• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2022 at 10:37 PM, piper said:

Movie went full Taika. :(

They took one of my favorite modern story arcs and turned it into a farce.

I never read the Jane Foster story, I may have to but I assume it isn't anything as cheesy as this Jean Claude Van Dam "pose"? :facepalm:

Image70.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

It was good, not great.  This is one I'd likely never watch fully again and just skip to the good parts on, and most any scene with Gorr in it is rewatchable.

Taika went nuts on this one with quadruple the silliness he put into Ragnarok, and given that his mainstream appeal is severely limited that's an understandable but risky move.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 7/11/2022 at 12:39 AM, Artboy99 said:

I never read the Jane Foster story, I may have to but I assume it isn't anything as cheesy as this Jean Claude Van Dam "pose"? :facepalm:

Image70.jpg

That’s ridiculous.  

On 7/10/2022 at 4:45 PM, fantastic_four said:

It was good, not great.  This is one I'd likely never watch fully again and just skip to the good parts on, and most any scene with Gorr in it is rewatchable.

Taika went nuts on this one with quadruple the silliness he put into Ragnarok, and given that his mainstream appeal is severely limited that's an understandable but risky move.

That sounds absolutely awful. I'll pass on this movie until it's free.

Edited by WernerVonDoom

I’ve always been big on separating the comics and the movies in my mind. Each is its own thing, so I don’t expect or need or even necessarily want the movies to be carbon copies of the comics.

That being said, I definitely felt like Gorr and Jane were both severely short changed with this movie.

I am generally onboard for Taika’s shtick, but there wasn’t enough of that charm to fill in the gaps here. In the end, it was an intermittently charming trifle, and not one that I’ll need to revisit. There’s just not much there.

That being said, I laughed every single time the goats screamed. I can be an easy mark at times.

On 7/10/2022 at 6:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

Did you see the CGI for Heimdall's kid yet?

UGH

And the children with their "Zeus lightning bolt" powered up weapons against the shadow creatures. Just UGH.

Edited by Artboy99

On 7/10/2022 at 9:54 PM, Xenosmilus said:

They only thing I chuckled at was how storm breaker was jealous and stalking Thor when he was talking about other weapons. I’m not sure why I just thought it was funny.

Yes that made me laugh as well, when Stormbreaker would slowly re-enter the frame.

A lot of the jokes didn’t land, but when I DID laugh, it was genuine.