• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 7:52 PM, drotto said:

Flat earth videos are endlessly entertaining in their stupidity.  The gift that keeps giving.

one guy posted a video proving flat earth by running water on a plate, 'proving' why floods exist. 

Edited by kav

On 1/19/2022 at 9:47 PM, drotto said:

Telling someone to learn is extremely condescending. You are basically saying anyone else's viewpoint is wrong, and they need to listen and agree with you, because ultimately you have the only correct viewpoint and only you truly understand the subject . 

20220101_220355.thumb.jpg.2fa9775c44cc4559297a4a0f3b8ff7d7.jpg

On 1/19/2022 at 9:52 PM, drotto said:
On 1/19/2022 at 9:48 PM, kav said:

bingo.  I've heard that from flat earthers and others.  

Flat earth videos are endlessly entertaining in their stupidity.  The gift that keeps giving.

FB_IMG_1488745503537.jpg.5e84967b66cac7faa5c1d27c365af77a.jpg

On 1/19/2022 at 10:14 PM, drotto said:
On 1/19/2022 at 9:55 PM, kav said:

He poured water off a ball showing floods couldnt happen on a globe lol 

Go watch Scimandan on YouTube, tons of videos making fun of flat earther's. 

DzXIi-9W0AE9Yuu.jpg.6f30d62f4a749f9a66382d5373fae38e.jpg

On 1/19/2022 at 8:14 PM, drotto said:

Go watch Scimandan on YouTube, tons of videos making fun of flat earther's. 

The thing with conspiracy guys is they are people who dropped out of high school-thinking they 'know more than regular people' is kind of a defense mechanism about feeling ignorant cause they didnt do so good in school.  I argued with one 'moon mission faked' guy-he said why hasnt the hubble taken pics of the landing site?  the answer is at the range of 240,000 miles, the smallest thing the hubble can resolve is about half a football field.  He said ok why can they see all them distant galaxies then?  The answer is those are CCD time lapse shots.  He said ok why cant they do that with the moon?  I said because the moon is far to bright-it would completely wash out into a white plate.
None of this sunk in.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:19 PM, kav said:

The thing with conspiracy guys is they are people who dropped out of high school-thinking they 'know more than regular people' is kind of a defense mechanism about feeling ignorant cause they didnt do so good in school.  I argued with one 'moon mission faked' guy-he said why hasnt the hubble taken pics of the landing site?  the answer is at the range of 240,000 miles, the smallest thing the hubble can resolve is about half a football field.  He said ok why can they see all them distant galaxies then?  The answer is those are CCD time lapse shots.  He said ok why cant they do that with the moon?  I said because the moon is far to bright-it would completely wash out into a white plate.
None of this sunk in.

They actually have several pictures of the landers and landing sites, but they were taken by probes orbiting the Moon.  Not really the same, but still cool. 

On 1/19/2022 at 8:21 PM, drotto said:

They actually have several pictures of the landers and landing sites, but they were taken by probes orbiting the Moon.  Not really the same, but still cool. 

exactly.  even if the hubble could take the shots, they would just say they were faked, like they say the probe shots are faked.  everything is faked, except what they believe.  

One flat earth lady claimed she knew a pilot who admitted they were all sworn to secrecy about the earth being flat.  I guess she forgot passengers can look out the window too.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:43 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Irish leprechauns in an X-Men movie do not equal to gamma irradiated monster dogs in a Hulk movie. Not comparable at all.

Why? They're both ripped straight from the comics, after all, and were part of the plots. Difference is, from what I can see, the leprechauns were in more issues. 

TBF I do think the leprechauns are worse, you know, it's part of X-Men history now. 

On 1/19/2022 at 10:47 PM, drotto said:

Telling someone to learn is extremely condescending. You are basically saying anyone else's viewpoint is wrong, and they need to listen and agree with you, because ultimately you have the only correct viewpoint and only you truly understand the subject . 

On 1/19/2022 at 10:48 PM, kav said:

bingo.  I've heard that from flat earthers and others.  

Hold on now. Maybe he is vegan. End of argument 

200.gif.1b56dbdf9ce11b83a89fec8755f9883f.gif

On 1/19/2022 at 8:47 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

If Eternals is toilet paper, then it's freakin' Charmin compared to that cheap Dollar Store sandboard toilet paper that comprises 90% of the failed DC Movie Universe's movies and that includes Shazam, Aquaman, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman aka The Two Marthas, the firstSuicide Squad, and Wonder Woah-man 1984.

MCU_tantrum.gif.fe9daa39cb441f44db352b148f92785c.gif

On 1/20/2022 at 8:36 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

That dude is so clueless. Using the DCEU as a straw-man at every turn when the MCU releases a failure. :facepalm:

Rather than blindly fixating on a given studio to fill a hole in their own self-worth, people should just focus more on being open to good entertainment when it is justified.

Like so many have noted, what a great time to be a comic book fan. So many films and shows and DTV releases covering so many characters from multiple sources.