• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2023 at 7:50 PM, Grendel72 said:

I wouldn't say it's necessarily racist. More of a stereotype. But at least it's a stereotype that's positive. And it's a fact that many Asians are in tech. I'm happy he is getting work and even more happy he wasn't cast as Loki instead.  

I was being facetious. Disney likes to calls fans racist, so...

So, in my final visit to YouTube (since all it has is crappy fan-made videos about superhero shows) I saw a "trailer" for Loki 2 (which is not real) - despite that 2 minute waste of time, I could not tell if it was bad voice-over work or what, but Tom Hiddleston seems to pronounce 'Kang' as 'KONG'.

I am sincerely hoping this is just some screwy edit, because I don't know if I can sit through him being called 'Kong' on top of the massive lameness of the character. I already had to rewrite my brain to pronounce Thanos differently, I'll just sit out the MCU until Doom shows up. Unless of course, they call him 'Dome'.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 2/26/2023 at 6:24 PM, D84 said:

Isn't making the Asian a tech guy racist?

It's 2023. Everything is racist. Even this post. 2022 tried to cancel me on social media by calling me Anti-retro Numerical by being exclusionary to numbers who are previous to the current one.

On 6/18/2023 at 10:41 AM, Dr. Balls said:

It's 2023. Everything is racist. Even this post. 2022 tried to cancel me on social media by calling me Anti-retro Numerical by being exclusionary to numbers who are previous to the current one.

I was joking.