• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2021 at 9:14 AM, Bird said:

MODOK was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Only watched 3 episodes of Hit Monkey so far, on the fence really.

We'll watch Hawkeye tonight probably!

Hit Monkey gets better halfway through. I thought the same thing with the first few episodes

On 12/16/2021 at 6:26 AM, awakeintheashes said:

This sentiment seems exactly what readers and critics were saying about Fraction’s Hawkeye series, which a lot of this show is based on - right down to the logo. I recommend checking out the first two TPBs for anyone who hasn’t read it. 

Honestly, I'm going to see if my local library has the TPBs. Even through inter-library they may be able to find them.

On 12/16/2021 at 6:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

Honestly, I'm going to see if my local library has the TPBs. Even through inter-library they may be able to find them.

I loved that series and seeing those panels brought to life is amazing. Episode 5 really floored me, I'm loving this series. 

one of the things I've noticed and believe this is the direction that MCU is going, is that the original heroes are gone/dead/retired/old

Hawkeye looks and feels old. He looks tired. He's had a long run, he's also getting nicked up, damaged more than he ever did when he was an avenger.

it's the time for the new heroes, inspired by the battle of new york, by the blip, to replace them

On 12/16/2021 at 11:25 AM, jsilverjanet said:

one of the things I've noticed and believe this is the direction that MCU is going, is that the original heroes are gone/dead/retired/old

Hawkeye looks and feels old. He looks tired. He's had a long run, he's also getting nicked up, damaged more than he ever did when he was an avenger.

it's the time for the new heroes, inspired by the battle of new york, by the blip, to replace them

Definitely agree.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

One of my favourite Modern reads right up there with stuff from Image et al.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:43 PM, piper said:
On 12/16/2021 at 7:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

One of my favourite Modern reads right up there with stuff from Image et al.

100%! That was the only Marvel book on my pull when it was being released. It had a creator-owned feel to it even though you knew it was far from it. 

On 12/16/2021 at 7:35 AM, jsilverjanet said:

iron man - riri

thor - jane foster

black widow - yelena

hawkeye - kate

hulk - she hulk

I can agree with all of these, unless maybe they replace hulk with Amadeus (I'd rather have She Hulk). 

I am more intrigued if they decide to go ahead with a Thunderbolts show/series. Would the show have all new villians or would they have existing MCU to form a dark avengers? If so, here are my guesses on dark avengers:

Norman Osborn= Contessa whatever her name is

Captain America= Red Guardian

Iron Man= ?

Black Widow= Yelena

Hawkeye= Swordsman or Bullseye, if he ever appears

Hulk= Abomination

Thor= Ares

On 12/16/2021 at 4:25 PM, Lpgk said:

I can agree with all of these, unless maybe they replace hulk with Amadeus (I'd rather have She Hulk). 

I am more intrigued if they decide to go ahead with a Thunderbolts show/series. Would the show have all new villians or would they have existing MCU to form a dark avengers? If so, here are my guesses on dark avengers:

Iron Man= ?

Black Widow= Yelena

Hulk= Abomination

Thor= Ares

I think cap would be us agent 

On 12/17/2021 at 3:25 AM, Lpgk said:

Iron Man= ?

Black Widow= Yelena

Hulk= Abomination

Thor= Ares

Hope I'm not sounding like a sexist but dont you guys think we have a female avengers now? like where my boys at?

Edited by JasonTodd69