• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2023 at 5:31 AM, drotto said:

Does this movie still even have a chance given it is the last connected to the Snyderverse? 

define 'chance'

Critical success: highly doubtful given leaks around test screenings

Int'l BO: can it remotely replicate the $300M from China?

US BO success: 'market' seems to think total will be somewhat above 1/2 the first one

image.png.8d8882e7a5b52c7266940bd25ba5eaf0.png

On 10/30/2023 at 4:42 PM, paperheart said:

define 'chance'

US BO success: 'market' seems to think total will be somewhat above 1/2 the first one

If I had to guess....I'd say $1.4B.

On 11/14/2023 at 12:53 AM, ChillMan said:
On 10/30/2023 at 3:42 PM, paperheart said:

define 'chance'

Expand  

If I had to guess....I'd say $1.4B.

I would love to see that result just because it will cause even more confusion for Zaslav and his cronies. lol 

If you look at the first Aquaman film, it was the international box office that put it over the top ($800M+ or just over 70% of he total take). I would not be surprised if it has a 2-3x higher international box office this time around as well due to Wan. 

Then again, I would love to see it hit $800M internationally just to mess with Zaslav and the WBD executive team who somehow thought The Flash would be a good idea.

I will say that having Momoa on Shark Week and plugging the movie was a smart move. That may help attract kids to the film which means parents as well.

Edited by kimik

On 12/4/2023 at 9:05 PM, paperheart said:

Only possible saving grace at BO is that Tweelie Wonka seems to be the only competition 

Or that overseas audiences, who gave Aquaman 1 over $800M....don't care about any of the reasons why the US media says Aquaman 2 will fail.

Even US audiences don't care about James Gunn, Peter Safran, Amber Heard, Blue Beetle, Flash, the Superman Legacy pre-production....or any of that .

On 12/14/2023 at 11:01 PM, ChillMan said:

Or that overseas audiences, who gave Aquaman 1 over $800M....don't care about any of the reasons why the US media says Aquaman 2 will fail.

Even US audiences don't care about James Gunn, Peter Safran, Amber Heard, Blue Beetle, Flash, the Superman Legacy pre-production....or any of that .

lol Aquaman did nearly $300M in China, Aquaman 2 is lagging behind The Flash (which did $26M total in China) in pre-sales there

Edited by paperheart

On 12/15/2023 at 8:36 AM, paperheart said:

lol Aquaman did nearly $300M in China, Aquaman 2 is lagging behind The Flash (which did $26M total in China) in pre-sales there

But who pre-pays to see a movie?  In this case, only the 1% who are diehard comic or DC fans...who yes, listen to media 'reports' about James Gunn, the 2025 DC rumors, etc.

But common-sense says that A1 & A2 shouldn't be all that different for general audiences.

Edited by ChillMan

In fact, common-sense says that A2's box-office will surpass A1's.

They're not changing the formula.  In fact, it's even more jacked.  The media under-reported how much audiences liked A1.  And there's less competition.  Remember how the media said Mary Poppins would bury Aquaman?  And Transformers and Alita Battle Angel also premiered on the same day.