• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2023 at 8:39 PM, Microchip said:

I had that sensation, when they were interrogating Brad Wolf, what was their motivation for all of this running around??   Things had definitely got muddled.

Not a good sign.

Yeah, same thought about that scene.  This episode was better than the last but it's all a bit... amateurish.  Which can have it's own appeal (agree with Greg's correlation with Dr. Who). 

But if I wanted to watch Dr. Who, I'd just watch Dr. Who.

On 10/13/2023 at 11:26 PM, Randall Dowling said:
On 10/13/2023 at 8:39 PM, Microchip said:

I had that sensation, when they were interrogating Brad Wolf, what was their motivation for all of this running around??   Things had definitely got muddled.

Not a good sign.

Yeah, same thought about that scene.  This episode was better than the last but it's all a bit... amateurish.  Which can have it's own appeal (agree with Greg's correlation with Dr. Who). 

But if I wanted to watch Dr. Who, I'd just watch Dr. Who.

Brad Wolfe = Bad Wolf

Disney now seems to be announcing that Loki is Marvel's Dr. Who.

Edited by valiantman

On 10/14/2023 at 11:49 AM, valiantman said:

Brad Wolfe = Bad Wolf

Disney now seems to be announcing that Loki is Marvel's Dr. Who.

There was a time when story tellers broke new ground. 

They seem content on just reinventing stuff now. 

Marvel seems to be splitting their universe into formulas to go after separate target markets. 

This is what you get when you get corporate board rooms telling artists how to turn a profit for them. 

It's no longer art. It's art for profit and that's no longer art. 

On 10/10/2023 at 10:24 AM, valiantman said:

I've seen just about every modern Doctor Who episode, and the overlap in type of story, basic plot, quality of (some) effects, timey-wimey-wibbly-wobbly stuff, etc., all very much like Marvel bringing Doctor Who to the U.S. audiences that never watched Doctor Who.

I think I'm squarely in that demographic--never seen any episode or even segment longer than 5 seconds of Doctor Who, and so far I'm digging this season.  It was pretty entertaining up through episode 2, but wow, I LOVED this last episode with Miss Minutes and Kang.

Does anyone have an idea for why Timely/Kang is living in the late 19th century in this episode?  In the comics Kang is from our distant future, and that's what He Who Remains said about himself in that last episode of season 1.  So I'm pretty clueless on why Miss Minutes is now acting like he's actually from the 19th century.  hm

On 10/21/2023 at 5:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

Miss Minutes is a master manipulator for sure.

:frown:

Everyone with that fake southern accent is a manipulator always looking out for themselves.

Miss Minutes, Scarlett O'Hara, Reba, etc.

Edited by valiantman

On 10/26/2023 at 3:57 PM, Lpgk said:

Episode 3 was a great one. Right next to the last episode of Season 1, they're my favorites. Any one want to guess who the villain is?

Isn't everyone in this show a villain besides the TVA employees?  hm

This latest episode felt like the show backslides from the good progress achieved in the last episode just to convey how complicated time alteration can become.

Felt messy at times. But still - anyone want to go grab some pie?

4 was my favorite ep so far this season, but just wondering how many more chicken or the egg scenarios there will be.

And that Ravonna Renslayer is one boxy lady!

Ugh - I just finished the 2nd episode and was about to give up on it and then I had to read this thread.  I may need to give Ep 3 a shot and then go from there.  The 1st couple have not been enjoyable

On 10/30/2023 at 2:08 PM, 1Cool said:

I may need to give Ep 3 a shot and then go from there.

If you enjoyed the last episode of season 1 then you HAVE to watch episode 3--it's almost as good.

I thought the final episode of Loki season 1 is the single best episode of the Disney Plus shows by far.  The end of Wandavision was pretty good too, but not as good as the He Who Remains episode.

Really hope Majors gets past his personal issues because he's riveting as Kang.

Sylvie's hair must have been styled by the same person who did Hope Van Dyne's hairdo. No wonder she wants to stab something in every episode.