• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The sassy best friend...

149522239_1323979341272072_7700000060000841710_o.jpg.8c041e42c6a77d6d628b84ceabb7e4ff.jpg

I'm counting on that. If 'Kick-Azz' made it into the show, pretty much anything else is possible. Though the show was on CBS and produced by WB Studios.

Well, since she posted it on social media...

WandaVision: Marvel Releases Jimmy Woo & Darcy Lewis Posters

"We Interrupt This Program" brought back two familiar MCU faces to serve as these real-world inhabitants: Astrophysics Doctor Darcy Lewis and FBI Agent Jimmy Woo. Lewis was last seen in 2013's Thor: The Dark World and Woo in 2018's Ant-Man and The Wasp.

Now, the two find themselves working together to save a town that's seemingly under Wanda's control.

As such, Marvel Studios has released two new posters to celebrate the return of these two characters to the MCU frontier...

DARCY LEWIS AND JIMMY WOO TAKE THE SPOTLIGHT
In a new tweet, Marvel Studios unveiled two new posters for WandaVision highlighting the return of two MCU characters: Darcy Lewis from the Thor franchise and Agent Jimmy Woo from the Ant-Man franchise. Darcy Lewis actress Kat Dennings coyly responded to the reveal with a simple eye emoji on Twitter:

Darcy-Lewis-WandaVision.jpg.2228ed0158c11d321757cae8a8f655fb.jpg

I wonder if this leads to her appearing in 'Multiverse of Madness'? hm

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm searching myself for some hints :roflmao:

Well.... I know we're all overanalyzing everything and those look like some kind of cryptic symbols on her chest (and maybe they are because with this show the devil is in the details), but..... to just simplify..... here's a question: What will the "theme" be for the next episode?  And how could Darcy fit into the theme.

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

Well.... I know we're all overanalyzing everything and those look like some kind of cryptic symbols on her chest (and maybe they are because with this show the devil is in the details), but..... to just simplify..... here's a question: What will the "theme" be for the next episode?  And how could Darcy fit into the theme.

Keep the teasing going, as I would rather it be a surprise. But in checking the promo...

But in researching this quickly, you had me find out how she got involved in the show. Which is cute.

New WandaVision Posters Feature Darcy Lewis and Jimmy Woo

Recently, Dennings was speaking to the Keep It podcast about WandaVision and revealed that the role of Darcy was originally supposed to be a couple of scenes, but her friendship with Natalie Portman (Jane Foster) inspired a bigger part.

"Because Natalie and I are already friends, I remember this exactly," Dennings shared. "I walk in the room and I'm very shy. I came in and I sat down and Natalie hadn't gotten there yet and everyone was so nice. Natalie came in and sat on my lap because we're friends. I think our friendship started to infect them [like] its purity and love. Slowly, Darcy became more involved, and I was like, 'Why are they adding me to scenes?'" She added, "If I am being honest, friendship magic is the reason I'm here today."

I didn't realize she is such good friends with Natalie Portman. 

• We haven't seen Dottie in a very long time.  She's the proverbial loaded gun from the first act that has to go off at some point, right?
  • Several of the characters seem to act as if Wanda has more control over the situation than our point of view would suggest.  Last week Agnes asked Wanda if she should re-take the scene.  This week Herb asks Wanda if there is anything she would like him to change.  Is there a Dark Wanda split personality somewhere behind the scenes or buried within the Wanda we see?
  • It would be odd if the WandaVision broadcasts and commercial interruptions were the work of our thus far unseen big bad, since these broadcasts are providing intelligence for the potential rescue by Darcy & team.  It would seem to make more sense that the broadcast is a call for help from within Westview, but if so, who would have the ability to pull this off under Wanda's radar?

Well now with those symbols I'm leaning into this one.

Spoiler

DEATHCRY

Deathcry.jpg.41ef6ec72eeabc076af677321eb3bcfd.jpg

The Shi'ar Majestrix Lilandra Neramani dispatched the mysterious young warrior woman to protect the Avengers, which were targeted by the Kree Admirial Galen-Kor and his highly acclaimed Lunatik Legion. The Kree sought to take revenge on the Avengers for their interference in the Kree-Shi'ar War. This interference tipped the tide of battle in the Shi'ar's favor leading them to emerge victorious in war. The young warrior was stripped of her true name due to the nature of her assignment. She would come to be known only as Deathcry. Later the young Deathcry journeyed to Earth, where she became an honorary member of the Avengers, aiding the group in fending off the Kree attack.

During her time with the Avengers, Deathcry revealed that she was once held captive by the extraterrestrial Rigellians, and was forced to work in their slave pits. She has proven that she is a highly trained Shi'ar warrior, with vast knowledge of the ways of the Kree military. Feeling that her mission had come to an end, Deathcry asked the Olympian, Hercules for his assistance in helping her to return to the Shi'ar Empire.

Deathcry's whereabouts and exploits were unknown for many years until she reemerged in Kree space after the events of the Annihilation Wave. She was captured and charged with the murder of seven Kree. The Kree Admiral Galen-Kor offered her an ultimatum in exchange for her release, she was assigned to a special mission, which was led by the Spartoi, Star-Lord. They were to destroy a Phalanx weapons plant based on a planet in Kree space. During the mission, Deathcry lost her life in a friendly fire accident. Deathcry became enraged with Captain Universe (Gabriel Vargas), when he killed her opponent in battle, causing her to fall into a dangerous berserker rage and lunged at the hero, who was inexperienced with his powers and she was presumably obliterated.

And X-Men related too. Along with Avengers involvement.

hm