• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

I might see the first two episodes of season 2 next Monday on the big screen. I have seen none so far 😂 but I don't have Disney plus, basically going because of the screen.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/5/2023 at 11:01 PM, WolverineX said:

Anyone watching the first episode?

Just did.

It was more of the first season. Just now with Everything Everywhere All at Once's Ke Huy Quan. So two production references on similar topics.

We'll see how this develops. There is a mid-credit scene. But nothing spectacular. Bring your appetite.

Edited by Bosco685

Weird mid-credits scene in that it was central enough to the story that I don't get why it wasn't there before the credits.  Usually credits scenes are fun but not necessary, but this one shows Sylvie and what she's up to.  That's central enough to the story to usually not be a credits scene.

I feel like I keep trying to like this show and it keeps coming up short of my reach.  It reminds me of a lot of drekky 80s comics- overly complicated stories that lack depth but try to make up for it with lots of references and cool words.

Not sure I'll keep losing time to this show.  We'll give it another episode or 2 yet, before abandoning all hope.

On 10/8/2023 at 11:32 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I feel like I keep trying to like this show and it keeps coming up short of my reach.  It reminds me of a lot of drekky 80s comics- overly complicated stories that lack depth but try to make up for it with lots of references and cool words.

Not sure I'll keep losing time to this show.  We'll give it another episode or 2 yet, before abandoning all hope.

Maybe I should just wait till I can watch them all at once. I've gotten so used to watching a series all at once, I tend to forget what happened when it's weekly

:goodvsevil:

It's growing on me.  I'd watched the first two episodes of Season One and was unimpressed, but someone I trust told me it got better.  Last week, I watched Season One and the new episode.  I'll wait a few weeks and watch two or three episodes. It's how I watch most series.

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but the whole series is very much like "What If... Marvel Was In Charge Of Doctor Who"

Things go wrong on the timeline, so things need to be fixed, but the fixes are sometimes complicated, and what's that? Another Doctor Who Loki? Who has Doctor Who Loki been chasing? Another version of himself? It's a girl?!?

I've seen just about every modern Doctor Who episode, and the overlap in type of story, basic plot, quality of (some) effects, timey-wimey-wibbly-wobbly stuff, etc., all very much like Marvel bringing Doctor Who to the U.S. audiences that never watched Doctor Who.

Edited by valiantman

I saw it yesterday with my wife and we both were like "what the heck did we just watch" at the end.  Maybe I'm just getting older but the plots just keep getting more and more twisted and strange lately.  It was a fine first episode but it needs to get much better.

On 10/14/2023 at 9:58 AM, jsilverjanet said:

i was watching the second episode and was like, did i miss something?

the plot is too confusing and not important for me to care about

i'll watch to see where it leads but i am not impressed

I had that sensation, when they were interrogating Brad Wolf, what was their motivation for all of this running around??   Things had definitely got muddled.

Not a good sign.