• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

Just watched the 4th episode.  Very well done.

In the credits they show "voice-over" credits for the different languages.  I noticed they have Captain Marvel (Brie Larsen) on the list with the artist's name who does the voice over.

Does that mean Brie Larsen is going to be in this show at some point?

image0 (62).jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I saw that too, but Infinity War seems FAR more important to this story to know Vision is dead, plus Endgame to know about the blip and why people were materializing from nothing at the start of this episode.

I thought the same thing. Especially with THAT later scene between Vision and Wanda. Big recognition of reality.

27 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

People are watching this show who haven't watched all of the MCU? Wouldn't that be like watching Infinity War without watching Phase 2?

But that's the challenging part of this ever-connected franchise is when folks jump in they could get lost.

Which is why I believe Disney+ came out with the MCU Legend series that just catches people up to the events associated with specific characters. And the first two episodes were Scarlet Witch and Vision.

15 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Just watched the 4th episode.  Very well done.

In the credits they show "voice-over" credits for the different languages.  I noticed they have Captain Marvel (Brie Larsen) on the list with the artist's name who does the voice over.

Does that mean Brie Larsen is going to be in this show at some point?

image0 (62).jpeg

Mild Spoiler alert...

We hear Carol Danvers' voice from Monica's memories from the first movie. Doesn't mean she won't turn up in the show eventually, but for this episode, that's what the credit is for.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Mild Spoiler alert...

We hear Carol Danvers' voice from Monica's memories from the first movie. Doesn't mean she won't turn up in the show eventually, but for this episode, that's what the credit is for.

Got it.  I don't remember that moment, but it's probably there.  That makes sense.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

But that's the challenging part of this ever-connected franchise is when folks jump in they could get lost.

Which is why I believe Disney+ came out with the MCU Legend series that just catches people up to the events associated with specific characters. And the first two episodes were Scarlet Witch and Vision.

That doesn't really answer my question. Who is watching WandaVision having not seen the MCU? Does anyone think that makes sense?

16 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

That doesn't really answer my question. Who is watching WandaVision having not seen the MCU? Does anyone think that makes sense?

Right? THE WORLD is watching all MCU content. How could they not?

:baiting:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Right? THE WORLD is watching all MCU content. How could they not?

:baiting:

"Here's a show about 2 MCU characters, and even though I haven't watched their journey, let's watch it anyways!"

The premise doesn't really rebuke that the show is boring AF, though. The molasses storytelling thru episodes 1-3 isn't recapping anything or character-building. As someone who knows the characters, the show is buns thru episode 3. I don't know how someone who hasn't seen the MCU would find it remotely interesting. Telekinetic lady with robot husband imitating old sitcoms? wot

My significant other doesn't care at all about superheroes but had a mild interest in this show based upon reviews due to the classic television allusions, so there's definitely a small audience outside of the usual superhero fans.

57 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

"Here's a show about 2 MCU characters, and even though I haven't watched their journey, let's watch it anyways!"

The premise doesn't really rebuke that the show is boring AF, though. The molasses storytelling thru episodes 1-3 isn't recapping anything or character-building. As someone who knows the characters, the show is buns thru episode 3. I don't know how someone who hasn't seen the MCU would find it remotely interesting. Telekinetic lady with robot husband imitating old sitcoms? wot

Those of us that are Marvel/MCU steeped can assume at times everyone else is too. That, unfortunately, is not reality. They may go to many of these films knowing now they will have a great time. But that doesn't mean they fully understand all the pieces and lore that influence a character or event. They just know they are having a really fun time. Or then there are some that go back to a film more than once to let everyone know later they definitely did not enjoy it at all ( :baiting: ).

Do I personally think the first three episodes are deserving of one of the best critic ratings of an MCU production? Of course not. We haven't seen this show all the way through yet. And the critics that gave it such ratings only saw the first three episodes anyway. So how it topped films like Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy is mindboggling.

But I still think it is a fun show that is forcing everyone to go along for the ride until the real fun kicks in. Which nowadays where people are posting 'WHERE'S THE TRAILER' a month into something kicking off production is amazing how little patience viewers have.

Edited by Bosco685

Does anyone have a good feel for the nature of Wanda's powers?  In the comics they've changed dramatically over time, but I can't tell if there's a unifying fundamental nature to her MCU powers that explains them.  She seems virtually omniscient in what they've shown her doing in this series if we're to believe what we're seeing.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Does anyone have a good feel for the nature of Wanda's powers?  In the comics they've changed dramatically over time, but I can't tell if there's a unifying fundamental nature to her MCU powers that explains them.  She seems virtually omniscient in what they've shown her doing in this series if we're to believe what we're seeing.

I think it is still a work in progress. Which is again a cool approach with these Disney+ shows to give us 6-9 hours of air time dedicated to key characters versus a 2-hour solo film or 2.5-3 hour team film. We'll learn so much more about them.

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Mild Spoiler alert...

5F60F077-7457-4E8F-9E92-6658D88C17E6.gif

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Those of us that are Marvel/MCU steeped can assume at times everyone else is too. That, unfortunately, is not reality. They may go to many of these films knowing now they will have a great time. But that doesn't mean they fully understand all the pieces and lore that influence a character or event. They just know they are having a really fun time. Or then there are some that go back to film more than once to let everyone know later they definitely did not enjoy it at all ( :baiting: ).

Do I personally think the first three episodes are deserving of one of the best critic ratings of an MCU production? Of course not. We haven't seen this show all the way through yet. And the critics that gave it such ratings only saw the first three episodes anyway. So how it topped films like Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy is mindboggling.

But I still think it is a fun show that is forcing everyone to go along for the ride until the real fun kicks in. Which nowadays where people are posting 'WHERE'S THE TRAILER' a month into something kicking off production is amazing how little patience viewers have.

Yeah, people can have a "fun time" watching homages to old shows, but that doesn't make them "good". That's my point; The show isn't good 1/3 the way through.

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I think it is still a work in progress. Which is again a cool approach with these Disney+ shows to give us 6-9 hours of air time dedicated to key characters versus a 2-hour solo film or 2.5-3 hour team film. We'll learn so much more about them.

There's a deleted scene from Civil War where Vision explains her powers as "manipulating molecular polarity, allowing her to alter reality."  Supposedly all of her powers stem from that source, but I feel like I need a Neil deGrasse-Tyson-style layman's explanation to understand what that's supposed to mean.  :insane:  I also don't get why they deleted that from the final cut...maybe it's to give them room to change her powers later?  Either way I'm going to feel ripped off if they don't clarify her powers in this series.  I expect they'll do that.

That deleted scene from Civil War is at the 49 second mark in the video below.

Edited by fantastic_four

8 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

Honest question: Then why are you watching it?

I was told that you can't just watch the first episode, so I watched all 3. I fell asleep during the 3rd episode.

Am I gonna watch Episode 4? Idk. I could put it on in the background while I work, so I have something to do if it's another bomb. If it's another bomb, then I'm done for sure.

Edited by Angel of Death