• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WHAT IF ...? ANIMATED SERIES (2021)
5 5

424 posts in this topic

The writing was pretty inconsistent, as it has been throughout the season. But the voices and the animation remained strong, and the story itself was interesting. I think this was the weakest overall show, but I still enjoyed it very much, and look forward to Season 2.

Which characters were worthy of making it to the main MCU?  The only one I liked enough for that to happen was Captain Carter, but she'd be tough for them since they'd have to use CGI to make her super soldier sized.  She looked to be a bit over six feet and around 180 to 200 pounds, which I was reminded of again in this last episode when she towered over Black Widow.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 10/6/2021 at 7:53 PM, fantastic_four said:

Which characters were worthy of making it to the main MCU?  The only one I liked enough for that to happen was Captain Carter, but she'd be tough for them since they'd have to use CGI to make her super soldier sized.  She looked to be a bit over six feet and around 180 to 200 pounds, which I was reminded of again in this last episode when she towered over Black Widow.

How about having the Black Widow from the other universe come into the main MCU universe?  It seemed like they hinted at that at the end.

I really liked Captain Carter too.  I'd love to see her in the MCU

Spoiler

So now evil Dr Strange holds evil Vision, evil Ultron, evil Arnim Zola, & evil Killmonger in his hands, along with the infinity stones, & the Watcher goes on his way with a skip in his step. 

On 10/7/2021 at 6:50 AM, TupennyConan said:
  Hide contents

So now evil Dr Strange holds evil Vision, evil Ultron, evil Arnim Zola, & evil Killmonger in his hands, along with the infinity stones, & the Watcher goes on his way with a skip in his step. 

Wait until Don Cheadle comes along in Season 2.

borntowear.gif.572bb4bb4d2e6ca0888d5dbd36cde7e0.gif

On 10/7/2021 at 6:50 AM, TupennyConan said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I agree........ but did you notice, evil Dr Strange didn't seem all that evil.

On 10/6/2021 at 9:02 PM, gadzukes said:

How about having the Black Widow from the other universe come into the main MCU universe?  It seemed like they hinted at that at the end.

I really liked Captain Carter too.  I'd love to see her in the MCU

And..... I want to see Evil Dr Strange in the MCU.  I loved all the tentacles and dragons that came out of him.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:09 AM, gadzukes said:
  Hide contents

I agree........ but did you notice, evil Dr Strange didn't seem all that evil.

Yes, but I believe the character had their own motivation to behave the way you note. In fact, the final outcome might have been that motivation.  

Edited by TupennyConan

On 10/7/2021 at 9:12 AM, TupennyConan said:

Yes, but I believe the character had their own motivation to behave the way you note. In fact, the final outcome might have been that motivation.  

They showed Killmonger's ulterior motives a couple of times thru the episode, but I don't remember any moment (a thoughtful pause, a sideways glance, the twisting of his mustache, etc...) where they showed Dr Strange want to do anything but help the situation.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:16 AM, gadzukes said:

They showed Killmonger's ulterior motives a couple of times thru the episode, but I don't remember any moment (a thoughtful pause, a sideways glance, the twisting of his mustache, etc...) where they showed Dr Strange want to do anything but help the situation.

I think that's correct. He was only 'evil' because of the sweet, tall collar, the dark circles under his eyes, & all his monsters. Did he fool the Watcher or us or both or neither? 

& why did Vision turn evil? I think that was explained but I can't recall.  

On 10/7/2021 at 9:20 AM, TupennyConan said:

I think that's correct. He was only 'evil' because of the sweet, tall collar, the dark circles under his eyes, & all his monsters. Did he fool the Watcher or us or both or neither? 

& why did Vision turn evil? I think that was explained but I can't recall.  

Vision never became Vision.  In that universe he was always the "cradle" for Ultron

Edited by gadzukes