• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New EGS, Expert Grading Service??
3 3

138 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2022 at 2:26 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Yeah, I agree with you.  The sample size on CGC is enormous, and the QC thread is highlighting a relatively tiny percentage of that sample.  That's not to say there aren't serious problems on some of those books, but again -- very small percentage of the overall volume.

Those are the books of people who participate on this forum.  They are not the only people who get poor quality product from CGC.

In fact, I'd say most people who use CGC do not participate on the forum.  

Don't let that thread fool you into thinking only a "tiny percent" of customers get bad product.

On 2/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, Junkdrawer said:

If the slabs can be opened then what’s to stop someone from putting a lower grade book in its place. Fools and their money. I don’t feel bad. :banana:

The security sticker is what tells you the case has been opened.

On 2/8/2022 at 7:32 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Those are the books of people who participate on this forum.  They are not the only people who get poor quality product from CGC.

Don't let that thread fool you into thinking only a "tiny percent" of customers get bad product.

I'm not interested in getting into a debate on this.  All I can say is, I've submitted over a thousand books and thankfully have not seen any of my books come back damaged.  I certainly believe the accounts of the people on that other thread, but I also know it's a self-selecting group and that the many people who have not had any problems aren't going to spend time posting about that.

On 2/8/2022 at 7:52 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I'm not interested in getting into a debate on this.  All I can say is, I've submitted over a thousand books and thankfully have not seen any of my books come back damaged.  I certainly believe the accounts of the people on that other thread, but I also know it's a self-selecting group and that the many people who have not had any problems aren't going to spend time posting about that.

I agree with everything you said.

I also agree with it every time it gets said on every CGC=bad QC thread that gets posted on every comic-related forum that I happen to visit.

I would agree with it on all the forums I don't visit also, where these CGC=bad QC threads undoubtedly exist.

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 2/8/2022 at 6:32 PM, Sigur Ros said:

And don't let it fool you into thinking a large percent get bad product. None of us really know.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:55 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well his plan, that I should have mentioned in the post, was to trade off for cgc slabs after buying halo. 

890512759_whatthefuck!.gif.35c2dc1b9f04306b038eef1fc86305fe.gif

On 2/8/2022 at 10:16 PM, Lord Gemini said:

And don't let it fool you into thinking a large percent get bad product. None of us really know.

I'm not being fooled.  The percentage is of no interest to me. 

A lot of people get bad product.  We see it all the time.

On 2/10/2022 at 6:18 PM, Sigur Ros said:

I'm not being fooled.  The percentage is of no interest to me. 

A lot of people get bad product.  We see it all the time.

"Don't let that thread fool you into thinking only a "tiny percent" of customers get bad product."

Seems that the percentage does indeed seem important to you.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:06 PM, Lord Gemini said:

"Don't let that thread fool you into thinking only a "tiny percent" of customers get bad product."

Seems that the percentage does indeed seem important to you.

I was quoting the guy who made percentage the focus.  Surely you grasp that.

C'mon genius. 

Have a lot of people received bad product from CGC...Yes or no?

Hint: the answer is yes. 

On 2/11/2022 at 8:21 AM, Sigur Ros said:

I was quoting the guy who made percentage the focus.  Surely you grasp that.

C'mon genius. 

Have a lot of people received bad product from CGC...Yes or no?

Hint: the answer is yes. 

Such is the case with any business. All that matters is the percentage.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:30 AM, Lord Gemini said:

To you.

To me, I submitted my last 50 books to CBCS because of how often I see complaints/videos/IG posts about bad grades, wrong labels, damaged cases, etc.

Again proving I don't care about the percentage.  I care about the immense quantity and low quality care by the company.  

On 2/11/2022 at 10:30 AM, Lord Gemini said:

When it comes to vintage paper collectibles that you’re company is founded on preserving, the percentage needs to be very close to zero.  It’s not just any business.   

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 2/11/2022 at 5:23 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

When it comes to vintage paper collectibles that you’re company is founded on preserving, the percentage needs to be very close to zero.  It’s not just any business.   

True. I’m not saying I’m not shocked and a bit discouraged by many of the mistakes that have slipped past QC. I am.

Edited by Lord Gemini

On 2/11/2022 at 6:34 PM, Lord Gemini said:

True. I’m not saying I’m not shocked and a bit discouraged by many of the mistakes that have slipped past QC. I am.

So we've found the one person who is shocked.

On 2/11/2022 at 6:34 PM, Lord Gemini said:

The TATs make label errors extra annoying, but at least the books themselves aren’t impacted.  When a company starts damaging the comics themselves, it needs to do what it takes to solve that issue immediately. 

Got my first EGS slab today and immediately cracked it out because the Newton rings were so bad. Was not pleased to find that the Crow 1 first print I thought I bought, since the EGS label indicated as such, was actually a mislabeled second print. I will be avoiding EGS moving forward.