• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It's just a scarecrow-type Halloween decoration, but it's still a crimson-ish demon that seems to be watching Wanda. And then there's the bright red door behind the demon. Might be a stretch to say it's another point towards the demon Mephisto, but I found it creepy.

I'm scrubbing it from my memory...

16 hours ago, fmaz said:

I really believe now that it 100% is NOT Mephisto.  First of all, from a purely storytelling perspective, they've been planting the seeds for him SO obviously for us Marvel fans from the beginning that if it IS him... it's not some big reveal.  And for casual/MCU-only fans? If the big bad shows up and it's the devil? It will be a real WTF moment.

Also from a storytelling perspective, whomever the big bad is, if you wait this long to reveal it, it normally means it's someone KNOWN.  In other words, you don't wait and in the last episode reveal the villain to be.... TAH DAH! "this person no one has ever heard of".  There's no drama in that.  Thanos was such a great villain because they teased him for like 5 years. So even people who'd never heard of him, by the time he showed up for real, they had a sense of who and what he was.

They've dropped a ton of Mephisto hints so he wouldn't be much of a reveal, but whoever it is has to have more hints dropped because it can't be a sudden, un-hinted-at reveal.  This sounded so much like a case for the reveal to be Mephisto that I had to read it three times to figure out why an argument almost entirely geared towards the big bad being him somehow concluded with it not being him...but it didn't help, I'm still confused.  :insane:

Edited by fantastic_four

I feel like Pietro and Agnes were purposefully distracting Wanda so Vision could explore. Pietro took care of Wanda and Agnes appeared at the perimeter to kind of ensure Vision took a step outside (almost as if she and Pietro wanted him outta the picture now)

The who is obviously the big part. Mephisto seems too big at this point to truly be behind it. Maybe he’s a longer term project and two cronies are working for him in this show which seems to make more sense now. Who those cronies are will be interesting to see!

3 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I feel like Pietro and Agnes were purposefully distracting Wanda so Vision could explore. Pietro took care of Wanda and Agnes appeared at the perimeter to kind of ensure Vision took a step outside (almost as if she and Pietro wanted him outta the picture now)

The who is obviously the big part. Mephisto seems too big at this point to truly be behind it. Maybe he’s a longer term project and two cronies are working for him in this show which seems to make more sense now. Who those cronies are will be interesting to see!

So do you think Agnes was "acting" when she was in the car?  How could she possibly know that Vision would even find her?  Her state of mind seemed pretty genuine.

12 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

So do you think Agnes was "acting" when she was in the car?  How could she possibly know that Vision would even find her?  Her state of mind seemed pretty genuine.

Yea her being frozen like the rest surprised me since she showed signs of not being mind-controlled previously.

Anyone have ideas for why everyone near that edge of the hex was frozen?  Whatever was doing it did affect Agnes, but not Vision, which is strange.

16 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I do. Earlier she stopped Herb from telling Vision what was happening (end of episode 3 was it?) Now did she do that out of fear? Maybe. Maybe this was also her trying to escape but she kind of got stuck? 

I think she was there to make sure Vision went further and stepped out. I think she acted. Her and herb are more. And a couple other characters who are either in on the whole thing or have agendas all their own

43 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Interesting point. After all, in the first Avengers film, the face of the New York attack was Loki and the Chitauri, but the true threat pulling the strings was Thanos, who we didn't see until the end credits scene.

Either way, my money's on Mephisto at this point. Too much red themed stuff, too many Easter eggs, and the character's comics history with Wanda and her children. Plus, setting up Mephisto now could pay off down the MCU road with other projects, like the more horror themed stuff coming up like Blade and hopefully an MCU Ghost Rider.

As I said before, too, like Thanos, Mephisto is a major villain who is also a great crossover character and not truly tied to one character.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

One might think the frozen people were because Wanda's mind control has a limited range and they were outside of it, but they've shown her mind control affecting people from very long distances in the past.  In Age of Ultron her mind alteration of Hulk extended very far from wherever she's located.  That all suggests when she alters someone's mind it stays altered no matter where they are.

So the reason for everyone being frozen wherever Agnes was is bizarre.  I have no guess for what they were implying was happening.

29 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Yea her being frozen like the rest surprised me since she showed signs of not being mind-controlled previously.

Anyone have ideas for why everyone near that edge of the hex was frozen?  Whatever was doing it did affect Agnes, but not Vision, which is strange.

Vision has already said that Wanda can't control him the way she controls everyone else. Perhaps because he's not a human.

People freezing at the edge of the hex has a practical reason. It prevents them from leaving the hex as they get closer to the edge.

I also think it's not all Wanda, and that she is drawing power from another source, perhaps Mephisto's dimension (the same way the Ancient One drew on power from Dormammu's realm). Perhaps this doorway of power is at the heart of Westview, or the Hexagon, and maybe she, or whoever, has less complex control towards the edge, like making people think and move against their will.

The Hexagon is sort of established in the MCU as representative of wormhole travel (in GOTG and Captain Marvel), so I like the theory as the heart of the Hex being a doorway to a darker dimension upon which Wanda is drawing from to augment her powers to give birth to children and keep Vision alive. And I think the darker dimension is the realm of Mephisto.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

29 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Interesting point. After all, in the first Avengers film, the face of the New York attack was Loki and the Chitauri, but the true threat pulling the strings was Thanos, who we didn't see until the end credits scene.

Either way, my money's on Mephisto at this point. Too much red themed stuff, too many Easter eggs, and the character's comics history with Wanda and her children. Plus, setting up Mephisto now could pay off down the MCU road with other projects, like the more horror themed stuff coming up like Blade and hopefully an MCU Ghost Rider.

As I said before, too, Mephisto is a major villain who is also a great crossover character, not truly tied to one character, like Thanos.

I do think Mephisto is the next MCU villain but I think this series may only give us him talking or in the shadows or something. We will find out people were doing things for him but either fail or require him to step in at some point in a future film.

Edited by comicginger1789

15 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

No average Joe had heard of Thanos before his tease at the end of Avengers as the villain behind the curtain just like the average viewer has no idea who Mephisto is. If they tease Mephistos ulterior motives here, then he comes back in Multiverse of Madness, and then he shows back up for something darker like Blade or Ghost Rider they build up his character properly for a larger role. Certainly if the endgame, no pun intended, is to do something akin to Midnight Sons, now would be the time to start planting seeds. 

I think they'd run into trouble tieing the horror oriented characters like Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider to the other more "heroic" heroes like Captain Marvel, and Black Panther or the cosmic oriented Guardians, so if you take those spooky guys and give them their own big bad to build up to then you can have a reason why they're not involved in fighting Kang like the Avengers/Young Avengers will be going forward. 

Wasn't Mephisto the big bad in the first Ghost Rider movie?

Blackheart (Wes Bentley) turned out to be just a lackey / henchman for Mephisto (Peter Fonda).

All I really know is that this series has caused a bunch of comics to spike...first Grim Reaper, first Agatha Harkness, young avengers related books, first Chthon, Silver Surfer 3.

I will not be surprised if all but one (or even all) of those books get forgotten about in one months time once the truth is revealed.