• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2022 at 9:24 AM, drotto said:

Are we ready to say phase 4 is off the rails?  How long will the goodwill last??  I think there will always be people seeing these films, but there will be diminishing returns. At some point they will not be able to justify $200+ million budgets, even if they maintain $500 to $600 box office.

From Variety- much higher than other #'s I've seen tossed around

'As is the case with any Marvel Studios film, “Love and Thunder” cost a pretty penny, carrying a $250 million production price tag'

Edited by paperheart

On 7/9/2022 at 6:53 PM, paperheart said:

From Variety- much higher than other #'s I've seen tossed around

'As is the case with any Marvel Studios film, “Love and Thunder” cost a pretty penny, carrying a $250 million production price tag'

:whatthe:

This movie will make enough for them to justify continuing doing what they are doing.

We need to see BIG MAJOR flops in multiple MCU movies for them to finally acknowledge what they're doing isn't good.

I'm getting tired of being over hyped only to be let down (Moon Knight, Boba Fett, Kenobi, Ms. Marvel...and to an extent Dr. Strange MoM).

***Or hope that the DCEU get their @#$%$ together and give the MCU some competition

On 7/9/2022 at 5:24 PM, drotto said:

Are we ready to say phase 4 is off the rails?  How long will the goodwill last?? 

I watched every Marvel Studios film up until Endgame at the cinema.

I haven't watched a single one from Phase 4 yet.

On 7/9/2022 at 3:36 AM, gadzukes said:

And.... I'm ready for Korg to just be a pile of rubble somewhere and not part of the next movie.

There's always the Stone Man that gets smashed to pieces in Dark World, for now.

On 7/9/2022 at 8:03 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

***Or hope that the DCEU get their @#$%$ together and give the MCU some competition

When it comes to comics, I'm a DC guy, but the trailer for Black Adam showed before Thor yesterday when we went to see it, and it looked horrible compared to even the most recent MCU offerings in my opinion... bums me out.

This movie was Goofy!!! It was one of those movies where you walk out and say they could’ve done so much more with it. A 6.0 at best for me. Some parts had me scratching my head. 

I think we all love that Marvel movies/shows incorporate humor/corny jokes and may feel they’ve been pushing it a little too much recently, but this one felt very forced.