• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I agree, it can't be all Wanda. I don't think Wanda has the technical know-how to figure out how to turn reality into a broadcast TV show. Darcy implies "the universe" is doing this. It's got to be a higher power.

I don't think the Vision we're seeing is an inanimate puppet. Shuri saved Vision's memories in Endgame. That's got to be playing out here. It's possible that the Vision we're seeing is actually his persona from Shuri's download but Vision is being fed life through Wanda who is acting as his Mind Stone now, as she's a walking Mind Stone. Just a theory.

Um... What...?

I meant Infinity War. Whatever it is that Shuri did here, it can't have been for nothing.

There's no evidence to suggest that Shuri "saved" anything. Did you watch the movie? She was trying to separate the stone from his body without killing him. That is what she was doing. Banner already provided exposition that his 'mind' is composed of Stark, himself, Ultron, JARVIS, and the stone is what brought him to life. She was trying to make it so that the stone is no longer required. She failed.

I meant Infinity War. Whatever it is that Shuri did here, it can't have been for nothing.

I thought she was re-routing his android brain to not include the Mind stone, but she didn't come anywhere close to finishing.  If she saved his mind somewhere externally it wasn't explicitly stated.

All I remember them showing of what she did is definitely in that one-minute video you posted.  At the end when Corvus is breaking in she starts doing something on her screen at the last second, but I can't tell that we have any idea what it was.  But they could easily state that she did what you're suggesting off-screen, or that whatever she's doing at the last second achieved what you're suggesting.

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

That doesn't make sense, but you do you. (shrug)

Why doesn't it make sense?

If she is trying to make her life whole again by bringing the world back to a place where she felt most positive (her time with Vision), then in this fictional universe she is manipulating his body and mind. But at the same time she is losing touch with reality allowing for at times Vision to function on his own leading to his realizing something is wrong. Wanda has granted him the ability to be whole again, without completely wiping his mind of the characteristics to circle back to his traits to logically assess and determine the reality of their situation.

Let's not forget that fictional side of things where we have superheroes, supervillains and powers invading our planet from space which bring such a threat they snap half the galaxy out of existence. Then snap them back into existence 5 years later and everything levels out over time versus average humans losing their minds over such events. To include people that disappeared in airlines reappearing where they were last at - yet the planes are long gone from that destination so that means they would be falling out of the sky. The big MCU plot hole that people forgot about while it focuses on just a few reappearances.

:whatthe:

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Why doesn't it make sense?

If she is trying to make her life whole again by bringing the world back to a place where she felt most positive (her time with Vision), then in this fictional universe she is manipulating his body and mind. But at the same time she is losing touch with reality allowing for at times Vision to function on his own leading to his realizing something is wrong. Wanda has granted him the ability to be whole again, without completely wiping his mind of the characteristics to circle back to his traits to logically assess and determine the reality of their situation.

Let's not forget that fictional side of things where we have superheroes, supervillains and powers invading our planet from space which bring such a threat they snap half the galaxy out of existence. Then snap them back into existence 5 years later and everything levels out over time versus average humans losing their minds over such events. To include people that disappeared in airlines reappearing where they were last at - yet the planes are long gone from that destination so that means they would be falling out of the sky. The big MCU plot hole that people forgot about while it focuses on just a few reappearances.

:whatthe:

Simple: He's dead, and she's using his dead body as a puppet.

Simple and correct usually go hand-in-hand.

Edit: The Russo Bros already explained your bold "plot hole", FYI.

Edited by Angel of Death

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

in this fictional universe she is manipulating his body and mind

When have they shown her creating a sapient life form in the comics or films?

Given what we're seeing it's easy to assume she's near-omniscient, but I'm guessing that's not the case and she has limits.  Creating a new Vision isn't within the realm of anything about what she can do I've seen so far.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Simple: He's dead, and she's using his dead body as a puppet.

Simple and correct usually go hand-in-hand.

Is it simple an entity has warped the minds of 3K (+) residents to assume they live in Eastview (instead of Westview) and they believe they are in a sitcom TV show?

Complex and ever-evolving usually go hand-in-hand with wildly entertaining shows if you can hang in there and wait out the final reveal. :foryou:

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Is it simple an entity has warped the minds of 3K (+) residents to assume they live in Eastview (instead of Westview) and they believe they are in a sitcom TV show?

Complex and ever-evolving usually go hand-in-hand with wildly entertaining shows if you can hang in there and wait out the final reveal. :foryou:

Well, there's a simple explanation as to how the living beings are being manipulated. Why wouldn't the simple explanation to the dead being go hand-in-hand?

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Partially answering my own question here--she somehow impregnated herself in both media.  But that's not the same as creating a fully-developed adult human or android.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Given what we're seeing it's easy to assume she's near-omniscient, but I'm guessing that's not the case and she has limits.  Creating a new Vision isn't within the realm of anything about what she can do I've seen so far.

If Wanda (or someone else using her abilities) is using Vision's body to recreate his actions and engagements throughout the story, all they would have to do is recreate his characteristics too.

So she wouldn't have to recreate Vision. His android body most probably has all the resident logic retained in it receiving new 'juice' to energize its abilities again. If that is where this story takes us.

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Well, there's a simple explanation as to how the living beings are being manipulated. Why wouldn't the simple explanation to the dead being go hand-in-hand?

What is the simple explanation how two police officers are standing right there next to the Westview sign and claiming they are from Eastview?

Or over 3K people are sustaining their existence in a warped reality when it comes to food, general living needs and cognitive abilities registering what they are experiencing is all normal and not to be questioned.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

What is the simple explanation how two police officers are standing right there next to the Westview sign and claiming they are from Eastview?

Or over 3K people are sustaining their existence in a warped reality when it comes to food, general living needs and cognitive abilities registering what they are experiencing is all normal and not to be questioned.

Um that Wanda is manipulating everyone? I thought that was concise.

15 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So she wouldn't have to recreate Vision. His android body most probably has all the resident logic retained in it receiving new 'juice' to energize its abilities again. If that is where this story takes us.

Sounds like magic.  But Wanda is a sorceress in her post-Perlmutter incarnation, so maybe magic is what it'll end up being.  (shrug)

I never fully liked Doctor Strange because I didn't like the mixing of magic in with the other science-fantasy based heroes, so turning Wanda into a magic user gives me a bit of heartburn.  I'm hoping that's not the direction they go, but it absolutely could be.  I felt the same way about Thor even back when I was a pre-teen...you're mixing Norse gods into science-fantasy?  :screwy:  Ultimately it's all fantasy, so I'm over a decade past disliking Thor and Strange now, but I'd still prefer Wanda stay a mutant.

Edited by fantastic_four

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Um that Wanda is manipulating everyone? I thought that was concise.

Ummm - so then Wanda (or someone manipulating her) is also allowing for Vision's android body to be alive again but to the point she allows him freedom to think again - but only to the point she will allow him to.

Concise. See? :baiting:

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Sounds like magic.  But Wanda is a sorceress in her post-Perlmutter incarnation, so maybe magic is what it'll end up being.  (shrug)

I never fully liked Doctor Strange because I didn't like the mixing of magic in with the other science-fantasy based heroes, so turning Wanda into a magic user gives me a bit of heartburn.  I'm hoping that's not the direction they go, but it absolutely could be.

One of my favorite Scarlet Witch stories is in Avengers when she finds out her and Pietro have some linkage to Wundagore and the High Evolutionary. 

Avengers187.JPG.78081f260c8cd95ac373b42f3b22f061.JPG

It would be so cool if they bring this story forward where Baron Strucker didn't really create their powers. He manipulated them to enhance existing powers.

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Ummm - so then Wanda (or someone manipulating her) is also allowing for Vision's android body to be alive again but to the point she allows him freedom to think again - but only to the point she will allow him to.

Concise. See? :baiting:

Why are you conflating movement with sentience?