• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

All I really know is that this series has caused a bunch of comics to spike...first Grim Reaper, first Agatha Harkness, young avengers related books, first Chthon, Silver Surfer 3.

I will not be surprised if all but one (or even all) of those books get forgotten about in one months time once the truth is revealed.

Young Avengers characters are here to stay and I'm sure some of them will end up on the main team. YA1 CGC 9.8/6 is a long term investment keeper I say.

51 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

All I really know is that this series has caused a bunch of comics to spike...first Grim Reaper, first Agatha Harkness, young avengers related books, first Chthon, Silver Surfer 3.

I will not be surprised if all but one (or even all) of those books get forgotten about in one months time once the truth is revealed.

Exactly - and people seem to forget how little villain first appearance books matter 3 months after a film’s release.

Iron Man 55 may be a notable exception but even that’s been flat in GPA over the past two years. Basically  0% growth in CGC 8.0-9.8 since 2019.

37 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Exactly - and people seem to forget how little villain first appearance books matter 3 months after a film’s release.

Iron Man 55 may be a notable exception but even that’s been flat in GPA over the past two years. Basically  0% growth in CGC 8.0-9.8 since 2019.

Well and that was the legit bid baddie. I dunno if we will get that here at all. Think Malekith level villain in terms of yes they will pose a problem (and likely be better received than Malekith) but in the grand scheme of things I have a feeling a lot of the books selling because of the show will have been wasted money at $50-100 a book

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Also I see lotsa people trying to make sense of the whole Ellis Abe and Rolling Hill street signs (and to be fair we saw them for a while) but I want to go back to see if Agnes license plate made any sense to anything lol

Well it is odd that she has a Connecticut license plate when she supposedly grew up there in New Jersey hm

Edited by Cozmo-One
Typo

15 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

Well it is odd that she has a Connecticut license plate when she supposedly group up there in New Jersey hm

Interesting. Oversight or intentional? I do love the way this show makes ya think. Some stuff is Easter eggs, some is meant to throw us off and heck some is probably connections they never would have dreamt fans would make!

I read Agnes as genuine in her scene with Vision.  But she seemed to have 3 modes during that scene:

1. First, she was stuck / partially frozen when Vision found her.  "I took a wrong turn and got lost." Maybe alluding to her role in participating in the Westview scenario, and now she is lost in it?
  2. Then she is Woke Agnes, where she recognizes Vison as an Avenger, albeit a dead one.
  3. Finally back to her roleplay, as she drives away "okee dokey neighbor."

Pietro seems almost to be the voice of Wanda's conscious, questioning what she is doing in an attempt to break through and wake her up.

Where's Dottie? hm

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

Interesting. Oversight or intentional? I do love the way this show makes ya think. Some stuff is Easter eggs, some is meant to throw us off and heck some is probably connections they never would have dreamt fans would make!

Yeah, tough to know which is which, and I'm enjoying the ride. Will have to rewatch entire run once all episodes air.

Maybe I just have a bad memory or maybe it’s because this is the first major show linked to the MCU but I can’t remember the last time people were speculating so rampantly on a show/film. Usually you see 1-3 books that “get hot” but it seems like this show has spawned at least 10 books to get a significant price jump.

I also am starting to worry that the last episode may not leave us as satisfied as we would like. Cliffhanger and many unanswered questions are something I don’t want. I want some resolution and some answers....but you can leave enough mystery or intrigue to keep me excited to Dr Strange.

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Maybe I just have a bad memory or maybe it’s because this is the first major show linked to the MCU but I can’t remember the last time people were speculating so rampantly on a show/film. Usually you see 1-3 books that “get hot” but it seems like this show has spawned at least 10 books to get a significant price jump.

I also am starting to worry that the last episode may not leave us as satisfied as we would like. Cliffhanger and many unanswered questions are something I don’t want. I want some resolution and some answers....but you can leave enough mystery or intrigue to keep me excited to Dr Strange.

I think Silver Surfer 3 might be the only comic with sustained growth (except for obvious ones like Avengers 57 & Xmen 4). Mephisto is deserving of his place in the MCU, and if he is not used now, Feige has seen how much buzz has been generated about him and will use him soon.

7 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I agree. There are a LOT of unanswered questions from every episode. I think hinting/revealing the big baddie will happen, and it will lead right into DS2. But other than that, I have an "X-Files" vibe feeling where nothing is ever really going to be answered from any episode. 

5 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I think Silver Surfer 3 might be the only comic with sustained growth (except for obvious ones like Avengers 57 & Xmen 4). Mephisto is deserving of his place in the MCU, and if he is not used now, Feige has seen how much buzz has been generated about him and will use him soon.

Kevin Feige said a short while back that there's a particular character they've been wanting to use but couldn't figure out how to use him, but have finally figured it out. He could have been referring to Mephisto.

I take this more as everything is being speculated on right now.  Gamestop stock?  You bet!  Sports cards?  You know it!  Comics?  Absolutely!  Comic Cards?  Sure!  

Everyone is looking for things that will make them rich quickly.  And I'm sure a lot of these are being manipulated.  

Edited by thunsicker

44 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Kevin Feige said a short while back that there's a particular character they've been wanting to use but couldn't figure out how to use him, but have finally figured it out. He could have been referring to Mephisto.

Is Mephisto really that hard to work in though?

Either way, whether he appears or not, I think that book is one of best late Silver Age comics. Great villain, great cover, and I always enjoyed that Silver Surfer run of not for the artwork at least. Sadly I never picked up a copy when it was reasonably priced and now it’s in the realm of expensive....but I have my hopes that a collection I buy will contain one someday:)

27 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

My most recent collection that I bought had all of the Silver Surfers EXCEPT 3 & 4 and those are my favorite two.  :frustrated::pullhair:

At least ha got 1 and 14. Also the last issue is great and I’ve always had a fondness for issue 2. I dig that purpley background on it similarly seen on Captain Marvel 4 from the same timeframe 

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Is Mephisto really that hard to work in though?

Yes, for reasons explained earlier today--people would roll their eyes or outright try to ban the show if they see the Devil as the big bad.  If it's Mephisto it'll be very interesting to see how he looks and is portrayed.

Edited by fantastic_four

33 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Yes, for reasons explained earlier today--people would roll their eyes or outright try to ban the show if they see the Devil as the big bad.  If it's Mephisto it'll be very interesting to see how he looks and is portrayed.

If you treat Mephisto the same way you treat Asgardians, not as a god or deity from religion, but as just another being who lives in our universe or multiverse, then the character could be easier to accept. And then who plays Mephisto if it is him? Would it really be Evan Peters? I’m holding out hope that it’s really Pietro and not the devil in disguise.