• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Now that you've completed the onsale portion, can you please post the list of promotionals you still need? I'm sure that posting your list here helped (I know I found you a bunch of books), and maybe posting the promotionals will help as well.

Your wish is my command....

DC PROMOTIONAL, PREVIEW, AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

BUGS BUNNY 64 Page STAMPERS POSTAL EDITION Mini-Comic - 1 (I don't believe this exists)

CARTOON NETWORK PRESENTS Platinum Edition - 1 (I don't believe this exists)

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3 ("The Twain Shall Meet")

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY- 1990 - 1

JOAN AND GINGER'S MAGAZINE - Any issues containing Superman-Tim cartoon strips except for May, July, and August 1947)

LOONEY TUNES TYSON MINI-COMICS "The Great Scavenger Hunt" - 7

LOONEY TUNES TYSON FIRST SERIES - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

OVERSEAS EDITIONS for US Armed Forces - Superman 27, 28, 72

SCOOBY DOO mini-comic with DVD - "Werewolf Are You" - 1

SPECIAL NAVY EDITION (1944) - 1, 4, 5, 6

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1944 (Second Of Two That Year- Candy Cane Cover)

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1 (I don't believe this exists as a promo. The Golden Press were kiddie books)

SUPERMAN TIM - August 42, September 42, November 42, December 42, January 43, February 43, April 43, November 43, January 44, February 44, March 44, October 44, April 45, May 45, September 45, December 45, August 46

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1 ("Make Way For Youth")

Also I still need to upgrade my Girls Love 5, and I still need an Uncle Sam 5, which isn't actually a DC but is part of the number system of Blackhawk.

BUGS BUNNY 64 Page STAMPERS POSTAL EDITION Mini-Comic - 1 (I don't believe this exists)

Trust me on this, it exists. During that time when the BUGS BUNNY stamp first came out, the POST OFFICE gave out catologs which shown the comic. I had one of the catologs, but not now. The only way to get the comic book was to join thier STAMPERS CLUB. I already was a member. The PO did this sort of thing a lot around that time with the release of new stamps. Even though I never got to see the actual comic, there it was in the catolog. I would think someone out there must of joined STAMPERS and got one. STAMPERS CLUB was still going in 2000 as I remember. One thing I remember though, once in a while items were no longer available. I ordered Chinese New Year DRAGON stamps from them that included CARDS of the different animals of the years. Well those got cancelled on me. But then on the other hand I ordered UNIVERSAL MONSTER stamps that included CARDS. They told me they were cancelled, but guess what, they arived. I still have those and have never seen anyone that had um. I wonder if I'm the only one that got them?

Trust me on this, it exists. During that time when the BUGS BUNNY stamp first came out, the POST OFFICE gave out catologs which shown the comic. I had one of the catologs, but not now. The only way to get the comic book was to join thier STAMPERS CLUB. I already was a member. The PO did this sort of thing a lot around that time with the release of new stamps. Even though I never got to see the actual comic, there it was in the catolog. I would think someone out there must of joined STAMPERS and got one. STAMPERS CLUB was still going in 2000 as I remember. One thing I remember though, once in a while items were no longer available. I ordered Chinese New Year DRAGON stamps from them that included CARDS of the different animals of the years. Well those got cancelled on me. But then on the other hand I ordered UNIVERSAL MONSTER stamps that included CARDS. They told me they were cancelled, but guess what, they arived. I still have those and have never seen anyone that had um. I wonder if I'm the only one that got them?

Ive never even heard of these stampers things, but sometimes, a picture in a catalog of the cover of a comic book doesnt mean the comic was ever produced and relessed. So the proof isnt necessarily in seeing one in a catalog...

So the proof isnt necessarily in seeing one in a catalog...

Even if the PO didn't give out any wouldn't you still think its shown in a catolog so its possible that one does exist.

If you want to see any of my STAMPERS stuff I would need someone to host my scans. I still have problems posting scans. Even PHOTO BUCKET hasn't been of help to me. But most of my STAMPER stuff is mostly CARDS, posters, mags. Not much as far as comics. The 1st DAY ISSUE SUPERMAN STAMP WITH ACTION #1 was originally offered to STAMPERS and later went directly to post offices. Thats shown in the PROMO section in OS. I don't see any mention of STAMPERS with that also. I believe the STAMPERS name was on the wrap for those.

It's taken me over thirty years and I have no intention of selling it.

Having said that, if someone offered me ten million, I'd sell it...

You are a master of contradictory statements foreheadslap.gif Now do you want that 10 million in Vietnamese dongs or old Italian lira?

troll.GIF

BUGS BUNNY 64 Page STAMPERS POSTAL EDITION Mini-Comic -

Trust me on this, it exists. During that time when the BUGS BUNNY stamp first came out, the POST OFFICE gave out catologs which shown the comic.

Please don't get mixed up with the regular sized Bugs Bunny Post Office giveaway comic, which is quite common. This is a 64 page mini-comic, and I don't believe it exists. The other one is a regular sized comic with Bugs eating a carrot on the greyish coloured cover.

Ian,

Just curious but how can you think a book does not exist? I'm assuming that these promo's were printed in the hundreds or thousands so how can you be so sure?

Because I've been searching for years and seen no evidence.

Having said that, Paul Levitz said the Warlord mini-comic didn't exist, yet here it is......

874547-lostwarlordcopy.JPG

874547-lostwarlordcopy.JPG.ed5ef2e2e6d412c2d3736f0001cbf565.JPG

I haven't seen the copy at Harley's stand.. but I DID see it at the Golden State Con in Oakland a couple of months ago. (It was beautiful.)

Congratulations!! thumbsup2.gif I'm happy that your quest is now complete. Kudos to Scott (FFB) and Harley for being able to find the last elusive comic! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I think Scott (especially) and Harley deserve to share a special Eisner award for services to collecting!

Congratulations to Ian.

Marc

Congratulations!! thumbsup2.gif I'm happy that your quest is now complete. Kudos to Scott (FFB) and Harley for being able to find the last elusive comic! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I think Scott (especially) and Harley deserve to share a special Eisner award for services to collecting!

Congratulations to Ian.

Marc

Too bad we don't have a comics-related Golden Turkey award for DTA...

Congrats Ian on putting together all the DC comics ever, especially including all the Restored copies, Married cover copies, and very low grade copies. Truly something every Modern Age collector would be envious of. thumbsup2.gif

for those of thinking that DTA even cares about the NA26, you are mistaken. The NA26 he has is a consigned book, DTA is not making or losing money by not selling it. He doesn't care if it sells. The owner set the price of the book. gossip.gifthumbsup2.gif

for those of thinking that DTA even cares about the NA26, you are mistaken. The NA26 he has is a consigned book, DTA is not making or losing money by not selling it. He doesn't care if it sells. The owner set the price of the book. gossip.gifthumbsup2.gif

Well, that was the official story, but I never heard anyone with any direct ties to the affair confirm that tale. Even if it's a true tale, it's not unlikely that DTA was giving the book's owner advice ("stand firm, we'll break 'em, etc.")

And if it is in fact true and DTA is totally uninvolved, well then just give the book's owner the turkey award. He'll never sell it now for what he could have.