• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 5:45 PM, Bosco685 said:

if you were realsilvermane and trying to distract from reality

:baiting:

No but really... we have an Ozark thread somewhere?  I'm looking and cannot find it but you know how it is...

On 1/19/2022 at 2:44 PM, Bosco685 said:

26th film in a massive successful franchise

Hollywood royalty ANGELINA JOLIE and SALMA HAYEK in lead roles

Game of Thrones massive alumni stars KIT HARINGTON and RICHARD MADDEN

Oscar-winning director Chloe Zhao

And this movie couldn't achieve a profit, let along break even??

get-out-the-lion-king.gif.6986aca218c129e97da2218e37ea2e30.gif

they put their eggs in the wrong basket.  Script, boys-script.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:53 PM, Buzzetta said:

No but really... we have an Ozark thread somewhere?  I'm looking and cannot find it but you know how it is...

PLEASE! Don't pressure the search feature to look beyond the first few pages. It will explode like a mellow in a Galagher routine.

FaithfulBriskBellsnake-max-1mb.gif.14927cbbc34e0d53676bb47dfe69b54d.gif

Did you try Google?

On 1/19/2022 at 5:57 PM, Bosco685 said:

PLEASE! Don't pressure the search feature to look beyond the first few pages. It will explode like a mellow in a Galagher routine.

FaithfulBriskBellsnake-max-1mb.gif.14927cbbc34e0d53676bb47dfe69b54d.gif

Did you try Google?

Yeeeeah.... and all I found was that there was a old comic called Ozark Ike that has popped up on in the FS area from time to time. 

On 1/19/2022 at 4:59 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yeeeeah.... and all I found was that there was a old comic called Ozark Ike that has popped up on in the FS area from time to time. 

Oooo. The next HOT SPEC!!!!!

On 1/19/2022 at 4:58 PM, kav said:

All the black characters are honorable. 

I'll give the movie even more credit with that not even being the case. Jeffrey Wright is black and was not honourable in the film.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

Eternals_Cast.PNG.0c1d3c8815ece36eeb1beeaa77aab01c.PNG

So cool seeing David Kaye there, LOVE that guy.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:43 PM, Buzzetta said:

Is this the thread where we can discuss Ozark?

The fourth and final season drops on Friday and I've been looking forward to is for awhile. 

Man, I saw your post and thought Ozark was out today, CANNOT FREAKEN WAIT. Easily my favourite series along with Better Call Saul at the moment. There isn't a thread though, you can make one.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:59 PM, Buzzetta said:

So there was definitely a previous thread?

On 1/19/2022 at 3:10 PM, William-James88 said:

I'll give the movie even more credit with that not even being the case. Jeffrey Wright is black and was not honourable in the film.

On 1/19/2022 at 2:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

to be fair he played a hispanic in the film.

On 1/19/2022 at 6:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

So there was definitely a previous thread?

I don't know to be honest.  I thought we had discussed it but it might have been in other threads.   

Just start one.  It's the final season.  Great show and must see tv on netflix. 

On 1/19/2022 at 6:16 PM, Buzzetta said:

I don't know to be honest.  I thought we had discussed it but it might have been in other threads.   

Just start one.  It's the final season.  Great show and must see tv on netflix. 

Let me finish my paperwork first

eternals_Toilet.PNG.8d77c53b0c20be8ccf435b459beee742.PNG

:yeehaw:

On 1/19/2022 at 3:18 PM, William-James88 said:

haha, yeah, I knew you'd say that. Tiga Woooooood

But regardless, I think it's a positive, adding inclusivity to all roles, good and bad.

Inclusivity is great if the -script is good.  Spike Lee and some others should try it.

On 1/19/2022 at 3:44 PM, Buzzetta said:

Finally saw Eternals.

I was very pleased to see that Pink Floyd exists in the MCU. 

Doctor Strange featured Interstellar Overdrive from Pink Floyd's first album, leading up to his car wreck. 

On 1/19/2022 at 6:58 PM, mtracy64 said:

Doctor Strange featured Interstellar Overdrive from Pink Floyd's first album, leading up to his car wreck. 

That's right.  I forgot and I bow down. 

(worship)

On 1/19/2022 at 2:19 PM, kav said:

Movies are like a rorschach test for you-you see stuff in em and believe it was intentional for the reasons you see.  Claim you know other's intentions and stuff like christopher nolan's pitch meetings and the eternal director's reading habits.  This could be why you enjoy movies that are frankly weak scriptwise.  Strong scripts like no way home you seem to not like because there's no room to add your own reality to them.

I see these things in part because I'm a student of film and I actually read about directors I admire, like Ang Lee. James Schamus, Ang's producer on many of his films, has stated that the point of almost every Ang Lee film was the idea of freedom from repression. In Brokeback Mountain, two cowboys find that freedom from societal norms on top of a mountain away from society. In Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, a Chinese woman finds freedom from the repression of Chinese women through the Green Destiny sword. In Hulk, both Bruce and David Banner find freedom from the repression of the human shell through a Hulk. Lee and the effects artists have themselves talked about the visual imagery in Hulk and about those strange seemingly random shots of jellyfish and mushroom clouds that resemble each other visually. In the end, David Banner turns into a giant Jellyfish over Pear Lake before he and Bruce are both taken out by a giant mushroom cloud. The metaphors are obvious to anyone with a brain. It's not a Rorschach test. It's actually there.

As I said, Ang Lee's Hulk is an unsung masterpiece of super-hero cinema. At this point, it's an irrelevant movie anyway so I don't mind being the only person in the room smart enough to see that.

I also didn't say I didn't like No Way Home. I'm an MCU fan so I freakin' love that movie. I just said it's not winning any real awards. It's the ultimate example of a fan service movie. You don't get awards for that except from MTV.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:42 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I see these things in part because I'm a student of film and I actually read about directors I admire, like Ang Lee. James Schamus, Ang's producer on many of his films, has stated that the point of almost every Ang Lee film was the idea of freedom from repression. In Brokeback Mountain, two cowboys find that freedom from societal norms on top of a mountain away from society. In Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, a Chinese woman finds freedom from the repression of Chinese women through the Green Destiny sword. In Hulk, both Bruce and David Banner find freedom from the repression of the human shell through a Hulk. Lee and the effects artists have themselves talked about the visual imagery in Hulk and about those strange seemingly random shots of jellyfish and mushroom clouds that resemble each other visually. In the end, David Banner turns into a giant Jellyfish over Pear Lake before he and Bruce are both taken out by a giant mushroom cloud. The metaphors are obvious to anyone with a brain. It's not a Rorschach test. It's actually there.

As I said, Ang Lee's Hulk is an unsung masterpiece of super-hero cinema. At this point, it's an irrelevant movie anyway so I don't mind being the only person in the room smart enough to see that.

I also didn't say I didn't like No Way Home. I'm an MCU fan so I freakin' love that movie. I just said it's not winning any real awards. It's the ultimate example of a fan service movie. You don't get awards for that except from MTV.

There you go again.  
Sorry but the metaphors are not there.  What you see is not what others see, and you have a habit of assigning things to directors you have never met, based on nothing, as well as assigning metaphors out of the blue.
For a student of film though, I cant see how you think screenplay books are 'stupid', as you have stated.

On 1/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, Bosco685 said:

Let me finish my paperwork first

eternals_Toilet.PNG.8d77c53b0c20be8ccf435b459beee742.PNG

:yeehaw:

If Eternals is toilet paper, then it's freakin' Charmin compared to that cheap Dollar Store sandboard toilet paper that comprises 90% of the failed DC Movie Universe's movies and that includes Shazam, Aquaman, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman aka The Two Marthas, the firstSuicide Squad, and Wonder Woah-man 1984.