• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, nyanmaung said:

Did yours ever showed up? 

They did, but I already reported that information earlier in the thread.

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol Good? or Bad? haha

I wouldn't know how to change it back, I'd have to do google search and try my hand......

It’s not bad, but I liked the old one better...

18 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

They did, but I already reported that information earlier in the thread.

It’s not bad, but I liked the old one better...

That is kind of crazy. I am thinking of filing for claim at their local distract office if I don't get any answer by Friday. Really a bad experience for me. Probably won't use CGC anymore after this. Keep my books raw rather than have to go through this again. 

On 3/28/2019 at 5:58 AM, Rhymenoceros said:

I had books delivered there on Monday. Usually I've gone to verified next day but I'm sure with con season just starting up stuff is pretty backed up. Trying to be patient as well :juggle:

It's also been probably a year ish since my last sub. Sounds like the flow has maybe changed a bit. 

Did your submission ever showed up?

17 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

I think CGC should consider adding another PO Box for dealers. Start separating orders before they get there.

Why?

2 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Just showed up. Went straight to Scheduled for grading.  25 books, modern, standard track.  

One thing I just thought of, OP - did you remember to put the packing slip in?  That could cause delays or issues.  

Yeah I did. This is my 7th submission so I'm good with submitting my orders now

Just now, Rhymenoceros said:

Just showed up. Went straight to Scheduled for grading.  25 books, modern, standard track.  

One thing I just thought of, OP - did you remember to put the packing slip in?  That could cause delays or issues.  

It's funny you mention that.

My first submission, I was really worried about properly packing the books. I meticulously packed up the books in cardboard and bubble wrap, careful to keep tape away from anything. Then I taped up the whole box. I was feeling pretty good about it, until I saw the packing slip still sitting on the table next to me! 

7 hours ago, Transplant said:

Why?

Why not? Another PO Box is an insignificant cost of doing business. Both dealers as well as individual submitters at times such as here have a need to question the whereabouts of a delivered order that’s not yet in the system. Having separate PO Boxes would cut down search time. Not a cure all but definitely a step in the right direction. 

Edited by Junkdrawer

6 minutes ago, D84 said:

You heard back from CGC yet?  My order was delivered on the 28th and showed up on my dashboard today.

Nope not yet. If I don't get any answer by Friday. I will file a small claim at their local public law office. 3 weeks with no answer is kind of crazy. Especially when I hear packages that were delivered after mine are already barcoded into the system already. Most likely this is the last time I do business with CGC. 

On 3/28/2019 at 9:15 AM, TwoPiece said:

99.99% likely another "one and done" complaining topic poster. Bye.

See these things way too much.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:14 PM, It'sOnlyRight said:

Probably won't use CGC anymore after this. Keep my books raw rather than have to go through this again. 

@TwoPiece I might need you to pick some lotto numbers for me in the near future depending on how this thread plays out.  :flipbait:

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

@TwoPiece I might need you to pick some lotto numbers for me in the near future depending on how this thread plays out.  :flipbait:

I have no idea what you're trying to say. If you are defensive against people having issues with CGC then keep it to yourself. There are other people having issues with their submissions who wants to connect with people that are going through the same. 

Edited by It'sOnlyRight

57 minutes ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

I have no idea what you're trying to say. If you are defensive against people having issues with CGC then keep it to yourself. There are other people having issues with their submissions who wants to connect with people that are going through the same. 

You need to call them. When did you last call.?

4 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

You need to call them. When did you last call.?

I did. I spoke to Kevin. He just said he will let me know when he get an update. I will stay patient until Friday before I call him again. I don't like calling everyday. It makes me look like a fool 

13 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

Nope not yet. If I don't get any answer by Friday. I will file a small claim at their local public law office. 3 weeks with no answer is kind of crazy. Especially when I hear packages that were delivered after mine are already barcoded into the system already. Most likely this is the last time I do business with CGC. 

Sounds like no sweat to them. Excessive overreaction.

10 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

I did. I spoke to Kevin. He just said he will let me know when he get an update. I will stay patient until Friday before I call him again. I don't like calling everyday. It makes me look like a fool 

My submission received 3/28, schedule for grading 4/2. 21 books 1 modern, rest GA Universal, standard.

I know this doesn't help you. Waiting till friday, seems prudent. But these are your books!, IDGAF what the perception would be of me, i would call them and  reiterate your concern. You have (will) paid submission fees and no one can criticize you for that. You are not asking for something free.

My feeling is it will show up and i'm sure you have double checked the address sent,who signed for it, etc.

18 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Why not? Another PO Box is an insignificant cost of doing business. Both dealers as well as individual submitters at times such as here have a need to question the whereabouts of a delivered order that’s not yet in the system. Having separate PO Boxes would cut down search time. Not a cure all but definitely a step in the right direction. 

But to what end?  So dealer subs are treated differently than individuals?  If they've been picked up by CGC, I would imagine they would get mixed together and defeat any ability to look in one pile or the other for "lost" boxes.