• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,489 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2023 at 11:43 PM, pickycollector said:

Hulk 6 CGC 9.0

Pages showing. Book was obviously pressed. Avoid at all costs. :D

Just kidding. Those early Hulks are always tough books. 

On 8/19/2023 at 1:34 PM, Gaard said:

Is it possible to pay for your CL winnings without having them shipped to you, but put right back into the next auction?

I don't know about now, but I have done this one time in the past.  You have to call them to discuss.  This was years and years ago.  They put it right back in the next auction since I found a better copy elsewhere.

On 9/30/2023 at 11:26 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

My last foray into the CL auctions went ... okay, I guess.  I stepped up on the Dark Mansion book, but it was another one of those, "I'm just getting this" moments.  I've run an auction fantasy baseball league for 30+ years now, and it's the same as when there's a player you need, and you know you'll pay what you have to in order to get them.  I didn't need this book, but I definitely wanted it, and I was good with going the extra dollar.

The All-Stars I felt good about -- the #62 I think I definitely got a good price on. The Cap and the Avengers books were in line with what I thought would be a decent deal, and the GS Spider-Man was about what I figured it would go around. The HOM, with horror (at least the books I tend to target) seeming to always go for a good bit, I'm not sure how I feel about, but it could have been worse.

The Marvel Preview replaces a raw copy that I had stolen from me (literally, as in theft -- that's a sad, long story in itself) and I was really happy with the price.  I've always loved the cover, and I feel like I got it at a nice, pre-COVID price.  The Marvel Super Action was a guilty pleasure that I probably overpaid for, but considering that the only other 9.8's I've seen for sale would have run me around $40 more, I'm okay with it, especially since I thought I'd pay more for the MP #21.

I saw some of the prices on other books I put tracking bids on that felt like they were really high -- if the market is soft, then it's never on the books I seem to want to grab. lol If I learned nothing else from this auction, it's that I'm going to have to run a sales thread pretty soon or risk the wrath of my wife. lol :tonofbricks:

DM3.jpg

as62.jpg

as65.jpg

CA154.jpg

AV118.jpg

GSSM4.jpg

HOM.jpg

MP21.jpg

Spoiler

MSA1.jpg

Well done! 

Anyone have experience with this? I'm sure it's nothing too concerning, but have no experience with it.

Yesterday, at 8:26 am, I received this e-mail...

fe.jpg.0108e55c7174e262c7750a84b012d3f1.jpg

Then, at 11:27 am, I received this one...

fedex.thumb.jpg.d4997f4371655ca7ece222964bb3af6c.jpg