• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2023 at 4:36 PM, ChillMan said:

In fact, common-sense says that A2's box-office will surpass A1's.

They're not changing the formula.  In fact, it's even more jacked.  The media under-reported how much audiences liked A1.  And there's less competition.  Remember how the media said Mary Poppins would bury Aquaman?  And Transformers and Alita Battle Angel also premiered on the same day.

:roflmao: If Aquaman 2 comes within a billion of your $1.4B estimate, WB will be thrilled

On 12/15/2023 at 7:56 PM, paperheart said:

:roflmao: If Aquaman 2 comes within a billion of your $1.4B estimate, WB will be thrilled

Who is WB ?

Who is Disney/Marvel ?

What media 'reports' are you basing this on ?

And do you think the above entities care about box-office results ?

In my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong...the people who care about Aquaman 2 are Jason Momoa, James Wan, Yahya Abdul Mateen III, and Patrick Wilson.

With Wilson the weak link but he's trying...patrick-wilson-00.png

On 12/15/2023 at 8:36 AM, paperheart said:

lol Aquaman did nearly $300M in China, Aquaman 2 is lagging behind The Flash (which did $26M total in China) in pre-sales there

Chinese audiences like -kickers.  They aren't interested in skinny non-binarys in muscle-suits.

On 12/15/2023 at 6:10 PM, ChillMan said:

Who is WB ?

Who is Disney/Marvel ?

What media 'reports' are you basing this on ?

And do you think the above entities care about box-office results ?

In my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong...the people who care about Aquaman 2 are Jason Momoa, James Wan, Yahya Abdul Mateen III, and Patrick Wilson.

With Wilson the weak link but he's trying...patrick-wilson-00.png

how deep into the bourbon are you?

On 12/15/2023 at 7:36 PM, ChillMan said:

In fact, common-sense says that A2's box-office will surpass A1's.

They're not changing the formula.  In fact, it's even more jacked.  The media under-reported how much audiences liked A1.  And there's less competition.  Remember how the media said Mary Poppins would bury Aquaman?  And Transformers and Alita Battle Angel also premiered on the same day.

Um, are you predicting A2 will do more box office than A1?  If it's common sense?

Because there is no way that is happening.  

I would be happy if it was good and did well, but I can see this writing on the wall from very, very far off.  

On 12/15/2023 at 11:30 PM, paperheart said:

how deep into the bourbon are you?

If I had bourbon & branch fortification and was on-point every day like JR Ewing....I wouldn't have missed the auction of the Jock Ewing portrait.  Or the Evander Holyfield ear-bite boxing-gloves.

They went for $30k and $35k.  I'd have wanted to throw down and come up with payments somehow.

On 12/15/2023 at 11:51 PM, Axelrod said:

Um, are you predicting A2 will do more box office than A1?  If it's common sense?

Because there is no way that is happening.  

I would be happy if it was good and did well, but I can see this writing on the wall from very, very far off.  

Yes...I'm predicting A2 will surpass A1.

All the "writing on the wall" by the media...is BLATANT LIES.

On 12/16/2023 at 12:08 AM, Axelrod said:

Well, I have occasionally been wrong before.  I did think the Flash could get to $600-700m.  

I'm not wrong about this tho'

We just posted at the exact same time.

You can't believe the media.  Even CGC says the only comic-book movie in December is Wonka.

On 12/19/2023 at 9:06 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Shocking considering how bad that movie was. I doubt I could watch it again from start to finish. 

To clarify, I thought that before it actually was released and before I saw it.  Was kind of a pre-release prediction.  Same way this Aquaman thing is a pre-release prediction. Not that I have actually made a prediction for Aquaman beyond "not as big as the first one," which isn't much of a prediction at all.

Guess I will throw down an official guess now, and I will guess - given the way DC films have been tanking and the complete lack of enthusiasm - that it might get to $400m WW, maybe closer to $500m if it's actually good.  

On 12/19/2023 at 6:40 PM, Axelrod said:

To clarify, I thought that before it actually was released and before I saw it.  Was kind of a pre-release prediction.  Same way this Aquaman thing is a pre-release prediction. Not that I have actually made a prediction for Aquaman beyond "not as big as the first one," which isn't much of a prediction at all.

Guess I will throw down an official guess now, and I will guess - given the way DC films have been tanking and the complete lack of enthusiasm - that it might get to $400m WW, maybe closer to $500m if it's actually good.  

I'll guess: $400M WW; Metacritic score in the low to mid 40's

Edited by paperheart

On 12/18/2023 at 1:35 AM, paperheart said:

Encouraging sign :roflmao:

The review embargo, including even social media reactions, won't be lifted on Aquaman 2 until FIVE HOURS before the first showtimes.

Obviously the media will continue to lie & smear Aquaman 2.

They DESPISE the fact that non-waken A1 is the #1 DC movie.  And that A2 is even less waken (jacked Momoa, Mateen III, Wilson...& Wan)...while all the other superhero movies have been waken and FLOPPED.

On 12/19/2023 at 8:52 PM, paperheart said:

production budget $205M, P&A $2.05M

Seriously.  I've never seen anything like it.  The advertising has been nothing...the media is blocking it.

And it's not like Sound Of Freedom.  Because all the 'conservative' sites are blasting A2 non-stop.

'Conservative' and 'Christian' sites...they LIE.  They say what we want to hear 95% of the time...to lure us in...and then they BLAST their main target.

Like 'Fight For Truth' - seeming so Biblical & Christian - smeared Robert Morris......to spread confusion.