• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I don't even get how people are hypothesizing Nightmare as the big bad for Multiverse of Madness.  Nightmare rules his own dimension within our universe and has no interest in the multiverse I've yet heard of.  The most multiverse-centric Strange villain I know of is Shuma-Gorath whose entire goal is to rule as many universes within the multiverse as he can.

The whole 'messing with her head' in the last episode feels very much about wanting to spook someone.

nightmare.png.e142a72e97c47c596292d8d5353f1bc7.png

Modern Age

When a young Peter Parker was fishing with his Uncle Ben, they were attacked by monsters. This was revealed to have been a nightmare. Later, as Peter had just begun to fall asleep again Nightmare appeared and decided to feast on the young boy's dreams, until Stan Lee knocked him out with a tennis racket to the head.[Sensational Spider-Man #1] Nightmare plagued the Hulk with hallucinations and nightmares for years.[Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #81]

So he feeds on these things, and not in a distant universe all the time. Oddly enough, I didn't realize he has a daughter, Dreamqueen .

Fathering Dreamqueen
Approximately 800 years ago, Nightmare raped the demoness Zilla Char, producing a daughter, Dreamqueen. Later, 350 years ago, Nightmare meddled with the Dreamqueen's schemes involving Native Americans.[Alpha Flight #67]

Dreamqueen_(Earth-616)_from_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_3_2_001.jpg.d7bb424852d423face31df848fc156cc.jpg

25 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

It's just those two little legs at the bottom of the symbols on Darcy's shirt that's off.  For those 'Agents of Shield' aficionados, was there anything in the Darkhold that might connect?

To me, those are just more of the same symbol being repeated, but cutoff on the image...

Edited by Callaway29

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Modern Age

When a young Peter Parker was fishing with his Uncle Ben, they were attacked by monsters. This was revealed to have been a nightmare. Later, as Peter had just begun to fall asleep again Nightmare appeared and decided to feast on the young boy's dreams, until Stan Lee knocked him out with a tennis racket to the head.[Sensational Spider-Man #1] Nightmare plagued the Hulk with hallucinations and nightmares for years.[Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #81]

So he feeds on these things, and not in a distant universe all the time.

There is absolutely no way this series ends with the entire thing having been a nightmare dream, and we've seen no evidence of shorter dreams to date.  Dreams typically focus on the dreamer, but we've seen plenty of scenes where Wanda isn't in them and the characters behave independently.

Well, yes, it could all be a dream--if they want every critic and fan to give them sheet from now until the end of time.  "It was all a dream" stories have been passé for well over half a century now.

Edited by fantastic_four

19 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

There is absolutely no way this series ends with the entire thing having been a nightmare dream, and we've seen no evidence of shorter dreams to date.  Dreams typically focus on the dreamer, but we've seen plenty of scenes where Wanda isn't in them and the characters behave independently.

Well, yes, it could all be a dream--if they want every critic and fan to give them sheet from now until the end of time.  "It was all a dream" stories have been passé for well over half a century now.

Go back and research the character. Nightmare can influence people in the real world without having to be there himself.

You are assuming it all is happening in a nightmare. He could be influencing Wanda through her nightmares and that is why when she wakes up everything shifts to new scenery.

I'll be here all day. Try the veal! :acclaim:

Edited by Bosco685

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Go back and research the character. Nightmare can influence people in the real world without having to be there himself.

You are assuming it all is happening in a nightmare. He could be influencing Wanda through her nightmares and that is why when she wakes up everything shifts to new scenery.

I'll be here all day. Try the veal! :acclaim:

Never linked the theory with the daily changes...could be linked to her sleep (cough cough dream/nightmare) pattern!

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

He could be influencing Wanda through her nightmares and that is why when she wakes up everything shifts to new scenery.

When did they show her waking up--are you referring to the scene where she left the hex, threatened Heyward, then re-entered the hex?

11 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

When did they show her waking up--are you referring to the scene where she left the hex, threatened Heyward, then re-entered the hex?

I wouldn't twist and flop over needing to see Wanda going to bed and waking up. Though there were early scenes of them going to bed and then coming out to their new home.

58 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Darcy is the Ring Leader of the circus. That seems clear from what that costume looks like. That and you mentioned you were a clown and were filming with Kat Dennings. I'm picturing the outfit looks sort of like a cross between Wanda and Visions magician costumes? Top hat, tail coat, pants/tights?

So basically she's Zatanna now?

7 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

They stoked the fire with some eastersggs, but now I almost think we are just trolling ourselves

It's fine as if anything we are talking about comic book history, and don't need to hit paydirt every time. Better that we are having a fun conversation about what we love.

Now if people are taking it so personal it becomes inflamed, that's different. I don't think we are there.

29 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

So basically she's Zatanna now?

I kid you not, my first draft said exactly that, I had written that her costume would look...Zatanna-ish. Though from the teaser image her coat is buttoned, not open revealing a button down shirt, but regardless that is in fact where I will place my bets for next Friday. (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

I kid you not, my first draft said exactly that, I had written that her costume would look...Zatanna-ish. Though from the teaser image her coat is buttoned, not open revealing a button down shirt, but regardless that is in fact where I will place my bets for next Friday. (thumbsu

hm Hmmmm..... For a price I could confirm or deny your theory.