• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I was told that you can't just watch the first episode, so I watched all 3. I fell asleep during the 3rd episode.

Am I gonna watch Episode 4? Idk. I could put it on in the background while I work, so I have something to do if it's another bomb. If it's another bomb, then I'm done for sure.

Fair enough! (thumbsu

The classic sitcom episodes were meh.  I liked episode 4 the best because the entire thing is explaining what's been going on so far.  Looks like episode 5 is going to be the first one that's not just back-filling the first three where we're not caught up in Wanda's dream reality.  Or who knows, maybe we re-enter the dream in episode 5.  If we do it won't be for a full episode because the cast listings suggest it's full of the characters who weren't in her altered reality.

Either way it looks like you could probably skip straight to episode 4 or 5 for anyone who bailed because they found the sitcom dreams boring.

In retrospect I didn't mind the sitcom dreams for one reason--there was just enough dark mystery that kept bubbling through to keep me figuring out what was happening.  Episode four eliminates virtually all of that mystery, and we were able to guess most of it anyway by analyzing it and/or googling it or talking it out here.  There's still the question of who are Dottie and Agnes, and did Wanda do this all on her own or has someone manipulated her into it, but most of the big questions were just very explicitly answered.

I'm still guessing that this series will set up mutants in the modern MCU as a reverse version of House of M, and that Eternals will fill in their back story.  The Fox deal was all lined up before Eternals or Wandavision started shooting, and the deal was in the works during the screenplay stage of both titles.  The story as we know it so far in the MCU is that Wanda and Pietro had their powers granted to them by the Mind stone, but it would be extremely easy to ret-con that by suggesting the stone just awakened those powers and they were there all along.  Disney wasn't allowed to call Wanda and Pietro mutants at the time because Fox had rights to ALL mutants in their contract, even new ones created by Marvel after the contract was originally created, and that Wanda and Pietro were negotiated as non-mutant members of the Avengers.  We know for sure this series leads directly to Multiverse of Madness, so if she does end up triggering mutants worldwide my main question is will that be in the main MCU universe from whatever the "now" of Wandavision is (what is it, 2022?  2023?), or will the main MCU universe split into a new one where she retroactively triggers mutants in the past as well?

Edited by fantastic_four

Speaking of Wanda costumes...none will ever eclipse this cosplayer. (worship) I can't imagine how she could possibly breathe or even walk in that corset.  hm

https://www.heavymetal.com/news/the-best-scarlet-witch-ever-and-nobody-knows-her-name/

GFBRobot-david-ngo-scarlet-witch-1-large

Edited by fantastic_four

The first 3 episodes were somewhat dull but today's episode was pretty good!

I guess we will have to wait until the end of the series but how can anyone else trust Wanda again after this?

TBH, How can they trust her in the 616 after Disassembled, House of M etc.......

I absolutely agree with @Comics4Alland @fantastic_four... I was watching this just to watch and keep up with things... I watch very little tv as it is so this was my dose of MCU....

This episode was my “LOST” episode.  This was what I was waiting for... where we see what we have already seen but from the perspective of “someone else on the island.”

k... now I’m into it. 

One more thing... what’s the licensing fee to stream Hendrix?  I’m guessing the Beach Boys were cheap... Hendrix estate... not so much... 

Edited by Buzzetta

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I absolutely agree with @Comics4Alland @fantastic_four... I was watching this just to watch and keep up with things... I watch very little tv as it is so this was my dose of MCU....

This episode was my “LOST” episode.  This was what I was waiting for... where we see what we have already seen but from the perspective of “someone else on the island.”

k... now I’m into it. 

One more thing... what’s the licensing fee to stream Hendrix?  I’m guessing the Beach Boys were cheap... Hendrix estate... not so much... 

That soundtrack was a highpoint for me.

Speaking of which...

WandaVision Episode 4 May Have Dropped Some Huge Hints With A Jimi Hendrix Song

In its fourth episode, "We Interrupt This Program," WandaVision broke from its regular sitcom format to finally show audiences what was happening in the world outside of Westview. As it turns out, SWORD, as well as a number of other military and law enforcement agencies, are investigating the strange anomaly that appears to have taken over the small New Jersey town. There were plenty of answers to questions raised by previous episodes, such as the mysteries of the red helicopter and the beekeeper emerging from the sewers. Yet, at the same time, a whole new collection of questions, many written on a whiteboard by FBI Agent Jimmy Woo, have popped up.

While characters on the show, as well as the people watching at home, may still be trying to unravel the mystery of Wanda and Vision's idyllic sitcom fantasy, a classic rock song may have provided some answers to what is happening. Rather than ending the episode with the typical score that is played over the end credits, "We Interrupt This Program" concluded with the Jimi Hendrix song "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)." On top of being an absolute banger, the song may also offer some hidden clues as to what exactly is happening. Nothing in the MCU happens by accident, and that includes the use of this song.

Spoiler

"Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" was released in 1968 and is the final track on the album Electric Ladyland (the title of which also seems to slot right into the happenings of WandaVision). The first verse features the lyrics "Well, I stand up next to a mountain, And I chop it down with the edge of my hand." This line, used in context, could easily be a reference to the magnitude of Wanda's power. She did, just moments earlier, hurl Monica Rambeau through several walls, a fence, and eventually the energy field surrounding Westview.

However, the final lines of the first verse juxtapose this destructive imagery. Hendrix sings, "Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island, might even raise a little sand." After Wanda's violent ejection of Monica (whom she knows as Geraldine), she surveys the damage she has caused, before deftly putting everything back into place as if nothing happened. What has Wanda done besides made her own island of sorts? She appears to have created a world all her own, and as far as anyone knows, she is solely responsible for what happens within it. "Might even raise a little sand" is also a thematic fit for what happens in this episode. Not only does it begin with people returning after the infamous "blip" (which almost looks like sand reconstructing itself into people) but it also features a vision of, well, Vision after he had died when the Soul stone was removed from his head. Is Wanda, in a way, raising the dead by living this fantasy life with Vision?

However, there could be an even more immediate meaning to these lines. The idea of "this world" and "the next one" could be a clear hint at the creation of the multiverse. Perhaps if the Vision of the current MCU world cannot be revived in a real way, then Wanda can find him in one of the many other universes that could be part of the next phase of Marvel films. After all, Wanda will be playing a major role in the upcoming Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness, along with Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Holland (returning as Spider-Man). Could her part in the film see her searching multiple worlds for a Vision who is still alive?

Speaking of Doctor Strange, there is a further connection to his world through the lyrics of the song featured in WandaVision episode 4, and it's even right there in the title. In Marvel comics, there is a character named Brother Voodoo, who has strong ties to Doctor Strange and even held the title of Sorceror Supreme at one point. According to a report from CBR, a casting call for Multiverse of Madness was put out for actors of Caribbean or Haitian descent. While this isn't definitive proof that the character will be appearing in the film, it does seem more likely when considering the very specific musical choice in the episode. 

16 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

k... now I’m into it. 

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

That soundtrack was a highpoint for me.

Agreed to both of you!

The soundtrack, especially the closing tracks at the end of the episodes have been spot on!

Does anyone know if there is a 2nd season planned or does it go into the next Dr Strange movie?

1 minute ago, Comics4All said:

Does anyone know if there is a 2nd season planned or does it go into the next Dr Strange movie?

I think they have been playing people along to tease there will be a Season 2.

WandaVision cast answer our questions about season 2

WandaVision has arrived on Disney Plus, and all anyone can seemingly talk about is the bizarre first foray into Marvel Phase 4. Many fans are desperate to know whether there will be a WandaVision season 2, or whether this first bath of nine episodes will be everything coming from Westview. 

Our sister publication SFX Magazine spoke with Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen about the show and whether to expect more to come. The pair, as you would expect, play coy. "You never know," answers Bettany, to which Olsen replies, shocked: "What?" Here's the conversation from that point.

Olsen: "Well I was about to say, 'It’s a perfectly told story'."

Bettany: "I was told to say, 'You never know'! The first interview I did on my own for this I said, 'I think it’s a perfectly told story with a beginning, a middle and an end', and afterwards they were like, 'You don’t have to mention that it’s ending'."

Olsen: "Well the actual truth is that we don’t know what’s going to happen. Paul’s dead after Endgame..."

4 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

I think they're all one-offs.  I forget Feige's exact words but that was his implication...something about them being like the films but just shown in an episodic format.  Which doesn't rule out future series, but does imply they won't be released indefinitely like television show seasons.

I thought today that having Ultron show up could be possible. I would love to see him work back into this, whatever it is. Perhaps when Wanda alters reality dormant Ultron in cyberworld notices and comes out.

If Dottie and the Doctor are Clea and Strange I will be disappointed.

28 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

what’s the licensing fee to stream Hendrix?  I’m guessing the Beach Boys were cheap... Hendrix estate... not so much...

It's cheaper to license music for TV than for a theatrical film, and then I believe it's cheaper if it's over end credits ( as opposed to opening credits or a big scene). With estimated $25 mil per episode budget, maybe Disney just licensed unlimited use of song for the episode.

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

I thought today that having Ultron show up could be possible. I would love to see him work back into this, whatever it is. Perhaps when Wanda alters reality dormant Ultron in cyberworld notices and comes out.

If Dottie and the Doctor are Clea and Strange I will be disappointed.

I think one big hero intro per Disney+ show. It's Monica Rambeau's turn this time, so I think Clea will make her debut in Dr Strange 2. Besides, Clea's going to be portrayed by Emily Blunt, too (my prediction).

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I think they're all one-offs.  I forget Feige's exact words but that was his implication...something about them being like the films but just shown in an episodic format.  Which doesn't rule out future series, but does imply they won't be released indefinitely like television show seasons.

I think this series will  tie in to Doc Strange....