• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

Only a few characters of worthy of lifting Mjolnir. Throughout the duration of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Norse MacGuffin has become a name known in households around the world as the go-to weapon for Thor Odinson (Chris Hemsworth). Though it's common knowledge the Asgardian is supposed to be the only character who can wield it — technically anyone that hammer deems worthy is able to reap its powers. To date, we've seen Hela (Cate Blanchett) hold it before smashing it to smithereens, and we've seen Captain America (Chris Evans) use it to lay the smackdown on Thanos (Josh Brolin).

Before either of those held the hammer in their hands, Vision (Paul Bettany) picked it up during Avengers: Age of Ultron, nonchalantly handing it to the God of Thunder as the Avengers readied themselves to fight Ultron (James Spader) once and for all. Though the moment has been glossed over in recent years, the reason why Vision was worthy-enough to wield Mjolnir may have just been revealed in WandaVision.

As teased in the show's marketing, Vision finally came face-to-face with the wall of WandaWorld on his quest to find out more information on what's going on outside of Westview. Finally breaking through the barrier in WandaVision Episode Six, Vision's body slowly started to crumble as we find out it's being held together solely by Wanda's (Elizabeth Olsen) magic powers contained within the town.

Even as his body is being ripped apart piece by piece, the Ultron-built android still had others at the forefront of his thoughts. As SWORD begin swarming his body to see what's happening, he called out for help — not for himself, but for those people trapped within Westview. The anomaly continued to shred him to pieces and even then, he was still looking out for the better of humanity — just as he promised to do back in Age of Ultron.

That's why Vision is worthy enough to wield Mjolnir.

The idea of who has re-created Vision is still bugging me.  None of the current cast of characters either shown or hypothesized should have the ability to re-create artificial intelligence, so how is it working?  I'm starting to think it'll be some generically glossed-over magic making it happen.  :eek:

On 2/14/2021 at 5:11 PM, gadzukes said:

I think Silver Surfer 3 might be the only comic with sustained growth (except for obvious ones like Avengers 57 & Xmen 4). Mephisto is deserving of his place in the MCU, and if he is not used now, Feige has seen how much buzz has been generated about him and will use him soon.

Yellow claw 1 .. Not that you can find that in a dollar box!  1st Jimmy woo!! I had no idea he basically pre-dated all the silver ahe marvel characters

In the rare case you haven't traversed Twitter in the past month, WandaVision has been the talk of the town. What's going on with the people in Westview? Why does SWORD want Vision's (Paul Bettany) body so bad? Most importantly — who's the big bad of the series? Six episodes in, the series has yet to unearth a puppetmaster behind WandaWorld, suggesting the Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) herself is behind everything, at least as of this writing. Now, one interesting fan theory suggests Ultron could have been in front of our faces the whole time, pulling the strings all along.

In a now-viral tweet shared last week, user @jayspatrol suggested Ultron is back — not in the traditional sense, no. Instead, the Age of Ultron baddie could be masquerading as someone else entirely. Perhaps, as a secondary antagonist on the series — you know, someone along the lines of acting SWORD director Tyler Hayward (Josh Stamberg).

Though it might be a little too bizarre on the surface level, there's a precedent for Ultron's human-like stature thanks to Disney XD's Avengers Assemble series. That's not even taking into account Ultron's intentions of building a human-like body in Age of Ultron.

The way the series has played out so far, the stars have aligned just perfectly for the theory. We now know Hayward himself is primarily after Vision's corpse instead of stopping Wanda, as he's been tracking Vision's vibranium energy signature all along.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I don't think Ultron will have anything to do with WandaVision,but what if an Ultron-bot snuck aboard Hulk's QuinJet in Age of Ultron, somehow was able to infect the far side of the universe during the last 5 years, and comes back with a vengeance in an Annihilation Conquest-like event?

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I don't think Ultron will have anything to do with WandaVision,but what if an Ultron-bot snuck aboard Hulk's QuinJet in Age of Ultron, somehow was able to infect the far side of the universe during the last 5 years, and comes back with a vengeance in an Annihilation Conquest-like event?

:whatthe: hm

That actually sounds like an interesting twist.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Maybe.  I'd love this as a way to explain how Vision was re-created, but if Ultron is on the outside trying to get in he didn't re-create Vision, and Vision wouldn't be limited to just existing within Westview, he'd be able to leave.  So if Heyward is Ultron I don't get why they'd bury one of the biggest Marvel bads around in such a minor role.