• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2022 at 12:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

Audiences being dragged into the theater

There was this one as well...

Sam Raimi version.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 7/13/2022 at 11:00 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Saved it? I mean, he directed an entertaining movie, but he also butchered most of the mythology and material that he used, including the main character himself. "Saved" isn't the word that I would use. I long for the Thor of his first 2 movies.

Fair enough.  Instead of "saved" I should have said "made lots and lots of money".  Nothing in the MCU needs to be saved in the literal sense.  Everybody knows that.

***Thor 1 is the best Thor...I do agree with that

On 7/13/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I’ve just read that the director has stated that the inspiration for the screaming goats is this Taylor Swift meme…

:roflmao:

He did. I read that in a few articles. But I have never seen this video.

On 7/13/2022 at 10:00 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Saved it? I mean, he directed an entertaining movie, but he also butchered most of the mythology and material that he used, including the main character himself. "Saved" isn't the word that I would use. I long for the Thor of his first 2 movies.

Agree 100%. I lost interest in Raganarok once the forced comedic skits started. I thought it was a bad movie, and if TL&T is even worse then it is pretty much unwatchable for me.

On 7/13/2022 at 3:05 PM, kimik said:

Agree 100%. I lost interest in Raganarok once the forced comedic skits started. I thought it was a bad movie, and if TL&T is even worse then it is pretty much unwatchable for me.

it is worse.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:55 AM, Straw-Man said:

it is worse.

That is what I am hearing. This will be the first Covid/post-Covid MCU film I will not see in the theatre.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:55 AM, Straw-Man said:

it is worse.

Understatement.  It's so poorly written and cobbled together that it seems like it was a completely different movie at some point. The "jokes" fall flat, the story doesn't make any sense, it retcons stuff leaving a bunch of plot holes punched throughout the entire MCU so far, and for some reason the Guardians are in it just.....because? And when I say its poorly written, I mean they literally have to have like 20 minutes of Korg narrating flashbacks and montages just so you have even half an idea of what in the heck is happening, and it STILL doesn't make sense

Edited by Nic8612

On 7/14/2022 at 10:07 AM, Nic8612 said:

Understatement.  It's so poorly written and cobbled together that it seems like it was a completely different movie at some point. The "jokes" fall flat, the story doesn't make any sense, it retcons stuff leaving a bunch of plot holes punched throughout the entire MCU so far, and for some reason the Guardians are in it just.....because? And when I say its poorly written, I mean they literally have to have like 20 minutes of Korg narrating flashbacks and montages just so you have even half an idea of what in the heck is happening, and it STILL doesn't make sense

I wonder if it is tied to how many films the Guardians cast has in their deals? That being said, Thor was their hitchhiker at the conclusion of End Game so it made sense that they were included.

On 7/14/2022 at 12:19 PM, Artboy99 said:

and... do not see it even when it is for free is my advice.

I heard you the first time. I still may watch it when it is on D+ since it is likely on par with the rest of the recent content there. Reva anyone?

On 7/14/2022 at 2:24 PM, kimik said:

I wonder if it is tied to how many films the Guardians cast has in their deals? That being said, Thor was their hitchhiker at the conclusion of End Game so it made sense that they were included.

I guess I worded that poorly. It seems like there was originally supposed to be Guardians vol.3 before this movie and they filmed it as such. Then Guardians vol.3 got moved or something and they had to cut everything from Thor 4 and be like "Yes they were off having adventures but don't worry about what happened, it's not important. Bye Guardians!"

On 7/14/2022 at 12:29 PM, Nic8612 said:

I guess I worded that poorly. It seems like there was originally supposed to be Guardians vol.3 before this movie and they filmed it as such. Then Guardians vol.3 got moved or something and they had to cut everything from Thor 4 and be like "Yes they were off having adventures but don't worry about what happened, it's not important. Bye Guardians!"

That is why I questioned what they have in their contracts. There may be a set number of movies in X amount of years clause.

On 7/14/2022 at 2:29 PM, Nic8612 said:

Then Guardians vol.3 got moved or something...

That was because of his firing and WB subsequently hiring him (James Gunn) for The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker. One of the few 'poor planning' examples from the MCU.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Added context.

On 7/14/2022 at 12:25 PM, kimik said:

I heard you the first time. I still may watch it when it is on D+ since it is likely on par with the rest of the recent content there. Reva anyone?

sorry. 

On 7/14/2022 at 12:56 PM, Artboy99 said:
On 7/14/2022 at 12:25 PM, kimik said:

sorry. 

Sorry, that came across harsher than I intended it to. I meant that I heard your warning from the beginning and agreed with you. I trust your views on films. 

That being said, I am sure I will watch it at some point on D+ just because it is new content. It can't be worse than Reva and Obi-Wan, can it?

Heck, I actually lasted 20 minutes into the Green Knight this past weekend since I had not seen it and figured it could not be as terrible as I heard it was. That was the worst start to a movie I think I have ever seen and I did not bother watching it any further to see if it improved. 

On 7/14/2022 at 12:19 PM, Artboy99 said:

and... do not see it even when it is for free is my advice.

I would watch it for free (once)!