• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

They tried to offer me declare value in CGC credit. I said no. That is so disrespectful. I put my time and effort to find those books in those grades and they want to offer CGC credit? I'm pissed. 

You should tell them you want a check, not credit.  

20 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Probably not the best idea to claim you "have better eyes" than veteran boardies or accuse others of "not getting laid" (regardless of whether or not they're a controversial poster)...

There are no "controversial posters." There are only posters. No one needs to be labeled, regardless of who, regardless of why.

16 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

The last Eternals #1 I sent in got an 9.8 so as my Batman #357 which I sent both in for possible 9.8s so my eyes for books are probably better than you. No offense. Don't mind the Eternals #3 I sent that one in just to see how CGC grade foxing. When I say my books are possible 9.8s I mean it. I'm not fake like some people here. 

Screenshot (3).png

Clearly you’re not here to make friends

Edited by thehumantorch

56 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

You should tell them you want a check, not credit.  

I don't even want a check. I just want my books. The fact that he offered me $810 in credit is just disrespectful. It's like I put in all the time and effort to find those books just to get CGC grading credit. 

13 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

People disrespect here to much so I do the same. I only react. If you are respectful I will be respectful. I don't care if you are here for 100 years. Be respectful and you will get the same. Be disrespectful and you will get the same. And who said I was looking for support? I started this thread to connect with people who are going through the same situation but people go off topic and start accusing me and saying other things that have nothing to do with this thread. BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS. 

:idea: :roflmao:

9 minutes ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

I don't even want a check. I just want my books. The fact that he offered me $810 in credit is just disrespectful. It's like I put in all the time and effort to find those books just to get CGC grading credit. 

When you said no to the credit, did you propose an alternative resolution? Or are you just holding out for your books? Assuming it persists, you'll have to throw in the towel sooner or later...

19 hours ago, aszumilo said:

Media Mail has the possibility of being inspected.  Do you really think the USPS people are going to treat your books with any semblance of care if it does get opened for inspection?

I once sent a nice boxful of books to a friend of mine via Media Mail. Long story short: The box arrived empty with no explanation of what happened to the contents. I never received compensation, either. I'll never make that mistake again...:flamed:

12 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Is it Friday already?

I'm surprised that they allegedly offered him a settlement already considering the box that went missing for us had way more expensive books and it took a month to be delivered found. :sumo:

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

I think you're controversial.

Suck on those apples.

That's fabulous. Allowing yourself to be influenced into believing there are such things as "controversial posters" is unwise. When you label others, you create (or increase) the impression that certain people are "fair game" for targeting. If someone went around saying "TwoPiece is a contentious poster, so take what he says with a grain of salt" would you appreciate being labeled like that...? 

There are no such things as "controversial posters." Nor are there "contentious posters." Nor are there "problem posters" There are simply posters, some of whom you get along with, some of whom you don't, some of whom you think are brilliant, some of whom you think are controversial. But that is merely your opinion, and regardless of how many other people share (or seem to share) your opinion, it is immoral to attempt to influence others to also have a negative opinion about someone just because you do, whether you're the newest of newbs, or you're (especially) a person in authority. 

You want to call out specific behavior? Go for it. But save the labels for your leftovers.

21 minutes ago, greggy said:

I'm surprised that they allegedly offered him a settlement already considering the box that went missing for us had way more expensive books and it took a month to be delivered found. :sumo:

I was patient and was a day or two away from putting in a claim for the contents of that box. Would have been close to $23,000.00 if they were not found. Fortunately they were and, in the end, everyone was happy. 

3 minutes ago, joeypost said:
27 minutes ago, greggy said:

I was patient and was a day or two away from putting in a claim for the contents of that box. Would have been close to $23,000.00 if they were not found. Fortunately they were and, in the end, everyone was happy. 

:foryou: ya glad that worked out! I would've had a hard time,  but you were very patient!

21 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I once sent a nice boxful of books to a friend of mine via Media Mail. Long story short: The box arrived empty with no explanation of what happened to the contents. I never received compensation, either. I'll never make that mistake again...:flamed:

If USPS rejects packages they inspect and find comics in, isn't paying for insurance on media mail for comics basically just throwing your money away?  I wonder if ANYONE has ever gotten reimbursed on a claim for comic books sent fully insured via media mail.  I'd be surprised if they didn't just deny the claim due to item ineligible for media mail. 

I've received dozens of media mail packages and have only had 1 show up inspected but all contents were ok and safely repacked in the cardboard mailer.  The seller had been charged additional postage via ebay.

For me, media mail is good for anything I'm ok with losing or reimbursing out of pocket for up to $50.  Anything more and it's Priority Mail fully insured between $50 and $200.  Priority Mail fully insured with Sig conf between $200 and $5000.  Anything above $5k and it's registered mail with recipient signature required.

The fear of some folks that handle the media mail packages anywhere along the last mile to CGC's address could use the controversy of comic books not qualifying as media mail to game the system is what prevents me from sending anything to CGC via media mail.  Who would question a postal employee inspecting a media mail package destined for a certain known Sarasota address, pulling out the contents to inspect, and then stuffing in a bunch of packaging minus the good key books, resealing, and allowing it to proceed to its delivery.  Perhaps only the postal manager can do inspections and perhaps they have cameras monitoring all inspections.  Still, I wonder...

18 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

The last Eternals #1 I sent in got an 9.8 so as my Batman #357 which I sent both in for possible 9.8s so my eyes for books are probably better than you. No offense. Don't mind the Eternals #3 I sent that one in just to see how CGC grade foxing. When I say my books are possible 9.8s I mean it. I'm not fake like some people here. 

Screenshot (3).png

With those grading skills, you should try your hand at one of our grading contests here on the boards.

4 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

They tried to offer me declare value in CGC credit. I said no. That is so disrespectful. I put my time and effort to find those books in those grades and they want to offer CGC credit? I'm pissed. 

damn, does that mean they confirmed the books were lost? sorry to hear it

4 minutes ago, Pokecollectoramy said:

damn, does that mean they confirmed the books were lost? sorry to hear it

I guess so. When I call they said they are working on last week's shipment. They are cutting me a check for the declared value which is ridiculous. If they find the package between now and by the time they cut me a check I will cancel the check and take my books back. 

Edited by It'sOnlyRight