• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2023 at 7:21 AM, Bosco685 said:

the viewers or lack thereof closed the book on this show that's why it won't be a third 

On 11/10/2023 at 9:52 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I might have a soft spot for Owen Wilson, but you’re right - he is basically the Owen Wilson Character. But I do like him in that role - the mellow, words-of-the-wise character. Maybe he didn’t die in that shuttle crash in Armageddon - he just got snatched up by the TVA.

I need to back track some, reach over, and grab a plate of humble pie.

The last episode was fantastic, both Owen and Tom were outstanding.   The storyline, and their character developments really peaked, I loved it.

On 11/10/2023 at 12:30 PM, jsilverjanet said:

not sure what i missed that everyone seems to have enjoyed this show, but to me this was a mess

and again why should i care about Kang?

this has not moved the needle in any way

I feel the same. Though Loki's transition was interesting, the rest in the end felt off for me. Like a big, jumbled story for the sake of forced complexity. And how they all connected was kind of - okay.

We'll see moving forward what events this leads into.

On 11/10/2023 at 6:17 PM, Bosco685 said:

I feel the same. Though Loki's transition was interesting, the rest in the end felt off for me. Like a big, jumbled story for the sake of forced complexity. And how they all connected was kind of - okay.

We'll see moving forward what events this leads into.

On 11/10/2023 at 11:30 AM, jsilverjanet said:

not sure what i missed that everyone seems to have enjoyed this show, but to me this was a mess

and again why should i care about Kang?

this has not moved the needle in any way

Agreed.  It was a 2 episode story that got circuitously stretched into a 6 episode "season" (more like a mini-series, if you ask me).  I don't think either the character of Kang or the actor playing him are very compelling.  While both Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston are strong actors, they were both pretty limited by average directing and mediocre writing.  My emotional concern for any of the characters was very low.

As some have pointed out, this is considerably better than watching Secret Invasion but then, that's an exceptionally low bar for reference.  Kind of like saying the Black Adam movie was better than the Morbius movie, IMO.

In the end, I just think they're in dire need of a new slate of producers that actually understand the characters and the value of the stories.  There's a deep well of material to work with but if you don't know what you're looking for, you just end up with an uncompelling group of episodes, loosely tied to together by a contrived outcome.  Harsh, I know, but true.

I love love love Tom Hiddleston...I could watch him dance for an hour. As a matter of fact, they should have had him dancing. 
The time slipping was annoying, redoing the same thing 1,000 times was boring...and I was disappointed in the end.

I actually liked Secret Invasion better. I liked Black Adam a LOT better

On 11/11/2023 at 12:13 AM, skypinkblu said:

I love love love Tom Hiddleston...I could watch him dance for an hour. As a matter of fact, they should have had him dancing. 
The time slipping was annoying, redoing the same thing 1,000 times was boring...and I was disappointed in the end.

Totally agree on Tom’s watchability. We saw Tom on Broadway pre-pandemic and he was phenomenal. Actually it was he and Charlie Cox, co-starring in Betrayal (a Pinter play). If you’ve ever seen that hilarious photo of Tom as Daredevil and Charlie as Loki, that show (their working together) was its origin. 
But I digress…
As for Loki? I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the character development, thought it was well-cast, thought the time travel stuff was handled well… and I could see it setting the path for future events without being beholden to JUST doing that. 
That being said, despite some earlier successes, Disney+ shows are very much crying out for putting the creative direction of each series in the hands of (hopefully) talented show runners. The “start writing and see where it leads us…” has run out of magic. 

On 11/11/2023 at 12:13 AM, skypinkblu said:

As long as he doesn't twerk (tsk)

Interesting Forbes article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2023/11/12/fans-believe-the-mcu-is-reassembling-the-infinity-stones-with-specific-heroes/?sh=69dcc07b29a6

Is Marvel reassembling the Infinity stones possibly to help lead us to Secret Wars?  Could this be just a coincidental occurrence that could be taken advantage of and retconned to lead the way without Jonathan Majors? 

Loki with his green magic becomes the green time stone.

Wanda who shifts reality becomes the red reality stone.

Monica in the Marvels represents the space stone. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/12/2023 at 8:32 PM, Buzzetta said:

I think they really stuck the landing as the saying goes.

Wait. I thought your posts stray from the thread topic at hand?! This is too on-point.

hm

:baiting:

But seriously. I wish I could agree. As I like Tom Hiddleston, Owen 'Wow' Wilson and even the addition of Ke Huy Quan.

But the forced complexity of time and time variance was somewhat the distraction for me. And especially by the end showing how all the event tying back to situation with the 8 year-old and what took place while he made candles. And even the Sylvie portions working at a McDonald's restaurant in Oklahoma seemed to take me out of the story. Cute scenes? Sure. But why do I care?

There were elements of the show I liked. Especially when all the TVA members working with Loki tried to figure out the Loom and how to protect the different timelines. But how that all came together was the rougher parts of the story to keep straight and engaging.

On 11/13/2023 at 5:14 AM, Bosco685 said:

Wait. I thought your posts stray from the thread topic at hand?! This is too on-point.

hm

:baiting:

But seriously. I wish I could agree. As I like Tom Hiddleston, Owen 'Wow' Wilson and even the addition of Ke Huy Quan.

But the forced complexity of time and time variance was somewhat the distraction for me. And especially by the end showing how all the event tying back to situation with the 8 year-old and what took place while he made candles. And even the Sylvie portions working at a McDonald's restaurant in Oklahoma seemed to take me out of the story. Cute scenes? Sure. But why do I care?

There were elements of the show I liked. Especially when all the TVA members working with Loki tried to figure out the Loom and how to protect the different timelines. But how that all came together was the rougher parts of the story to keep straight and engaging.

😂 I see what you did there. 

I felt the scene with the eight year old was VERY important and I felt it was rather integral.  It wasn’t what he was doing but rather what didn’t happen.  He didn’t get the TVA Handbook.  I think the show was trying to say that while there may be Kang Variants out there that they have effectively broken free from, “He Who Remains” and that Loki has effectively erased what could be the most dangerous Kang variant.