• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/eternals-worst-marvel-movie.html

Eternals is generating some of the worst reviews ever for a Marvel movie. According to Rotten Tomatoes, a review-aggregation website for film and television, Eternals has the lowest average of recommendations for any Marvel Cinematic Universe film – only 57%, based on 148 reviews. Considering that the film hovered at 75% at one point, before taking a sharp drop down to 60%, it would seem that the number of fans and critics dissatisfied with the film continues to grow.

Screenshot 2022-01-20 2.49.19 PM.png

Edited by kav

On 1/20/2022 at 2:52 PM, Roger66 said:

I still found it more entertaining than Dune. :baiting:

I liked Dune but I read the book.  I can see people not reading the book finding it boring.  There wasnt really much drama to be honest.  If youre looking for CGI battles and giant beings erupting from earth's surface, eternals might be better than Dune.

On 1/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, kav said:

I liked Dune but I read the book.  I can see people not reading the book finding it boring.  There wasnt really much drama to be honest.  If youre looking for CGI battles and giant beings erupting from earth's surface, eternals might be better than Dune.

I read the book as well.  Big sci fi reader growing up..  Asimov, Bradbury, Herbert, Heinlein etc.....  I felt Dune would have been much better served with a series sort of like G.O.T. where they could have fleshed out the characters, their backgrounds and created more drama if not an intelligent ---script. The movie was just this big beautiful pastry from the outside, which one you digested it - it was tasteless and formless.  I am amazed at how many people sing this movie's praises. Perhaps the bar has sunk so low or maybe my bar is just too high... regardless - Dune the movie remains forgettable. :preach:

Edited by Roger66

On 1/20/2022 at 3:03 PM, Roger66 said:

I read the book as well.  Big sci fi reader growing up..  Asimov, Bradbury, Herbert, P. , Heinlein etc.....  I felt Dune would have been much better served with a series sort of like G.O.T. where they could have fleshed out the characters, their backgrounds and created more drama if not an intelligent ---script. The movie was just this big beautiful pastry from the outside, which one you digested it - it was tasteless and formless.  I am amazed at how many people sing this movie's praises. Perhaps the bar has sunk so low or maybe my bar is just too high... regardless - Dune the movie remains forgettable. :preach:

I understand.  Not amovie I would watch twice.  However I really appreciated how they stayed true to the book aside from no feyd rautha.

On 1/20/2022 at 3:06 PM, Bosco685 said:

You should post that in the Dune thread so Eternals gets the full attention it deserves

:rulez:

:shiftyeyes:

metaphor?

On 1/20/2022 at 4:03 PM, Roger66 said:

I read the book as well.  Big sci fi reader growing up..  Asimov, Bradbury, Herbert, Heinlein etc.....  I felt Dune would have been much better served with a series sort of like G.O.T. where they could have fleshed out the characters, their backgrounds and created more drama if not an intelligent ----script. The movie was just this big beautiful pastry from the outside, which one you digested it - it was tasteless and formless.  I am amazed at how many people sing this movie's praises. Perhaps the bar has sunk so low or maybe my bar is just too high... regardless - Dune the movie remains forgettable. :preach:

I do appreciate how differently movie viewers perceive films. I have seen Dune numerous times and consider it a masterpiece.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:10 PM, Artboy99 said:

I do appreciate how differently movie viewers perceive films. I have seen Dune numerous times and consider it a masterpiece.

And that I respect immensely.  When it comes to movie entertainment or even ice cream flavors - our palettes are indeed uniquely our own and that is what makes life interesting. :highfive:

On 1/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, Artboy99 said:

however some films are unquestionably bad-manos hands of fate, eternals-

I love how Silvermane lumps all of the DC movies together as "failures". Aquaman made a billion dollars. Shazam! is a very well loved film. Family members who don't like comic book movies loved Shazam. Despite the controversy that erupted around Batman vs Superman, it made 800 hundred million. Take your head out of the water and see that the world is not centered on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There's more out there in the line of entertainment than a bunch of formula films from " the House of Ideas".

On 1/20/2022 at 5:00 PM, Larryw7 said:

I love how Silvermane lumps all of the DC movies together as "failures". Aquaman made a billion dollars. Shazam! is a very well loved film. Family members who don't like comic book movies loved Shazam. Despite the controversy that erupted around Batman vs Superman, it made 800 hundred million. Take your head out of the water and see that the world is not centered on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There's more out there in the line of entertainment than a bunch of formula films from " the House of Ideas".

its bizarre.

If someone really loves the MCU then they should be critical when they produce a stinker.  If you have a friend you care about that becomes a drug addict (metaphor) you dont say 'way to go!  awesome!'