• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It would be so cool if they bring this story forward where Baron Strucker didn't really create their powers. He manipulated them to enhance existing powers.

They've already indicated that's exactly what they're doing, but what "existing powers" they already had could be either mutant powers or sorcery, so they could go either way with that.  There's an MCU canon book released in 2019 I haven't read called "The Wakanda Files" where supposedly Shuri notes that Strucker was experimenting on Sakovians with the Mind stone because of genetic anomalies they observed.  All of the test subjects died besides Pietro and Wanda.  I've heard that bit referenced in a few Wanda-related articles I've read over the last week trying to understand what her powers are.

I haven't verified that Shuri did describe what Hydra identified in Sakovians as "genetic anomalies," but if she did that suggests mutation.

WakandaCover_HighRes..jpg?format=1500w

On 1/25/2021 at 6:13 AM, Angel of Death said:

This show is absolutely dreadful. It's so F-ing boring that I literally feel asleep during Episode 3 on Saturday.

And for the apologists saying, "you just don't like it because it's different" - no - I knew it was going to be different. What I didn't know is that it was going to be awful. "Different" does not automatically equal "good".

I really liked the last episode and it fills in a bunch of blanks in terms of post "snap" and all that that are not covered in the movies (unless I missed it in the SPiderman movie or it is addressed in Agent of Shields episodes I am not up to yet). My 9 year old was so pizzed it was so short. I defintely would have liked another 20 minutes. The sitcom stuff was fine for a few episodes. I am pretty sure things are going to start turning more dark in episode 5

Edited by the blob

15 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Why are you conflating movement with sentience?

Why are assuming movement instead of both thought and movement? :whatthe:

She is manipulating his android body which part of that structure was his android mind that through the merger of Ultron and JARVIS became something else due to the Mind Stone. But in the end, he is still an android. Right?

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

They've already indicated that's exactly what they're doing, but what "existing powers" they already had could be either mutant powers or sorcery, so they could go either way with that.  There's an MCU canon book released in 2019 I haven't read called "The Wakanda Files" where supposedly Shuri notes that Strucker was experimenting on Sakovians with the Mind stone because of genetic anomalies they observed.  All of the test subjects died besides Pietro and Wanda.  I've heard that bit referenced in a few Wanda-related articles I've read over the last week trying to understand what her powers are.

I haven't verified that Shuri did describe what Hydra identified in Sakovians as "genetic anomalies," but if she did that suggests mutation.

WakandaCover_HighRes..jpg?format=1500w

I had never heard of this book. Very cool!

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

She is manipulating his android body which part of that structure was his android mind that through the merger of Ultron and JARVIS became something else due to the Mind Stone. But in the end, he is still an android. Right?

Yes, but I wonder if they can "fix" this by saying some aspect of the mind stone stayed with him so when she reanimates his android body there is still some "him" in it? Afterall, Captain/Ms. Marvel is practically a god based on her mere interaction with an infinity stone, it didn't need to be stuck in her head for her to have her powers

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It's simple and makes sense. There's nothing to suggest that any part of Vision is even somewhat functional without the Mind Stone. (shrug)

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

I really liked the last episode and it fills in a bunch of blanks in terms of post "snap" and all that that are not covered in the movies (unless I missed it in the SPiderman movie or it is addressed in Agent of Shields episodes I am not up to yet). My 9 year old was so pizzed it was so short. I defintely would have liked another 20 minutes. The sitcom stuff was fine for a few episodes. I am pretty sure things are going to start turning more dark in episode 5

They only have a handful of episodes left. It feels like they approached this as a 20-something episodes series, so far. Slogging along.

Most people mis-use the word "theory" for unproven ideas when they actually mean "hypothesis."  I mention that here because it also applies to the word "sentience."  Most people think sentience means intelligent life forms, but it doesn't--it means life forms that can sense things, i.e. see, hear, smell, taste, or otherwise chemically identify things in their environment.  Pretty much any life form big enough for us to see with our eyes is sentient, but very little of it is sapient.  The Latin word "sapient" means wise, which is why the human species is named homosapiens.

The line between sentience and sapience is not well-defined and highly debatable, but what's not debatable is that sentience is the wrong word for describing highly intelligent life forms.

Edited by fantastic_four

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

Yes, but I wonder if they can "fix" this by saying some aspect of the mind stone stayed with him so when she reanimates his android body there is still some "him" in it? Afterall, Captain/Ms. Marvel is practically a god based on her mere interaction with an infinity stone, it didn't need to be stuck in her head for her to have her powers

They can't fix what Thanos did in yanking out the stone in any easily-explainable way.  Shuri explicitly described how delicate the operation was and how incredibly complex Vision's mind was in Infinity War, so we have to assume Thanos pretty much killed Vision when he dug into his head.  Somehow fixing the trillions of neural connections Thanos destroyed is pure magic, the creatively easy way to have to come up with rational explanations.  :insane:

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

They only have a handful of episodes left. It feels like they approached this as a 20-something episodes series, so far. Slogging along.

Yeah, I want "more" too. No reason these shouldn't have been hour long shows and we'd be be getting the whole "Sword" thing in the second episode. there are 9 episodes coming. so, 5 more, at an absurd 26 minutes an episode, about as much as a marvel movie

Some of you might think this is far fetched but I believe the sword symbol actually represents the Ank from Egypt, although they changed the cross to a sword & embedded it into the oval. Fantastic Four #19 introduces Rama-Tut  a time traveler from the future who's able to enslave people with his ray gun. The pyramids were likely converting earths energy into laser beams directed at Orion's belt, while dehydrated the earth into desert & the Ark of the covenant was likely a massive crystal that Moses removed during exodus. It honestly makes me think of Silver Surfer taking on Galactus. I think the new 5g network will start creating all kinds of disturbances on an atomic level. Look at the cover of Fantastic Four 5 & you will notice that Doctor Doom is able the control the air using a frequency dial that could disrupt molecules with sound waves.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by chezmtghut

Or...

What if the Multiverse is at play here? What if Westview happens to contain a geo-dimenstional anomaly where Wanda is able to access the Multiverse and perhaps access the energy of another Mind Stone to power Vision? And if Bruce Banner is right in Infinity War, perhaps Vision is more than the Stone and this multiversal energy is enough to bring him back to life? And if this is the case, I can see how Wanda would want to protect this "zone" more than anything. And not only would it be an incubator for a re:Vision, but also be a Mulitversal maternity ward for children she's able to somehow create with Vision. I'm digging these guessing games.

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

It's simple and makes sense. There's nothing to suggest that any part of Vision is even somewhat functional without the Mind Stone. (shrug)

It could come down to how they attached the Mind Stone to the Vision android body. It would leave possible residue of influence from the Infinity Stone versus how Shuri suggested they should have approached this (his functions operating out of one object).

hm

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Ultron and Vision are very often described as "sentient AI", hence my use of the term.

yeah, an ultron was running around without the mind stone, so why can't vision at some point? granted, it is not clear ultron really had the whole range of human emotions like vision did

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

It could come down to how they attached the Mind Stone to the Vision android body. It would leave possible residue of influence from the Infinity Stone versus how Shuri suggested they should have approached this (his functions operating out of one object).

hm

I already said "you do you". (shrug)

3 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Some of you might think this is far fetched but I believe the sword symbol actually represents the Ank from Egypt, although they changed the cross to a sword & embedded it into the oval. Fantastic Four #19 introduces Rama-Tut  a time traveler from the future who's able to enslave people with his ray gun

Coincidentally they've announced the introduction of Rama-Tut--better known as Kang after FF #19--into the next Ant-Man movie.