• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I don't think Ultron will have anything to do with WandaVision,but what if an Ultron-bot snuck aboard Hulk's QuinJet in Age of Ultron, somehow was able to infect the far side of the universe during the last 5 years, and comes back with a vengeance in an Annihilation Conquest-like event?

The part of that hypothesis I've been assuming all along is that they didn't find all of the Ultron-bots.  There were just too many of them, so it's easy to explain in a future work that they missed one, or even a hundred.  They had NO idea how many there were, or where they were deployed to.

24 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The part of that hypothesis I've been assuming all along is that they didn't find all of the Ultron-bots.  There were just too many of them, so it's easy to explain in a future work that they missed one, or even a hundred.  They had NO idea how many there were, or where they were deployed to.

My assumption is that Vision was enough of a perfectionist that he was able to track down every last Ultron-bot on Earth. But again, if an Ultron-bot was aboard Hulk's jet, Vision would have missed that one.

8 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Is that supposed to be the same Jimmy Woo?

Definitely the same Woo. He joins Shield in Strange Tales #161 with a small Yellow Claw arc. After that he leads the retroactive 1950s Avengers that premiere in What If #9 that eventually make it into the main marvel universe as the Agents of Atlas. I bought a copy for my Agents of Atlas 1st appearance set (what a tough group to put together) and it wasn't a cheap book then. It actually surprises me this book hadn't hit Atlas Black Knight #1 levels. They're both equally good series, both art and story wise, they're from the same time period, and they're of similar length. I would even argue Yellow Claw #1 should be MORE expensive because it's a heroes first appearance and I see fewer copies come up, but I don't control the market. (shrug)

14 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

My assumption is that Vision was enough of a perfectionist that he was able to track down every last Ultron-bot on Earth. But again, if an Ultron-bot was aboard Hulk's jet, Vision would have missed that one.

Did he have some advanced way of sensing their presence anywhere on Earth?  I re-watched Age of Ultron last week and wondered that as he destroyed what he thought was the last bot, but I didn't notice any indication that he had that ability.

Either way you're right, a bot stowing away on the Quinjet with Hulk is also an out for an Ultron return.

Edited by fantastic_four

11 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Did he have some advanced way of sensing their presence anywhere on Earth?  I re-watched Age of Ultron last week and wondered that as he destroyed what he thought was the last bot, but I didn't notice any indication that he had that ability.

Either way you're right, a bot stowing away on the Quinjet with Hulk is also an out for an Ultron return.

Vision was actually fighting and supressing Ultron throughout the entire movie as JARVIS, so I imagine he was very attuned to Ultron's specific frequency or URL programming or whatever to track down every instance of Ultron's networked program, either in analog or digital form, on Earth.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Gonna play with the Ultron aboard Hulk's Quinjet theory for a moment. I assume Ultron knew Vision was tracking down his network at the end of AOU. If a disabled Ultron-bot was aboard the Quinjet, Hulk wouldn't have known if it was still active. What if the Ultron-bot was able to remotely commandeer the Quinjet and pilot it off world away from Vision's probe? In the cold of space, perhaps Hulk's innate survival ability kicked in and he went into a deep hibernation in outer space while Ultron piloted the Quinjet into a wormhole, maybe the Devil's Anus, to finally end up on Sakaar where Hulk woke up and Ultron was free to join with alien tech to create a new future threat?

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So with the Yo-Magic commercial it was covering what is happening with Vision - not Wanda. Scarlet Witch is the shark.  :whatthe:

I can't rule out either interpretation and I can't figure out how either mirrors the commercial's metaphor well.  If Wanda is the kid she's getting some "nourishment" (time with Vision) from Mephisto so I don't get him withering and dying.  If Wanda is the shark Vision is also getting his nourishment from her magic, so what's the equivalent with Vision of the kid not being able to open up the magic?  The island in the commercial is killing the kid, but with Vision it's the opposite, the hex is all that's keeping him alive.

I think I'm left not entirely understanding what that commercial means, but either interpretation leaves the apparent intent the same with Mephisto taunting Wanda's situation.

As Episode 7 approaches where I think the mystery really unravels, here's my final answer before my next final answer. Wanda is definitely a big part of what's going on, such as maintaining the Hexagon and mind controlling the residents of Westview, but is doing it to "help" these residents from a bigger presence whose origin is from the Multiverse. Wanda is augmenting her power with extra power sourced from this Multiverse connection, and is also using this power to somehow reform the Mind Stone which Wanda used to resurrect Vision and is also keeping Vision alive, whose body and mind remnants Wanda saved from SWORD who themselves obtained it from a fractured Wakanda government. The Hexagon is an energy portal to this mysterous section of the Multiverse.

This bigger presence from the Multiverse is doing this for Wanda's children for nefarious reasons and is fast tracking the incubating/birth/growth process in 10 year spurts, hence the fast growth of the twins and the reason for advancing each WandaVision episode by 10 years. The reason for the broadcast is so that this larger Multiverse presence can monitor the growth process. The reason why it's an analog broadcast is because a digital signal can't make it through the Multiverse portal, so someone from the other side is also watching WandaVision on an old TV. Wanda, who I think is actually being a kind of hero, is actually keeping the Hexagon from expanding. When the Hex expands in Episode 6 to save Vision, it was due to Wanda releasing a little control over the Hex's boundary.

The bigger Multiverse presence is Mephisto. My guess is the twins may be a way for this nefarious Multiverse being to travel to our world. Mephisto wasn't counting on twins, which may be key to his undoing. With the Time Stone gone, a power vacuum was created in our timeline making our world attractive to Multiversal beings like Mephisto or Dormammu.

Bonus answers: Agnes' mysterious husband Ralph is Woo's missing witness and is directly connected to this Multiverse presence. The two actors in the commercial are totally Wanda and Pietro's parents. Sparky was a robot, possibly a transmutated drone ( I don't think Marvel would allow a real dog to be harmed in the making of WandaVision). 

Missing a lot of other answers, but that's my final one before I come up with a new final answer Friday afternoon.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I can't rule out either interpretation and I can't figure out how either mirrors the commercial's metaphor well.  If Wanda is the kid she's getting some "nourishment" (time with Vision) from Mephisto so I don't get him withering and dying.  If Wanda is the shark Vision is also getting his nourishment from her magic, so what's the equivalent with Vision of the kid not being able to open up the magic?  The island in the commercial is killing the kid, but with Vision it's the opposite, the hex is all that's keeping him alive.

I think I'm left not entirely understanding what that commercial means, but either interpretation leaves the apparent intent the same with Mephisto taunting Wanda's situation.

My take was the shark is Mephisto the child is Wanda, and the yogurt is the Faustian bargain she struck to gain the power to bring Vision back. Yes she has the yogurt (Visions return) but she can't open it (leave the hex with him) so she's stuck not living in reality (the island) until she's either been drained of her life/power or whatever she traded it for (perhaps her children?)

I'm going to amend my above post and suggest that instead of Wanda rebuilding this universe's Mind Stone, the dark power that Wanda may be drawing from to augment her powers may actually be a Mind Stone from another universe, and perhaps the Multiversal being I think is Mephisto has made it accessible to Wanda for her purpose while really fulfilling his purpose, which I think is for her to have a child it can either control or possess or something, maybe a little like a demon possession ghost story, but with a MCU twist. That's my final answer.

45 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm going to amend my above post and suggest that instead of Wanda rebuilding this universe's Mind Stone, the dark power that Wanda may be drawing from to augment her powers may actually be a Mind Stone from another universe, and perhaps the Multiversal being I think is Mephisto has made it accessible to Wanda for her purpose while really fulfilling his purpose, which I think is for her to have a child it can either control or possess or something, maybe a little like a demon possession ghost story, but with a MCU twist. That's my final answer.

There you go.

Whatever the 'other' entity/bad guy is - perhaps they saw Wanda and viewed her child as a conduit to use to get to our universe... either by possession, power, whatever.

Perhaps the twin will complicate that.

If Mephisto is the entity - I wonder if we'll see a Master Pandemonium appearance of some kind?