• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom director James Wan addressed Amber Heard's claims that her role in the sequel was reduced. 

Wan insisted that the sequel's intended focus is always going to be the brother dynamic between Jason Momoa's Arthur Curry and Patrick Wilson and not between Arthur and Mera:

"I always pitched this to everyone from the get-go. The first Aquaman was Arthur and Mera's journey. The second movie was always going to be Arthur and Orm." 

The filmmaker ended by describing Aquaman 2 as a "bromance action-adventure movie" and not a "romance action-adventure" film like the first entry to the franchise:

"So, the first was a romance action-adventure movie, the second one is a bromance action-adventure movie. We'll leave it at that."

On 9/14/2023 at 5:48 PM, Beige said:

Looks like a rehash of every Thor movie made so far, and re-titled 'Aquaman"

Not even close. If it was a Thor trailer all they would do is show childish and forced jokes for the trailer, and those would be the highlights of the movie.

While there was no word on Aquaman having a role in the initial slate revealed by Gunn and Safran earlier this year, Safran addressed the rumors of Aquaman star Jason Momoa hopping to a different DC Comics role as Lobo by saying, "Jason always saw Aquaman as a trilogy." Now, as the trailer for James Wan's Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom kicks off the marketing push for his underwater sequel, Wan seems to have big ideas for the film which would round out that trilogy.

"What I can speak to that is the Jason Momoa story, definitely, as Aquaman definitely has more places to go, and yes," Wan said. "When we get to the end of this... The answer is yes. I don't know how to answer that without giving things away, because where we go at the end of this movie, it does tee up something bigger... Not bigger but it does tee up a direction for that story, and I don't want to speak to that just because it's the end of the movie."

On 9/15/2023 at 4:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

The media is so ridiculously over-the-top spreading anti-Aquaman propaganda.

And people who watch the 'news' believe everything they're spoon-fed.  This will never change.

The general population fortunately doesn't watch much 'news'.

5-minute standing-ovation for Flash...people walking out of Aquaman 2...Lobo above Aquaman...Harley Quinn & egg sandwiches so awesome...Wonder Woman #1...Shazam a success...Black Adam a game-changer...Blue Beetle so original and breaking barriers...

Mary Poppins too much for Aquaman...

It's all LIES.  But everyone believes it.

Not to rant...but it's so easy to show that the media is LYING.

Aquaman 1 got over $800M overseas.  Audiences overseas OBVIOUSLY don't care about Amber Heard...and OBVIOUSLY don't care about the DCEU...they don't even know who Amber Heard is, let alone James Gunn or Peter Safran.  So ridiculous.  Absurd.

I told you right on here that The Flash would flop...right in the midst of it being hailed as the greatest superhero movie of all time.

So people...it's all good...if I'm wrong I'll eat crow...but for fun, let's hear some realistic non-media-propaganda Aquaman 2 box-office predictions...........