• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Transplant said:

But to what end?  So dealer subs are treated differently than individuals?  If they've been picked up by CGC, I would imagine they would get mixed together and defeat any ability to look in one pile or the other for "lost" boxes. 

I’m not implying that dealers get any preferential treatment in any way but just as a matter of trying to begin to get a handle of a situation that appears to be causing lots of grief at this point. Currently I have books sitting at the post office box “available for pick up” since 4/1/19, so books are piling up at Cgc, and piling up at the Usps. At this point I have an ugly visual in my head of a massive mound of boxes with no sense of order in which they are treated at both Cgc and at the PO Box. Something needs to be done to facilitate this/these bottle necks. As for people following up on their books and getting inadequate answers, well it only leads me to wondering how can it be better, how can it run more efficiently and timely. There is no way to to detour orders other than dealers one way and individuals another and yes you are right, they do eventually end up back intermingled but at least at that time they are logged into the system and owners can see that. It’s the time between the arrival at the PO Box up until the books are on the dashboard and this can be weeks. I was just thinking of a suggestion that my be helpful. So what do you suggest? What’s your solution? Anything? Love to hear it.

2 hours ago, Casablanca said:

My submission received 3/28, schedule for grading 4/2. 21 books 1 modern, rest GA Universal, standard.

I know this doesn't help you. Waiting till friday, seems prudent. But these are your books!, IDGAF what the perception would be of me, i would call them and  reiterate your concern. You have (will) paid submission fees and no one can criticize you for that. You are not asking for something free.

My feeling is it will show up and i'm sure you have double checked the address sent,who signed for it, etc.

Thank you for understanding and I'm happy your submission went through. But I'll just wait out. They can't keep me waiting more than a month. It have to come to some kind of conclusion. 

4 minutes ago, greggy said:

Yeah, it's between your midget legs. 

They make your Richard look bigger so it’s a win win for both of us 

Edited by jsilverjanet

15 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I’m not implying that dealers get any preferential treatment in any way but just as a matter of trying to begin to get a handle of a situation that appears to be causing lots of grief at this point. Currently I have books sitting at the post office box “available for pick up” since 4/1/19, so books are piling up at Cgc, and piling up at the Usps. At this point I have an ugly visual in my head of a massive mound of boxes with no sense of order in which they are treated at both Cgc and at the PO Box. Something needs to be done to facilitate this/these bottle necks. As for people following up on their books and getting inadequate answers, well it only leads me to wondering how can it be better, how can it run more efficiently and timely. There is no way to to detour orders other than dealers one way and individuals another and yes you are right, they do eventually end up back intermingled but at least at that time they are logged into the system and owners can see that. It’s the time between the arrival at the PO Box up until the books are on the dashboard and this can be weeks. I was just thinking of a suggestion that my be helpful. So what do you suggest? What’s your solution? Anything? Love to hear it.

I 100% agree. It is worrisome that so early in the con season, people aren't even getting books to go from delivered to received/verified.  The pessimist would see this as a BS way to skirt TATs.  The optimist would see this as complete breakdown in the front end of the process.  Both flavors have to be concerned with a reoccurring lack of communication. 

13 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

I have no idea what you're trying to say. If you are defensive against people having issues with CGC then keep it to yourself. There are other people having issues with their submissions who wants to connect with people that are going through the same. 

Oh, i'm completely sympathetic to your plight here.  I've been in similar situations where my submissions have been out of my hands for 8+ months, and yeah, you start to worry.  After all, these are your prized possessions and who here, but those in this forum would better understand how that must feel.  I think most of us have probably endured similar time frames that felt needlessly long, but you came in hot with the click bait title/accusation.

How do you know the package wasn't mis-delivered to a different corporate PO Box?  Did you start a conversation with the USPS titled "USPS lost my package?"  /s

11 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

My thing is, CGC has been in business for how long?  20+ years?  They've dealt with numerous con seasons.  One would expect they would have determined a more efficient method of handling books.

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:

Oh, i'm completely sympathetic to your plight here.  I've been in similar situations where my submissions have been out of my hands for 8+ months, and yeah, you start to worry.  After all, these are your prized possessions and who here, but those in this forum would better understand how that must feel.  I think most of us have probably endured similar time frames that felt needlessly long, but you came in hot with the click bait title/accusation.

How do you know the package wasn't mis-delivered to a different corporate PO Box?  Did you start a conversation with the USPS titled "USPS lost my package?"  /s

My thing is, CGC has been in business for how long?  20+ years?  They've dealt with numerous con seasons.  One would expect they would have determined a more efficient method of handling books.

I talked to USPS they told they don't release signature package until names are match. 

19 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

20190403_095236.jpg

39 minutes ago, Transplant said:

I 100% agree. It is worrisome that so early in the con season, people aren't even getting books to go from delivered to received/verified.  The pessimist would see this as a BS way to skirt TATs.  The optimist would see this as complete breakdown in the front end of the process.  Both flavors have to be concerned with a reoccurring lack of communication. 

It was suggested to me on the phone by customer service that I should not even bother to pay to fast track modern books. This was after my fast track order sat in limbo for a week. I paid for fast track, a waste of money.

49 minutes ago, Transplant said:

I confirmed last year when speaking to someone at CGC on the phone that receive the books but are not entered into the system right away to be closer to their TATs

this is what I was told - if it’s true or not or there’s another reason for the delay in entering the books and us being able to view that - is another story 

Just now, TwoPiece said:

There's no evidence that they lost anything.

It's still misleading.

Unless you think "in the mix of a million other boxes and isn't directly accessible ATM" as lost.

I would disagree with your definition of lost, in that case.

Somebody can't read the question mark at the end of the sentence. Even a 3 year old can read the question mark lol

34 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

It was suggested to me on the phone by customer service that I should not even bother to pay to fast track modern books. This was after my fast track order sat in limbo for a week. I paid for fast track, a waste of money.

You go slow and I’ll go fast 

works for me

3 minutes ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

Somebody can't read the question mark at the end of the sentence. Even a 3 year old can read the question mark lol

You didn't pose a proper question. That's why a 3-year old understands it.

It's a misleading title. I didn't say that the misleading title isn't a question.

Edited by TwoPiece

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

You didn't pose a proper question. That's why a 3-year old understands it.

It's a misleading title. I didn't say that the misleading title isn't a question.

I'm glad my title gets to you because people like you deserves it. Nitpicking every little thing. How one lives his life that way is unfortunate. At least now I know there are others who you harass because you're not satisfied with their tread title lol 

I just wish I can block people here.

Edited by It'sOnlyRight

Just now, It'sOnlyRight said:

I'm glad my title gets to you because people like you deserves it. Nitpicking every little thing. How one lives his life that way is unfortunate. At least now I know there are others who you harass because you're not satisfied with their tread title lol 

I just wish I can block people here.

1. You don't know me. I would suggest not making such a pretentious assumption.

2. You can.