• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Muno42 said:

I don't see this in the thread. What's going on with Vision exhibiting super speed multiple times? Sure Vision should be pretty fast, being Vision and all, but some of the scenes were Quicksilver fast.

Good question...I'm so befuddled with Wanda's powers I just filed this under "another superpower I overlooked or never read in the comics."  :blush:

1 hour ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I wasn’t a fan of the first two episodes, but enjoyed #3 and 4. Even though the last was basically a recap . I always found “ Darcy’s “ attempt at comic relief to be a failed attempt , ( apparently not a poly sci major but astrophysicist ) but enjoyed Jimmy Woo as a character ( especially since he figured out how to do his card trick )

From the mid season trailer the following seem to appear: 

we have the sitcom running through another  couple decades - 80s ( and a ET style Halloween ?) 90, and 2000’s .

a battle takes place in wandas town 

a vehicle penetrates the outer barrier of the town and makes its way in 

vision leaves the town 

There's a scene that looks like Back To The Future town square, which was a 1985 movie set in 1955.  She's progressing through "entertainment" decades, rather than actual decades - so everything is a caricature of the actual timeline.

It's likely the 1980s has more than just Back To The Future, such as ET's Halloween scene, and the 1990s looked like Full House.  The 2000s looked like Modern Family.

44 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

It's not just a challenge, it's absolutely, positively IMPOSSIBLE.  You can't do it without plot holes, which is why I rank Endgame significantly lower than Infinity War which left explaining the time shift to bring everyone back to its sequel.

Agreed!

As the most massively successful franchise ever due to thorough planning you can't tackle the tougher concepts by inferring 'JUST TRUST ME BRO' as the answer. I have to agree Infinity War to me was the much stronger film.

15 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Good question...I'm so befuddled with Wanda's powers I just filed this under "another superpower I overlooked or never read in the comics."  :blush:

Wanda's powers in the comics varied by author after Agatha Harkness taught her magic. Before that, it was simple. Point at bad guy, odds of said bad guy tripping and not shooting her goes her way. It grew from weak to pretty good, much like the Invisible Girl and Marvel Girl. After the witchcraft...entire realities created depending on her state of mind. In the movies, she seemed to be a telekinetic with a mental whammy.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Agreed!

As the most massively successful franchise ever due to thorough planning you can't tackle the tougher concepts by inferring 'JUST TRUST ME BRO' as the answer. I have to agree Infinity War to me was the much stronger film.

I just re-watched Infinity War last week.  It's one of Marvel's best, although a few rank above it.

I've been avoiding ranking Endgame among all superhero films.  I'm biased against time-travel stories because I'm well-familiar with the unavoidable problems with them from many I've seen in the past.  It's in the top 30 superhero films due to everything in that film that doesn't relate to the time travel idea--probably top 15 or 20--but I'm not sure where.  I really, really, REALLY wish the Russos had avoided time travel...that's a hard (read: logically and almost certainly PHYSICALLY impossible) road to go down.

31 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm not following that idea.  Why can't Wanda and Pietro be mutants for Wanda to reveal mutantkind in whatever undefined way the Mind stone brought her own powers out?  I don't even see why she'd care about whispering "mutants" at all if she wasn't one herself.

The movies have not touched on the TV shows, but Agents of Shield certainly exists within the Avengers universe, but we already have a whole world of people there with latent "inhuman" genes just waiting to show themselves. Not much difference between that and "mutants" in the x-men sense of things as the alien DNA may not show up in all descendants (it really could not as nearly everyone on the planet would have it after 400 or whatever generations). Mind you, I am only on season 3, so if that is all cleared up and put to bed later don't spoil it for me.

anyway, i seriously doubt they do it, but I did think this would be a way to merge the x-universe with the current MCU. wanda reaches out and wants her brother, and pulls the x-men version of pietro into her world along with the rest of them, not sure how you can do a full merger of the two worlds though..things would get awfully crowded. 

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I just re-watched Infinity War last week.  It's one of Marvel's best, although a few rank above it.

I've been avoiding ranking Endgame among all superhero films.  I'm biased against time-travel stories because I'm well-familiar with the unavoidable problems with them from many I've seen in the past.  It's in the top 30 superhero films due to everything in that film that doesn't relate to the time travel idea--probably top 15 or 20--but I'm not sure where.  I really, really, REALLY wish the Russos had avoided time travel...that's a hard (read: logically and almost certainly PHYSICALLY impossible) road to go down.

they did spend a chunk of time trying to intellectually dissect time travel and all that

17 minutes ago, the blob said:

they did spend a chunk of time trying to intellectually dissect time travel and all that

It felt like a flea putting up a brave front against the oncoming blast of a supernova.  :eek:

Just now, TupennyConan said:

One more argument for a short Wolverine.   

That's another topic. Hoping they don't totally miscast him. There are not a lot of clear options who aren't already in Marvel or DC movies. Radcliffe and Harrington are tossed out there because they are short and not american. I just don't see either giving us the sense we are dealing with a 150 year old. Andrew Lincoln maybe. 

1 minute ago, chezmtghut said:

I don't know if this will help understand time travel in a more scientific way, but I found it informative:

https://www.integratron.com/the-extraordinary-equation-of-george-van-tassel-1964/

It is all theory. Only Henry Pym and Tony Stark have figured it out (and Pym didn't mean to).

16 minutes ago, the blob said:

It is all theory. Only Henry Pym and Tony Stark have figured it out (and Pym didn't mean to).

It's actually magnetic resonance, which I specified in my post on the previous page! It's only a theory to those who don't understand it's principles fully. What do you think Stark & Pym do on a quantum level, other than manipulate the magnetic poles of the atoms?

Edited by chezmtghut

7 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

It's actually magnetic resonance, which I specified in my post on the previous page! It's only a theory to those who don't understand it's principles fully. What do you think Stark & Pym do on a quantum level, other than manipulate the magnetic poles of the atoms?

blah blah..finger snap is much easier to grasp

I still need to know more about the Hulk Snap. When pilots got dusted, the plane went down half full so people died. Are those people back because the Thanos snap was "undone"? Did they all reappear in the air where the plane was and fall to their death? Not many time travel stories take into account the Earth having moved in orbit, so that bugs me...however!!! I really liked Endgame. Cap wielding Mjolnr and finally saying Avengers Assemble! was Cap fan Heaven!

1 minute ago, Muno42 said:

Not many time travel stories take into account the Earth having moved in orbit

Another of an infinity of problems with traveling back in time.  I can only assume the Russos read the wrong time-traveling stories.

2 minutes ago, Muno42 said:

I still need to know more about the Hulk Snap. When pilots got dusted, the plane went down half full so people died. Are those people back because the Thanos snap was "undone"? Did they all reappear in the air where the plane was and fall to their death? Not many time travel stories take into account the Earth having moved in orbit, so that bugs me...however!!! I really liked Endgame. Cap wielding Mjolnr and finally saying Avengers Assemble! was Cap fan Heaven!

No.