• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Well, everything is explained in the Vedic scriptures but since most people would identify it as myth, you need to translate it into terms others are familiar with. If I said that there are unlimited material universes generated from the pores of Mahā Vishnu, who then expands Himself within each universe as Garbhodakaśāyī Vishnu and then again as Ksirodakaśāyī Vishnu (the Paramātmā, Super soul or Holy Spirit within every atom) & that all creation is just God's consciousness operating at different forces of will in reaction to our own minute independent consciousness, would it compute? The scriptures say God is given names according to His qualities, so He has unlimited names but His primary names is Krishna, which is Sanskrit for the all attractive. We generally call this attractive force magnetism but goes by different names like electricity or gravity depending on it's strength & our conceptions. Doctor Strange shares some info about Mudra's, which are hand positions that can be compared to satellite antennas to align the flow of different Chakra's, which relate to the force of our blood & air flow (known as Vata, Pitta & Kapha in Ayurveda).

8.jpg

Are these Yu-Gi-Oh cards?

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Not in theory, just in execution.  I enjoyed it for a few minutes, but the tropes I've seen a thousand times before wore thin quickly.  The episodes weren't barren of things to like--mostly all the clues about what might be happening between the sitcom stuff--but most of the episodes were too much sitcom, not enough story.

Although they weren't traditional super-hero vs villain storylines, I saw the story within the story of each sitcom as Wanda and Vision, two legitimate super freaks, trying their best to fit into this "normal" world they've made for themselves, each episode being a different test of their "normalcy." Ep 1 was having a normal dinner for Vision's boss, Ep 2 to take part in a normal talent show for the community, and Ep 3 to have kids normally like everyone else, all while trying not to expose themselves as super-freaks to the "normal" residents of Westview.

14 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

What if in Wandavision, instead of like the House of M arc where she set reality back and eliminated mutants, what if she alters reality on a grand scale and creates a reality where they exist? Maybe that is too huge of a concept but ya never know. 

Could be--I posted the same idea a few days ago (link below).  But I also posted the comics history where Ike Perlmutter ret-conned her from a mutant to a pure sorceress where Magneto wasn't her father in a "meh, screw the fans" grand design to throttle the value of mutants so that Fox would be motivated to sell them back to Marvel, so who knows which version Feige and the gang decides to go with.  (shrug)  They could say she was a mutant all along, or they could say she's not one.  I lean slightly towards her being revealed as a mutant, but it could go either way.

I mean, I think most fans still consider her and Quicksilver to be (1) mutants and (2) Magneto's children, regardless of the current canon. I'd like the movies to reflect that, and the comics to officially go back to that, but I'm willing to ignore it and just adopt it as the story.

1 hour ago, chezmtghut said:

Well, everything is explained in the Vedic scriptures

I know virtually nothing of Vedic Wisdom but I've been paying attention to your posts for a few weeks and you're my current favorite Boardie so keep posting & never be deterred.   

16 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I mean, I think most fans still consider her and Quicksilver to be (1) mutants and (2) Magneto's children, regardless of the current canon. I'd like the movies to reflect that, and the comics to officially go back to that, but I'm willing to ignore it and just adopt it as the story.

Feige now has direct control of the comics stories so if he wanted to re-ret-con them to mutants, he could.  But he hasn't...yet.

I think you're right about the fans...I forgot myself they weren't mutants since 2014 from the time the show started until a few days ago.  Hasbro released a set of action figures last year based upon the fact that they're related, too, a "Family Matters" three-pack of Magneto, Pietro, and Wanda.  Fans have either ignored or rejected what Perlmutter forced the creators to do, so Feige should just fix it formally in the lore.

81If+oCE3BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

20 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

I know virtually nothing of Vedic Wisdom but I've been paying attention to your posts for a few weeks and you're my current favorite Boardie so keep posting & never be deterred.   

Based upon your apparent preferences might I recommend another would-be soothsayer?  :baiting:

maxresdefault.0.jpg

22 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Feige now has direct control of the comics stories so if he wanted to re-ret-con them to mutants, he could.  But he hasn't...yet.

I think you're right about the fans...I forgot myself they weren't mutants since 2014 from the time the show started until a few days ago.  Hasbro released a set of action figures last year based upon the fact that they're related, too, a "Family Matters" three-pack of Magneto, Pietro, and Wanda.  Fans have either ignored or rejected what Perlmutter forced the creators to do, so Feige should just fix it formally in the lore.

81If+oCE3BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yeah that's what I mean--the toys are still treating them as mutants, and as relatives. I would definitely prefer them be returned to their proper status, but I also imagine Feige has other things on his mind than ordering this particular change into the comics, especially when we're at least a few years away from Magneto getting back into the MCU.

25 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

It's encoded into everything very subtly & the superhero genre gives people a framework to build on. There's a lot of science & history entwined in Marvel & DC. The Flash was built on the concept of motion & it's no coincidence that they created Savitar (a Sanskrit name from the Vedas) as Barry Allen's ego. Some people view God as a hurdle in becoming one themselves & write from that perspective, while others realize everything comes from one source & want understanding over power. The Unbreakable, Split, Glass trilogy gives an idea of how an evolved society can control powers through science. M. Night Shyamalan has made a lot of movies about supernatural events & most probably don't see anything past fiction. The Last air bender was suppose to be called Avatar but James Cameron used the same title, so it had to be changed. A recent episode of American Gods shows Laura Moon stuck in purgatory & they play her life's memories through a projector that I believe was linked to a magnetic coupler to play her memories like a film. The new James Gunn series Peacemaker is about a vigilante who's able to absorb the consciousness of people that die in his vicinity, via their magnetic waves with his helmet. Kirlian photography can show the magnetic signature of objects also known as aura & it's been observed that when someone dies, a form of magnetic resonance leaves the body like a coronal mass ejection from the sun.

15 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Based upon your apparent preferences might I recommend another would-be soothsayer?  :baiting:

maxresdefault.0.jpg

There's a world of difference between making unfounded claims & explaining ancient philosophy through modern methods. It's incredible the amount of time people spend on understanding these comic characters & how their powers work, but completely dismiss scientific analysis of those same powers in any practical application.

38 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

If she's implying similarity in the reveals beyond it just being surprising, i.e. a character fans are very familiar with, there are really only three candidates--Quicksilver, Magneto, or Xavier.  Either of the second two would make me absolutely lose my sheet just like I did when that X-Wing showed up.  :ohnoez:

1 hour ago, bentbryan said:

ULTRON! Bettany said there was a powerhouse actor coming up, Spader qualifies!

I do just want it to be Ultron. But it could be.

I don't think that she means Quicksilver; I do think he is coming back as we saw some preview footage that could be that but I do not think that is what she is alluding to.

I want me some Ultron.

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

ULTRON! Bettany said there was a powerhouse actor coming up, Spader qualifies!

I do just want it to be Ultron. But it could be.

I don't think that she means Quicksilver; I do think he is coming back as we saw some preview footage that could be that but I do not think that is what she is alluding to.

I want me some Ultron.

Yep, Ultron DEFINITELY fits her description as a massive reveal.

What happens if it's him, though?  That sounds like a TON of CGI that would take a TON of firepower to subdue.  I don't see any films in the current Marvel phase slate to deal with that large of a threat.

I’ve been thinking about who would be big enough. Someone would need to matter from a story perspective, and be important enough as an actor to the fans. I think it’ll be Ian McKellen as Magneto—not in a big role, maybe just as “Wanda’s father”, but in a way that everyone knows who he is. Peters’ Quicksilver isn’t important enough, and we can reasonably expect to see Dr. Strange. If Cap shows up, that might qualify, ditto Ultron, but I’m sticking with Ian McKellen as Magneto.

27 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Speaking if Ultron

i was watching it and was wondering what happened to Wandas accent?

it just magically disappeared 

“No more accent....”

he first few episodes had her mimicking the classic sitcom voice; in the post-Ultron movies, she was fitting in in America, and then on the run. You can hear the accent start to creep back when she's singing to the twins before exiling Geraldine.

That would be fantastic if they got Magneto, Logan or Xavier to show up.

But the first one would make the most sense. Though since we are dealing with the Multiverse, what if James McAvoy shows up as Xavier? A young Charles just as confused as her to be there.