• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2021 at 8:53 PM, skypinkblu said:

:fear:I like Superman and Star Girl on CW...I'm not expecting Shakespeare;) 

I expect more from Disney and MCU.  So far most of their Disney+ stuff has been very underwhelming.

This show served no purpose for me besides filler garbage. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 12/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, Crimebuster said:

Don't worry, you guys, Venom 3 will be out soon enough for you.

I thought Hawkeye was the best of the Disney+ shows, really good throughout. I had some quibbles with this finale, mainly that all the character arcs sort of tied up separately, so it didn't really come together as a finale since they were all split off fighting their solo fights. 

But it was a pretty small complaint. 

And the musical was a spoof. It was supposed to be cringey. I feel like I'm explaining jokes to my grandmother or something. 

Venom 2 was terrible.  I like good character development with perfectly timed action.  I felt this was neither.   

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 12/23/2021 at 6:18 AM, TupennyConan said:

Whelp, the Kingpin treatment didn't go well, in my opinion. I was surprised by this. 

As someone completely unfamiliar with the Netflix shows, I thought this MCU Kingpin was kinda spot on. If you’re referring to the end, read the comic book.

I really enjoyed it. Liked all 4 characters, liked how they finished up. Loved Yelena, loved her. Thought it was interesting that the show is Kate's show from scene 1, not Clint's show. I thought Kate holding her own with Yelena was a bit of a stretch but enjoyed her fight with Kingpin. He tossed her around and wasn't really interested in her so she got the upper hand. I also like how he came and took care of business personally, didn't see that coming. He swats around members of The Hand as tosses Spider-man around easily in the comics, so I loved him being physical. I even liked the snapped coin thing coming back into play.

I had no interest in this show when it came out. Wifey said let's watch it and I said "really? okay". Wandavision was more fun but just went around in circles, this moved many characters forward. F&WS was good but had all that cheesy stuff and bad costumes. (Not that Clint's purple is much better.) Loki was very good but without the Easter eggs it loses a lot of its' charm...characters just wander off at the end and kinda in the middle of their stories. So this one was fun and hit many of the right notes I think.

saw Hawkeye 06, I enjoyed it. The only thing I would have liked to see is a better written Kingpin. In the show he is too much "thug" behaving more like one of his enforcers shaking you up for the money you owe. My favorite Kingpin is intelligent and calculating. While he can be physically imposing when necessary his most powerful weapon is information.

On 12/22/2021 at 10:20 PM, gadzukes said:

I disagree.  I loved it 100%.

Of course I'm a Theatre Major and have been in many musicals thru the years so I'm biased.

I applaud the effort put in to making that and performing it.

I can see some fans cringing (the same ones who don't like musicals in general), but I had a smile on my face the whole time.  I want to see Rogers the Musical now.

Yeah I was just expecting a sneak peek at another upcoming Marvel show. I was just not expecting this and would have just skipped it had I known.  

On 12/23/2021 at 9:02 AM, Artboy99 said:

The only thing I would have liked to see is a better written Kingpin. In the show he is too much "thug" behaving more like one of his enforcers shaking you up for the money you owe. My favorite Kingpin is intelligent and calculating. While he can be physically imposing when necessary his most powerful weapon is information.

I agree. It is better with it being a surprise rather than him throwing his weight around. But I liked it. I also liked that Kate shot him square in the chest (heart area?) and that she had shot bad guys earlier (looked like non fatal wounds, legs and such). She just shot him. Him brushin' it off was badass though, did it hurt later or is he like Stone of The Hand? Either way works for me. Surprised her and surprised us, but her being willing to go there was a good moment. She's too impulsive too so not much thought, just thwip!

On 12/23/2021 at 9:37 AM, Bird said:

I also liked that Kate shot him square in the chest (heart area?) and that she had shot bad guys earlier (looked like non fatal wounds, legs and such). She just shot him. Him brushin' it off was badass though, did it hurt later or is he like Stone of The Hand? 

I didn't fully understand that.  Was he wearing a flak jacket that the arrow went into?  Did the arrow really go into his chest?  No blood?

On 12/23/2021 at 8:12 AM, gadzukes said:

I didn't fully understand that.  Was he wearing a flak jacket that the arrow went into?  Did the arrow really go into his chest?  No blood?

I also wasn't sure what had happened there. Maybe the Kingpin is just a robot made by Dr. Doom which is why the arrow did nothing.

Edited by Artboy99

On 12/22/2021 at 5:20 PM, gadzukes said:

I disagree.  I loved it 100%.

Of course I'm a Theatre Major and have been in many musicals thru the years so I'm biased.

I applaud the effort put in to making that and performing it.

I can see some fans cringing (the same ones who don't like musicals in general), but I had a smile on my face the whole time.  I want to see Rogers the Musical now.

for the amount of effort and budget in making the musicals, I would have rather had 1 or 2 more episodes. 

On 12/24/2021 at 6:48 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

This scene played out in the comics. Echo shoots him in the face. He survives but is blinded. 

Exactly!

On 12/22/2021 at 4:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

E6 sticks the landing for the most part. Enjoyed that.

Hide contents

But the credit scene...

:p