• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2023 at 4:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

It's likely they were contractually obligated to put her in the trailer, so this is what you get.  Have a feeling she is going to only be included where essential story wise then edited out of the rest.

Variety shared that Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom "continued to test in the 60s" (out of 100) in its test screenings even after a re-edit of the film was done during Summer 2022. 

According to an insider who spoke with Variety, Aquaman 2 is described as the "last remnant of the SnyderVerse," and "no one really wants to take ownership" of the sequel: 

“The movie is like this echo of regimes. It’s the last remnant of the SnyderVerse, and no one really wants to take ownership of it.” 

The outlet also noted that reshoots for the sequel happened up until the writers' strike in May 2023. 

Variety's on-set source refuted claims that Aquaman 2 suffered from troublesome production, pointing out that the sequel was "on time, under budget, and needed only about a week of reshoots."

On 10/10/2023 at 7:40 PM, paperheart said:

No interest in seeing the movie but The Making of... I might

‘Aquaman 2’ Flooded With Drama: Jason Momoa Allegedly Drunk on Set, Amber Heard Scenes Cut, Elon Musk’s Letter to WB and More

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/aquaman-2-jason-momoa-drunk-claims-amber-heard-cut-scenes-elon-musk-letter-1235747775/

All from Amber Heard's therapist notes that were forced to be released via court records.

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Delayed - 12/22 instead of 12/20

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, which has been moved around Warner Bros.' schedule so often it has become a social media meme, has been delayed one (presumably) final time. Now, instead of opening on Wednesday, December 20, the movie will debut on December 22 -- giving it a normal, 3-day opening weekend. No big releases are debuting on December 20 or December 22, so it seems the most significant impact of this will be to give Wonka, out December 15 and also a big Warner Bros. movie, a little bit more room to breathe.

The delay comes as the press cycle for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom is starting to really ramp up, with a recent cover story on Empire magazine. That feature, which included an interview with director James Wan, was aimed in part at combating the narrative that the production has been troubled.

Recent reports suggested that the movie has struggled with test audiences, that they have had to do numerous rounds of reshoots, and that conflicts between stars Jason Momoa and Amber Heard made for a pretty toxic working environment. Wan rejects all of that, saying that he struggles not to publicly correct bad reporting.

"I've had to learn to be more Zen in dealing with all the noise around me, for sure," James Wan told Empire magazine. "I'm a pretty private person. I don't get on social media and have fights, but it's difficult because this narrative has emerged that is not the reality. The noise is fun to write about, and it gets clicks, but people don't know the truth."

While I will not see this one (didn't like the first one, and I refuse to watch a movie that even has 1 second of Amber Turd) at least this movie does have Jason Momoa to help it.  He seems like a charismatic character and a nice dude (unlike that Flash twit Ezra).  So that will help it some, but no, much like "The Marvels" I see no way this movie rises to the same box office as the first one.