• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Can someone provide me a link to Christine's story. Since woman aren't generally huge comic collectors (no disrespect intended towards Joanna or other female forumites), I'm a little intrigued as to how and why she decided to attain every D.C. book.

No, but would you open your door to your own personal stalker?

Oh I SEE !!!!!!!!

I made one single solitary phone call in my life, one time only, to the woman, thinking she'd be interested to talk to a fellow DC completist, and suddenly I'm a stalker ????

Can someone provide me a link to Christine's story. Since woman aren't generally huge comic collectors (no disrespect intended towards Joanna or other female forumites), I'm a little intrigued as to how and why she decided to attain every D.C. book.

She's one of the heirs to Pepsi.

She may have had a little more access to money to complete her collection than I did.

And before I accept her collection as complete, I need to be sure she has both "Narrative Illustration - The History Of The Comics", and "How You Can Defend Your Home", both of which qualify as bone fide M.C.Gaines All American comics, and both of which are true DCs.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But she's not actually likely to invite you round to see them, is she?

Why? Is she a stuck up [embarrasing lack of self control]?

Sure, just long enough to put two in the chest and one in the head. What I wouldn't do is post as a shill on a comic book message board like some some .

seriously. find a pair of balls if you're going to be an [embarrassing whatever] in public

She may have had a little more access to money to complete her collection than I did.

Is she a huge comic book fan that actually reads her books?

And before I accept her collection as complete, I need to be sure she has both "Narrative Illustration - The History Of The Comics", and "How You Can Defend Your Home", both of which qualify as bone fide M.C.Gaines All American comics, and both of which are true DCs.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Probably all depends if she has a copy of that rare DC comic "How You Can Defend Your Home" confused-smiley-013.gif

Interesting... anyone have more info on this topic?

Probably all depends if she has a copy of that rare DC comic "How You Can Defend Your Home" confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

That's the funniest response I've read in a long time.

thumbsup2.gif

Oh I SEE !!!!!!!!

I made one single solitary phone call in my life, one time only, to the woman, thinking she'd be interested to talk to a fellow DC completist, and suddenly I'm a stalker ????

'Hello Ms Pepsi heiress, would you like to talk about those classic 60s JLAs when the team used to split up to fight different aspects of the same dastardly plot? Hello? Hello?'

I for one can't see why she wouldn't take your call.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Then Ian had better NEVER let you in his house. 27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sure, just long enough to put two in the chest and one in the head. What I wouldn't do is post as a shill on a comic book message board like some some .

sign-funnypost.gif

thumbsup2.gif Genius. In all probability, none of us will ever say anything that funny. At least not in public.

hail.gifhail.gif

Congratulations on being the 2nd person to complete this remarkable feat!

What are you going to do now? Try and upgrade so that you have something closer to the quality of Christine's complete collection?

I see this feat as being something like baseball players that get their 3000th hit. You don't hear people saying that it's no big deal because twenty something other players did it first. Or pitchers that get their 300th win. These kind of accomplishments are amazing no matter how many times they were done before.

Complete DC collections are going to be rare in our hobby. Ian and Christine may be the only two that EVER do it (I have not heard that anyone else currently has another complete set). I don't think it matters who was first, whos is in better shape, who has more of the giveaways...etc.

Both collectors have done something we all are amazed about; at least this non completist DC collector is.

Both collectors have done something we all are amazed about; at least this non completist DC collector is.

I'm amazed and I don't even like 98% of what DC publishes.

Hello Ms Pepsi heiress, would you like to talk about those classic 60s JLAs when the team used to split up to fight different aspects of the same dastardly plot?

Now isn't it amazingly spooky that you're a newcomer on here, and yet you've somehow mysteriously pastiched a comment I made about a year and a half ago about my personal love for the Gardner Fox stories and what made them work for me as an eager collector when I was growing up.