• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

Loved the first movie but Momoa thinks he’s a comedian now. Guessing it won’t be serious and have far too much humor.  Momoa was god awful in the Fast Furious movie. Vin Diesel even called him out for his ridiculous acting….a joke every now and then is fine but he’s nonstop lately. 

On 12/20/2023 at 2:12 PM, paperheart said:

If $25M opening 6 days, only needs 12x to match first one. Unfortunately, 2x multiple in China more likely. 

This is a unique situation.  Never before has a big movie been bashed non-stop by the media for a year...so badly that it can't even be advertised.

So I don't expect pre-sales.  But audiences like Aquaman vs Black Manta...so I think it will have extremely good legs...as in long steady viewership.

How Much Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom Cost To Make & What Box Office It Needs

• Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, the final DCEU movie, faces uncertainty in terms of box office success and its future in the franchise.
  • The movie has a high production budget of $215 million, putting it at risk considering the DCEU's recent box office struggles.
  • The film needs to make over $400 million worldwide to break even, but current projections suggest it may fall short, potentially making it a box office flop.

didn't care for the first one much; not going here.  after NEVER missing a cbm over lawd knows how many years, just here recently i've no-showed at ant man 3, shazam 2 and now this one.   and saw a few i wish i could take back...

On 12/21/2023 at 5:31 PM, Bosco685 said:

Dang!

At least the future of the Snyderverse is not riding on this movie.  I feel that this is like the last X-Men film when everyone knew at that point it was the end and the property was going back to Disney. 

On 12/21/2023 at 5:32 PM, Buzzetta said:

At least the future of the Snyderverse is not riding on this movie.  I feel that this is like the last X-Men film when everyone knew at that point it was the end and the property was going back to Disney. 

It's more like with the DCU restructure Gunn/Safran went with a 'Sink Or Swim' strategy to rinse their hands of supporting these films. Including tampering with elements in The Flash to ensure it was clear this was all over rather than leading to any follow-on stories.

On 12/21/2023 at 5:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

It's more like with the DCU restructure Gunn/Safran went with a 'Sink Or Swim' strategy to rinse their hands of supporting these films. Including tampering with elements in The Flash to ensure it was clear this was all over rather than leading to any follow-on stories.

Now you know what I would do if I am WB?   I am chewing Gunn out like he has never been chewed out before.

I think I said there or somewhere else.  I honestly forget.  When Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was being released, Shia was badmouthing parts of the film.  Ford basically shook his head and later said that Shia should have shut up and realized that an actor also has to support the film.   It's there job to sell the film.

By Gunn telling everyone that he was not using any of the DCEU actors to portray their DCEU roles moving forward and that he was working on a complete wiping of the slate and reboot, I cannot help but wonder how much apathy he created for Flash and Aquaman.  He essentially contributed toward a sense of apathy for these remaining two films because there is no vested interest in characters that people are already told, no longer matter.