• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WHAT IF ...? ANIMATED SERIES (2021)
5 5

424 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2021 at 4:02 AM, TupennyConan said:

The terrific animation in this series seemed even better in the zombie episode. All the comedy from Spidey & Ant-Man helped. I'm not a zombie fan, never read the MZ books. I hope this episode gave the folks what they want. 

I enjoyed it.
Ant Man 'turning' Cap was creative/simply effective.
And Hope's arc was a heartbreaker.

That was too much of a rehash of similar themes with Killmonger. Even if events were changed. And the actor portraying Tony Stark (Mick Wingert) enhanced the more annoying characteristics of his personality.

But the animation throughout this series is incredible. Loving that part of the experience. Really helps deliver the story.

@TupennyConan will be happy with Rhodey's situation though. :whistle:

On 9/16/2021 at 8:11 AM, Bird said:

I hated this last episode...it was left unresolved and just ended. I expected some discussion here!

I think the unresolved episodes are more cliffhangers and may lead towards some kind of multiverse team-up episode at the end featuring these new What If? heroes like Captain Carter, 12 year old Shuri, Pepper, and Carol Danvers.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:30 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

I think the unresolved episodes are more cliffhangers and may lead towards some kind of multiverse team-up episode at the end featuring these new What If? heroes like Captain Carter, 12 year old Shuri, Pepper, and Carol Danvers.

I didn't feel earlier ones were especially unresolved, they dealt with the episode story and then pointed to new tales. The Zombie one looked like it could be continued, but that was just telling us how it would go I guess. Here we got no finality to the story...do they confront Killmonger and how? T'Challa said it would catch up with him and Shuri/Pepper say we'll show the world, but the fun is in the resolution! How did it go down? Instead we just got 2/3rds of the tale. 

I expect the multiverse teamup, it is coming I agree. (I thought this was 8 episodes, now I see 9). But this episode cannot stand on its own I don't think, and that is a shame. It left too many unresolved thoughts/feelings to be a positive experience.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:36 AM, JasonTodd69 said:

@Bosco685 Cinemas are closeed in my area . Do you know about Shaang Chi's release date on Disney plus? 

It is assumed this will follow a 45-day release cycle first.

Shang-Chi is expected to land on Disney Plus to stream in mid-October, likely at no added cost for subscribers.

However, Disney has repeatedly said it values flexibility above all else as it decides how to release films during the pandemic. The company hasn’t given a full confirmation about exactly how Shang-Chi will be released on Disney Plus yet, so those expectation may change.

On 9/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, valiantman said:

Not sure what you're asking, but most search functions ignore words that aren't keywords.  "what" and "if" are usually ignored.

Interesting. Had never heard that before now.

But the forum search function is very flawed. When it can't even identify a thread that is on page one (yet the search tags do reflect 'What if') or even a thread on page two...

On 9/21/2021 at 12:35 PM, Bosco685 said:
On 9/21/2021 at 12:04 PM, valiantman said:

Not sure what you're asking, but most search functions ignore words that aren't keywords.  "what" and "if" are usually ignored.

Interesting. Had never heard that before now.

But the forum search function is very flawed. When it can't even identify a thread that is on page one (yet the search tags do reflect 'What if') or even a thread on page two...

There's a default behavior that search functions have to ignore words like "what", "if", "and", "the", "a", "he", "she", etc.  Then there are site-specific search functions, such as this board ignoring the word "cgc".

Sometimes searches are easier on Google, just put site:cgccomics.com "what if" 

It will keep the two words "what if" together and only show results from cgccomics.com

On 9/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, valiantman said:

There's a default behavior that search functions have to ignore words like "what", "if", "and", "the", "a", "he", "she", etc.  Then there are site-specific search functions, such as this board ignoring the word "cgc".

Sometimes searches are easier on Google, just put site:cgccomics.com "what if" 

It will keep the two words "what if" together and only show results from cgccomics.com

exactly what I have gotten in the habit of doing to refresh an existing thread. Though it does get tricky even then.

On 9/21/2021 at 2:46 PM, Bosco685 said:

exactly what I have gotten in the habit of doing to refresh an existing thread. Though it does get tricky even then.

Most of the old CGC forum (in the Google archives) was at site:collectors-society.com and that doesn't exist now, so things I know were discussed at length 5+ years ago aren't even on Google anymore.