• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2022 at 8:14 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Metaphor? 

movie reduces ya to a jellyfish.

I enjoyed it. It was too long but still decent. Wifey was unsure what she thought...was it bad? no...was it good? uh, yeah I guess...too confusing though!

Spoiler

(Pip the Troll looked horrible though. Harry Styles was groovy. I did not like the cliffhanger, but loved the effects when Arishem left. Ebony Blade was fine, he is a handsome man that one is. I can say it, ain't blind you know. I thought the whole mad white eyed thing was useless and unnecessary, just added WTF moments mostly. And why are they so surprised about Sersi's powers, she has been fighting for 7000 years and never tried to change a living thing into something else, a tree or dying animal even as a test?)

Edited by Bird

On 1/16/2022 at 1:48 PM, Larryw7 said:

And if you made little festival films, why do you worship a corporate giant while not respecting the greatest director of our generation, Martin Scorsese?

I just saw this. I don't think I ever said what kind of films I've made, just that I've won some awards at small film festivals. I'm here because I'm a fan of the MCU and what Marvel Studios does. Never have I said or insinuated that I worship a corporate giant, I assume you mean Disney. Now I am a fan of the animated and live action films that Walt Disney himself had a hand in. And I do love visiting Disneyland and Disney World. But I haven't seen a Pixar movie in ages. I've only seen a couple of the live action adaptations like Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. Sure, I like Disney. I'm a fan of the MCU. Y'know, good comic book movies, the subject of this forum. As for Martin Scorsese, true he did bug me with his general comments about Marvel movies not being cinema when I don't believe he's never even seen a Marvel movie ( I bet somebody showed him Avengers and he had no clue what was going on), but I grew up on Martin Scorsese movies. I think I've seen Taxi Driver more than any other movie though I do have less respect for that film these days than before. I like a lot of filmmakers, but I'd say Scorsese is probably my favorite contemporary American filmmaker, as I never miss anything he does, not even the very slow Silence from a few years ago starring Andrew Garfield. To sum up, one can like the small stuff and still like the big stuff. I just limit most of my big stuff to MCU #1 and Star Wars #2, which happen to be Disney properties now.

On 1/16/2022 at 1:48 PM, Larryw7 said:

why do you worship a corporate giant while not respecting the greatest director of our generation, Martin Scorsese?

At the same time, as a lifetime Marvel Comics fan, I completely trust Disney as a steward of the Marvel brand. Disney has a track record of being a gold standard of popular movie entertainment since the 1940's. Avengers Infinity War and Endgame don't happen unless Disney buys Marvel in 2010. The Disney+ MCU shows don't exist without Disney. They had the money and the clout to allow Marvel Studios to experiment a little with things like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man. They've helped turn the Marvel brand from a niche intellectual property into a global behemoth. And Disney being the international titan that it is, Marvel Studios has been able to adapt that international savvy and that's why we're starting to see MCU movies that expand beyond America and happen in places like China, Africa, or South America. I know a lot of folks here don't seem to like that but I love it and so do a lot of other MCU fans.

On 1/22/2022 at 1:33 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

At the same time, as a lifetime Marvel Comics fan, I completely trust Disney as a steward of the Marvel brand. Disney has a track record of being a gold standard of popular movie entertainment since the 1940's. Avengers Infinity War and Endgame don't happen unless Disney buys Marvel in 2010. The Disney+ MCU shows don't exist without Disney. They had the money and the clout to allow Marvel Studios to experiment a little with things like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man. They've helped turn the Marvel brand from a niche intellectual property into a global behemoth. And Disney being the international titan that it is, Marvel Studios has been able to adapt that international savvy and that's why we're starting to see MCU movies that expand beyond America and happen in places like China, Africa, or South America. I know a lot of folks here don't seem to like that but I love it and so do a lot of other MCU fans.

Disney bought Marvel August 2009.

7 Companies Owned by Disney

Back to your Disney rah-rah session.

:cheers:

On 1/22/2022 at 1:15 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Still true, though.

Only based on the assumption that someone knows what the others knowledge is. 

There are many reasons for mockery.