• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2023 at 5:37 PM, Bosco685 said:

Not surprising due to the general apathy towards MCU right now.  The big question is "how much lower?"  I mean are we talking a loss of 5% viewership or 30%?

And yikes, just read the article, a 39% drop.  Wow!

On 11/3/2023 at 9:43 AM, media_junkie said:

Not surprising due to the general apathy towards MCU right now.  The big question is "how much lower?"  I mean are we talking a loss of 5% viewership or 30%?

This show was the high water mark for MCU creativity in the last 24 months or so.   It's disappointing to see it sliding.  But it's sliding on a weak story, the diversity angle hasn't been overt thankfully.

Let see how series 2 of What-if goes.   The episode with the made up Native American character reeks of "inclusion", but at this point, the plot was hatched within the deep grasp of Kathleen Kennedy's reign.   Too late to salvage expectations.

Hopefully it's not going to be nowhere near as bad as series 2 of Star Wars: Visions doh!:tonofbricks::wishluck:

Edited by Microchip

On 11/2/2023 at 6:43 PM, media_junkie said:

On 11/3/2023 at 1:19 AM, Microchip said:

This show was the high water mark for MCU creativity in the last 24 months or so.   It's disappointing to see it sliding.  But it's sliding on a weak story, the diversity angle hasn't been overt thankfully.

Let see how series 2 of What-if goes.   The episode with the made up Native American character reeks of "inclusion", but at this point, the plot was hatched within the deep grasp of Kathleen Kennedy's reign.   Too late to salvage expectations.

Hopefully it's not going to be nowhere near as bad as series 2 of Star Wars: Visions doh!:tonofbricks::wishluck:

Wait till they turn X-men to X-people

On 11/8/2023 at 3:54 PM, Microchip said:

Yeah, the trajectory at the moment is that it will be a crash landing as opposed to a movie event worth watching.

Money talks but unfortunately, I don't really have faith in the Marvel heads right now.   They are going to drive this ship into the ground if they do that.  

Loki finally got weird. I enjoyed the last two episodes a lot. And Moebius? He's turning out to be one of the most likeable characters in the MCU since Phil Coulsen.

On 11/10/2023 at 3:22 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Loki finally got weird. I enjoyed the last two episodes a lot. And Moebius? He's turning out to be one of the most likeable characters in the MCU since Phil Coulsen.

I kinda felt like they were relying too much on him asking after pie.  Like this was the basis for him being the good guy, and endearing.  

Not the strongest of character developments, and kinda sliding into 'just' another Owen Wilson character.    

The writing crew at this point could do with picking up a few of the back issues, and having a read.

On 11/9/2023 at 2:47 PM, Microchip said:

I kinda felt like they were relying too much on him asking after pie.  Like this was the basis for him being the good guy, and endearing.  

Not the strongest of character developments, and kinda sliding into 'just' another Owen Wilson character.    

The writing crew at this point could do with picking up a few of the back issues, and having a read.

I might have a soft spot for Owen Wilson, but you’re right - he is basically the Owen Wilson Character. But I do like him in that role - the mellow, words-of-the-wise character. Maybe he didn’t die in that shuttle crash in Armageddon - he just got snatched up by the TVA.

On 11/9/2023 at 5:52 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I might have a soft spot for Owen Wilson, but you’re right - he is basically the Owen Wilson Character. But I do like him in that role - the mellow, words-of-the-wise character. Maybe he didn’t die in that shuttle crash in Armageddon - he just got snatched up by the TVA.

image.png.1fd4d8028e169200877f30731261ba40.png

Christ, Jonathan Majors is atrocious.

He isn't got a lot to work with admittedly, but he is a very,very bad choice in this role.

They need to either re-think Kang, or replace Majors.

Not minding Loki TBH - it's not great, but not Eternals level terrible.

On 11/10/2023 at 3:22 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Yeah,I'm on Ep 5 and have no idea whats happening!

Well I watched the last one - and whilst not fully understanding all of it - I was entertained.

I guess this makes Loki the:

Spoiler

God and Guardian of Time and Space?

With his new

Spoiler

position, it would be awesome if Loki could go back and destroy the timeline that gave us Love and Blunder hm

On 11/10/2023 at 4:23 AM, s-man said:

With his new

Hide contents

position, it would be awesome if Loki could go back and destroy the timeline that gave us Love and Blunder hm

if only