• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2023 at 6:43 PM, drotto said:

If if was over soft new snow the give likely saved his leg, and his life.

On 1/5/2023 at 6:45 PM, Bosco685 said:

Exactly what I thought. The snow had enough give he sunk into it.

You guys believe JR would have sunk into the soft snow but that gigantic snow plow wouldn't have? I think that any soft snow would have been rock hard after that plow compacted it, due to its weight alone. Same thing happens every time the average snow plows pass through my street & JR's is built like a tank!!! It just seems hard to believe. It's definitely a miracle if soft snow is what saved his life from that plow.

On 1/5/2023 at 7:03 PM, chezmtghut said:

You guys believe JR would have sunk into the soft snow but that gigantic snow plow wouldn't have? I think that any soft snow would have been rock hard after that plow compacted it, due to its weight alone. Same thing happens every time the average snow plows pass through my street & JR's is built like a tank!!! It just seems hard to believe. It's definitely a miracle if soft snow is what saved his life from that plow.

I agree in looking at that massive snowplow. It appears like it could smash through small buildings.

jeremy-renner-snowplow-accident_04.thumb.jpg.60fce22ec7f0f25cf9375ad3e0b26347.jpg

But I've also lived in Alaska and Colorado where you get overwhelmed with heavy snow storms. It can fool you at times what parts may allow just enough for your car to dip down into a deep pile (or not). I've had my share of surprises.

It may have been to his benefit those treads are so wide. It may have come up on some large rocks that also helped keep it from crushing him completely. The news said it weighs 14K pounds.

I’m interested to see how this accident unfolded. Something prompted him to get out of the cab and was it towards the front side of the snowcat or the rear? Was he parked on a slope and the machine rolled or slid into him or was someone else operating it while he was outside trying to deal with a stuck vehicle? The dude is very lucky to be alive. 

On 1/5/2023 at 5:30 PM, chezmtghut said:

Apparently this is JR's snow plow. If that thing ran over his leg(s), I'm surprised he still has all of his limbs.

Jeremy Renner was 'run over' by 14,330-pound snowplow, says ...

This makes me think of Anton Yelchin's accident & tragic death when he got out of his car and ended up being crushed by it.  I wonder if it is a similar circumstance or if someone else was driving the snowplow?

On 1/6/2023 at 2:23 PM, gadzukes said:

This makes me think of Anton Yelchin's accident & tragic death when he got out of his car and ended up being crushed by it.  I wonder if it is a similar circumstance or if someone else was driving the snowplow?

In a civil suit, Anton Yelchin's accident was judged a wrongful death on Chrysler's part because that year's Jeep apparently had a confusing gear shift selector, and Jeeps rolling away had happened to many owners of that model. I wonder if, in the semi-frantic situation of helping out a stranded person, Renner simply forgot to put his snowplow in park?

On 1/6/2023 at 2:57 PM, bentbryan said:

So apparently the snowcat he has is an older model. He was out of the machine and it started to roll away with no one inside. Tried to jump in and didn’t make it and got partially run over.  

Yup. That was what I read.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news & don’t know how legit it is, but the latest info I read was that JR’s leg bones were shattered (which only makes sense given the weight of the plow) & his leg will likely be amputated. Unfortunately, I think this is the reality of his situation. I suppose with his financial resources, it’s possible to consider all alternatives like 3D bone printing to try & prevent amputation. I don’t know how functional the leg would ever be though & I doubt they will be able to reconstruct his shattered bones. It sounds like only one leg was impacted (thank God) & although there’s no mention of his foot, those bones were likely shattered as well.

On 1/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, chezmtghut said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news & don’t know how legit it is, but the latest info I read was that JR’s leg bones were shattered (which only makes sense given the weight of the plow) & his leg will likely be amputated. Unfortunately, I think this is the reality of his situation. I suppose with his financial resources, it’s possible to consider all alternatives like 3D bone printing to try & prevent amputation. I don’t know how functional the leg would ever be though & I doubt they will be able to reconstruct his shattered bones. It sounds like only one leg was impacted (thank God) & although there’s no mention of his foot, those bones were likely shattered as well.

I’ve read this in few places as well. I can’t even imagine losing a leg. What a horrendous ordeal for him and his family.  

On 1/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, chezmtghut said:

On 1/14/2023 at 4:05 PM, bentbryan said:

I’ve read this in few places as well. I can’t even imagine losing a leg. What a horrendous ordeal for him and his family.  

All the sites quoting the potential loss of a leg point to this source.

RADAR: ‘Serious Doubts’: Jeremy Renner’s Friends Fear Snowplowing Accident Will Leave Actor Crippled For Life, Sources Claim

Avengers star Jeremy Renner’s horrendous leg injury from a snowplow accident in Nevada has friends and family fearing the screen stud will be crippled for life, RadarOnline.com has learned.

“Jeremy’s already had two delicate surgeries. But there are serious doubts he will ever be able to walk right again — or at all,” said a source close to the situation. “His loved ones worry the damage was significant enough to prevent him from moving the way he used to — that is, if he doesn’t lose the leg altogether.”

Florida-based Dr. Gabe Mirkin told an outlet that the action movie star may need surgically implanted rods to help his legs heal — but warned that Renner could be forced to endure an amputation and use an artificial appendage!

The doctor, who did not treat Renner, noted, “Blunt chest trauma means he could have cracked his ribs. There could be heart damage.”

Not sure how factual it is. But from his videos Renner is in rough shape still.

I could have lost my leg back in 2010 & had to undergo a Fasciotomy due to internal bleeding. When there’s lack of oxygen, the tissue starts dying off. They had to open both sides of my leg from knee to ankle in order to alleviate pressure. My leg was swollen for years & I needed heavy sedatives for the pain.

I’m sure the ultimate conclusion of this incident is being held back for JR’s sanity, but he’s probably coming to terms with the reality at this point. He will likely spend extensive amounts of money to try & save his leg, but I honestly think it will be futile unfortunately. I hope I’m wrong though & that his wealth combined with modern tech can make the difference.

Speaking from my own experience, I was doubtful from the start. At least he would have lost it playing an Avenger in the most important role of his life, protecting family. 

Edited by chezmtghut

Everyone should check their parking brakes. Last Spring I stopped my car on my fairly steep driveway and my granddaughter managed to unhook her car seat restraint and jumped out of the back. I was afraid she'd run behind the car, so I quickly  put the car in park, slammed the parking brake on but didn't turn off the car and jumped out of the car to grab her..

She was fine, but when I leaned in and turned the car off, it started rolling backwards.. I'm no Jeremy Renner, but I tried to get into the car, it happened so fast that   the door hit me and knocked me over.  I honestly thought that was the end, but I wound up luckily just being very black and blue and bruised etc.  I was very very lucky.

When my husband took the car off my neighbor's lawn (across the st.) the parking brake was still on.

The repair people told him that parking brakes need to be checked periodically, that it was only working at 10%.

So...please check your parking brakes. 

I really hope he has as full a recovery as possible. I feel very sorry for him.

Jeremy Renner was trying to prevent his adult nephew from being hit when he was run over by his 14,330 pound snowplow on New Year's Day.

According to the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office incident report, filed Friday and published Wednesday by CNN, the Mayor of Kingstown and The Avengers actor, 52, used the snowcat to tow his nephew's truck out of snow at his Reno, Nev., property to the main street. After, the plow started sliding sideways down a hill, so Renner got out. However, the emergency brake was not engaged and the plow, which runs on a track, headed in the path of his nephew. Renner tried to stop it and was pulled under and crushed.

"The Pistenbully snow groomer began sliding, causing Renner to exit the vehicle without setting the emergency brake," the sheriff's report concluded. "Although the Pistenbully had some mechanical issues, it is believed based on our mechanical inspection that the parking brake would keep the Pistenbully from moving forward. When Renner attempted to stop or divert the Pistenbully to avoid injury to [his nephew], he was pulled under the vehicle by the track and run over."

Jeremy Renner is proving that nothing is stopping him on his road to recovery following his New Year’s Day snowplow accident.

The Mayor of Kingstown star shared a video on his Instagram Story Saturday that showed his leg pulsing from stimulation devices attached throughout his calf and thigh to help with recovery. He also added a caption, writing, “Electric Stimulation Workout and muscle strength,” The Beatles’ 1968 song “Lady Madonna” played in the background.

Since the incident, the Avengers actor has been open about his journey, sharing updates on social media for his fans. At the end of January, he shared a photo of himself receiving medical attention on his legs.