• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

Taika Waititi has done some great stuff, but between this movie and the Mandalorian his involvement with Marvel properties has resulted in absolute dogchit. His inability to recognize the tone that has already been established and then proceed to vomit poor comedic bits all over leaves the viewer wondering what exactly they are watching. 

On 9/9/2022 at 1:12 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

8 minutes into this movie, I have it paused, and I might just turn it off. Literally joking about the fact that you just threw away Thor's friends in Ragnarok? Absolutely s***ty writing.

I did, in fact, turn it off. L&T is officially the worst MCU film in my book. Yup, worse than The Eternals.

saw it the other night. Bale was excellent and I see why he was upset that so much of his performance was cut. I want to see him scrape those religious markings off! I too want to see the more serious movie with more Gorr. This won't be seen again. Jane Foster looked great as Thor and Valkyrie is growing on me but the tone is horrible. Naked Thor was funny though.

And Sif back...for nothing really. I don't find the humor as disrespectful to the characters, they are fictional after all, but this part with Sif just made her into an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Wow! A total  disappointment.

It looks like they were trying to pay homage to those great Monty Python movies of the 1970s!

I don't know if that was good or bad idea.

hm

With this and the She-Hulk TV show I guess my days as a Marvel movie zombie are over.

I actually loved the new Elvis movie compared to this.

The Marvel must see spell is off. Looking forward to Black Adam and Shazam 2 movies more than any upcoming Marvel movie/TV live action stuff.

Edited by The humble Watcher lurking

On 9/12/2022 at 1:20 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Wow! A total  disappointment.

It looks like they were trying to pay homage to those great Monty Python movies of the 1970s!

I don't know if that was good or bad idea.

hm

With this and the She-Hulk TV show I guess my days as a Marvel movie zombie are over.

I actually loved the new Elvis movie compared to this.

The Marvel must see spell is off. Looking forward to Black Adam and Shazam 2 movies more than any upcoming Marvel movie/TV live action stuff.

Yes, Hawkman looks fantastic

On 9/12/2022 at 8:23 AM, Bird said:

saw it the other night. Bale was excellent and I see why he was upset that so much of his performance was cut. I want to see him scrape those religious markings off! I too want to see the more serious movie with more Gorr. This won't be seen again. Jane Foster looked great as Thor and Valkyrie is growing on me but the tone is horrible. Naked Thor was funny though.

And Sif back...for nothing really. I don't find the humor as disrespectful to the characters, they are fictional after all, but this part with Sif just made her into an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

One thing I did like was when Gorr would fade in from the darkness with the glowing eyes being the 1st thing noticeable.   Kinda reminded me of the original Salem's Lot - not to date myself.

The one thing that really bothered me was a plot point...

Spoiler

Why didn't Thor, if he could give a bunch of kids the power of Thor, just not give, you know, adult Asgardians from New Asgard his powers, some of whom would presumably be from a warrior class of Asgardians to go fight Gorr? Why would he even need other God's? Why not just do that in the first place? Oh, I know,we wouldn't have had the cool teddy bear shooting electricity out of its eyes scene...Sigh...

On 9/12/2022 at 10:49 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

The one thing that really bothered me was a plot point...

Hide contents

Why didn't Thor, if he could give a bunch of kids the power of Thor, just not give, you know, adult Asgardians from New Asgard his powers, some of whom would presumably be from a warrior class of Asgardians to go fight Gorr? Why would he even need other God's? Why not just do that in the first place? Oh, I know,we wouldn't have had the cool teddy bear shooting electricity out of its eyes scene...Sigh...

Only the innocent and pure of heart can wield the Power of Thor.  Eons of debauchery meant the adults weren't pure enough. Or something like that.

On 9/12/2022 at 6:48 PM, I like pie said:

Same! I'm on Season 7 but dreading the final season.

I know. It was that bad I've forgotten it, here's to reliving pure disappointment.

On 9/12/2022 at 1:56 PM, shadroch said:

Only the innocent and pure of heart can wield the Power of Thor.  Eons of debauchery meant the adults weren't pure enough. Or something like that.

Ahhh guess I missed that part...You'd think wanting to rescue your abducted kids from a madman would make you "worthy", at least temporarily...

On 9/12/2022 at 1:48 PM, I like pie said:

Same! I'm on Season 7 but dreading the final season.

MAybe it won't be so bad this time around.  And at least them actually made an actual ending (unlike so many other shows and movies).

Edited by davidpg

On 9/12/2022 at 1:26 PM, WolverineX said:

Trash movie.  Way too corny.  

Totally agree...absolute cheese fest. I liked the way it started and thought Bale was good, but other then that...:p :tumbleweed: :eek: doh!:facepalm::censored:(tsk)rantrant