• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2023 at 11:56 PM, Telegan said:
On 11/15/2023 at 6:55 PM, bc said:

CBI

"The CBI Scale or the Comic Book Impact scale is a rating system that evaluates a comic book based on the following criteria: historical impact, cultural impact, artistic importance, popularity, and longevity of title and/or character."

Nothin' subjective 'bout that :canofworms:

-bc

Expand  

I think most grading is subjective. lol.

On 11/15/2023 at 8:03 PM, bc said:

It's also on the Metropolis website:

https://www.metropoliscomics.com/article/grading-guide-1?tzf=1

CBI

The CBI Scale or the Comic Book Impact scale is a rating system that evaluates a comic book based on the following criteria: historical impact, cultural impact, artistic importance, popularity, and longevity of title and/or character.

-bc

Probably because they're basically the same "company".

They forgot to add sustainability and the ingredients to the comic book. lol

Wow, what a strange idea. I guess they're trying to index them to be able to market them easier, but it's a total conflict of interest for the people selling the book to also index them. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/17/2023 at 4:29 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You guys have shown a lot of cool auction wins over the last two pages. :whistle:

I don't think I've won anything from Comiclink since August. I generally place a shload of tracking bids but the odds are 50/50 that I'm remember to bid the day the auction ends. There's too much lead time and the different ends times are too spread out for me.

:baiting:

On 11/17/2023 at 5:18 PM, Pontoon said:

I don't think I've won anything from Comiclink since August. I generally place a shload of tracking bids but the odds are 50/50 that I'm remember to bid the day the auction ends. There's too much lead time and the different ends times are too spread out for me.

Start a thread called “Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera...Tracking Bids...“ :baiting:

On 11/17/2023 at 5:58 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Start a thread called “Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera...Tracking Bids...“ :baiting:

So, you're suggesting we should have a thread for every minority interest in comics so that nobody gets forced to read something they don't want to? lol

On 11/17/2023 at 4:18 PM, Pontoon said:

I can't say I disagree with you regarding the "not winning" part.  I still win stuff, but most of the stuff I look at seem to be going for way beyond what I'm wanting to pay.  I've been watching SA and BA tank for the past several months, so I've been hesitant to go after them.  I've noticed in GA, higher-grade and/or key stuff are still getting good prices, but in general, GA is all over the place even if not tanking.  Some of it could be "it's winter", a plateau, or the market trying to find prices on not-so-common books.  *shrug*

I would appreciate if y'all wouldn't bid on the trash I'm bidding on.  Just saying.  Mkaythx.

Edited by Telegan

On 11/7/2023 at 8:07 PM, VintageComics said:

I have to say, this idiocy is one of the most ridiculous ideas ever to come out of a shipping company. 

On WHAT PLANET did these buffoons think shipping to a GROCERY STORE was going to be a good idea. 

I just got out of a FedEx Pack and Ship location and the person working there is so USELESS that it took me a half hour to do what should have taken 5 minutes. We went well after closing time and he was going to ask me to leave without fixing a label on the package. :screwy:

I stopped, looked at them and told them I am going to need them to put on the pouch and the waybill onto the box before I leave.

Like, WTF? Who the F does that?

The company, like the world is slowly falling apart. Literally at the seams. That was my 3rd FedEx store after their site recommended a closer one THAT WAS CLOSED FOR 3 WEEKS and then the next one WAS NOT EVEN A DROP OFF LOCATION. 

It was a pickup location in a hotel. 

Falling. Apart. 

Just like the rest of the world. Nothing works properly anymore. Nothing. 

In all fairness he was trying to communicate with a Canadian.

On 11/18/2023 at 2:34 PM, buttock said:

In all fairness he was trying to communicate with a Canadian.

Now you're just speaking out of your...buttock? :blush: