• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2022 at 5:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

My mom texted me last night that she watched this on Sunday. I'll quote her word-for-word:

I have mentioned before that my parents don't really dislike many movies. They grew up with comic books but are not tied to the way characters are written the same way that I am.

Have her throw on She-Hulk and she'd probably want to cancel Disney+ immediately. My wife said thank god we didn't buy this movie on Vudu.

On 9/18/2022 at 2:38 PM, MR SigS said:

I agree, but for me this isn't nearly as bad as other films. It's plausible she has training in hand-to-hand combat since her parents were super-heroes, and she certainly should be better at controlling the ants than Scott at that point of the film. It isn't even hard to believe she's more mature given ger upbringing and losing her mother the way she did. 

But yes, she just seemed to be better in every other way as well. But hey, she liked that when Scott is in just the right light, his 6-pack (of 8oz sodas) looks nice. 

Hope Pym.

Right, forgot she's JvD's daughter. The issue isn't whether it is plausible to any degree in this case, it's that it is the only way the female characters are portrayed, even when it is ludicrous that there are no counter examples. It's as if they'd decided to portray all redheads as billionaires, blondes as trillionaires, and brunettes as homeless hags. Maybe there are a few real examples out there but not every single time. That is the issue. They do their best to come up with back stories to explain these things but the end result has zero variety no matter how plausible the explanation might be for any given character. 

Although I disagree going so hard with the dislike, these details drive home the point why Ragnarok's humor worked and Love and Thunder seemed to divide the audience.

I never picked up on Ragnarok had three writers (Eric Pearson, Craig Kyle, Christopher L. Yost) and Love and Thunder was two driven by one (Taika Waititi, Jennifer Kaytin Robinson). 

On 9/26/2022 at 5:05 PM, Bosco685 said:

Although I disagree going so hard with the dislike, these details drive home the point why Ragnarok's humor worked and Love and Thunder seemed to divide the audience.

I never picked up on Ragnarok had three writers (Eric Pearson, Craig Kyle, Christopher L. Yost) and Love and Thunder was two driven by one (Taika Waititi, Jennifer Kaytin Robinson). 

I find that anything Yost works on turns to gold.  And that goes back to through his Avengers cartoon days as well.

just finished it and yeah, like many, found it disappointing. on the plus side, i thought Bale was amazing and the Gorr character was compelling and had some depth for a villain, which i always like. 

as for the rest of it, it's all pretty much been said. way too much jokey jokey and not nearly enough meat. loved seeing the GOTG in the beginning, that would have been a more fun film. 

at the end it says THOR WILL RETURN. though Waititi has proven to be a good director and writer, i hope someone else does the next one. and i don't need jane foster again personally. i'm mostly okay if they make thor a lady, but maybe someone newer to the screen. 

On 9/27/2022 at 7:05 AM, Bosco685 said:

After watching Mavet Studio's Assembled, episode 11, this guy nails what we all saw in TL&T.

I'm relieved to hear Taika has been yanked from the franchise.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:41 AM, D84 said:

Is anyone surprised?

We finally got some sense of what the heck happened to Thor.    Still this fourth phase is being dominated by pushing female characters forward, and to make the male roles, as inept.

I don't think any part of TLT was filmed in a linear fashion either.   You can see it in Chris's physique.   He goes from mild, too pumped, to Terry Bollea mode, and back and forth, throughout the film.   

On 10/30/2022 at 3:41 AM, Bosco685 said:

Interesting trend

01_BO_Thor4.thumb.PNG.2f8f2893b0fcbe0f4d5eeb8516a81773.PNG

Everyone did go and see it, but no one is feeling like it was money well spent.

The results does more to acknowledge the success of Ragnorak, and the momentum built up from the movie.

I was watching Marvel Studios Assembled, episode 5 on the What If series.   What If was intended as a pseudo prequel to phase 4 apparently.   And Thor was cast as a buffoon in that series... they promised, and Taika delivered.

Watched it yesterday.

Absolutely dire - and I say that as someone who loved Ragnarok and thinks Tessa Thompson can do no wrong. 

Well, perhaps stop losing her phone with those pics and movies. Then again....

Apparently Chris knows the value of his character, and it doesn't include Taika in any future plans.    Thank you Lord.

Speaking with Vanity Fair in the wake of the discovery that, as revealed in the fifth episode of his Disney Plus series Limitless, he is genetically predisposed to Alzheimer’s Disease, Hemsworth was asked by outlet writer Anthony Breznican if “these experiences focused on longevity change the way you plan your own future?”, to which the actor confirmed, “One hundred percent”.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/11/18/in-seeming-dig-at-taika-waititi-thor-star-chris-hemsworth-says-he-refuses-to-work-with-any-more-mad-genius-directors/

On 11/24/2022 at 3:02 AM, TupennyConan said:

His Thor career is over. He needs to give the crybaby interviews a rest & go get a job.

You obviously haven't been watching limitless.   I have to give him 10/10 for what he goes through in the series.  

Don't blame the actor, for the what the writer/director did.    TL&T sits squarely with Taika.