave, I get an offshore call center, hang up after 2 mins and call back. Finally get someone helpful.

They're about to open an investigation when the lady from the UPS Store calls to LMK that she found my package. 

No ownership. No accountability. Just a statement saying how I should have done such and such before shipping it. 

In fact, I did everything they asked. 

Then she wanted to charge me $10 for signing for it. 

I looked at her point blank and said "You want to charge me $10 for losing my package, sending me away, stressing me out and making me come back?"

"OK, this time you don't have to pay." she replies.

These people deserve to get torched online. I'm done with them.