• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE PART 1 (2022)
3 3

358 posts in this topic

Deadline mid-Friday: Sony Pictures Animation’s Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse second Friday of $16.5M. But as far as the weekend goes at this point in time, it’s too close to call with both coming in around $58M.

2c Close to $230M US thru Sunday, on way to $350M+ US.

On 6/9/2023 at 5:02 PM, chrisco37 said:

Just got out of the theater.  The animation is just incredible.  It just blows everything else out of the water.  Great movie.  Went by quick.  Can’t wait for Part 2.  A+

It reminds me of really good animation for video game advertisements where the tiny writing says "not actual gameplay scenes", except everything IS actual "gameplay" scenes for over two hours.

Edited by valiantman

According to a /Film source, Sony has sent out a new version of "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse" to theaters that corrects the sound issues listed below. Variety confirms that "all the prints" of the film have now been updated. 

The latest "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse" is an audio-visual assault on the senses, and I mean that in the best way possible. There's always something going on, filling in every corner of the frame with dazzling imagery and every layer of the sound design with background noise, music, sound effects, and dialogue.

My son and I went on Saturday.  We had a lot fun.  I found the soundtrack hard to hear (inaudible) at times.  The action is fast paced, non stop, and frantic, so know that I missed things.  I will need another watch at home to pick up all the easter eggs.  I loved the animation art style

4/5 stars

Saw it last week with the missus, the son and his buddies. We all mostly liked it. I think the son and I both liked the first one better. I'm probably the most negative of the group. It was *way* too long and bloated. Some of the scenes really dragged on and overall they just threw everything in *including* the kitchen sink. I just don't understand why every superhero movie these days has to be "epic" length. It makes going to see one an epic commitment. And I really felt cheated at the end, as did many other vocal patrons at the theater. I avoid spoilers and had no idea it was only Part 1. Ugh. Enough already. Pare it down and just tell the story.

On 6/14/2023 at 11:57 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

And I really felt cheated at the end, as did many other vocal patrons at the theater.

To my 15 year old daughter, who loved the first one & generally enjoys the MCU.

Did you like it?

I didn't like the ending. 

OIC, you didn't know it was Part I of II. Which did you like better, Little Mermaid or Spiderverse?

Little Mermaid. 

I didn't say anything after that -- quickly changed the subject because I loved it [& of course knew it was Part I]. 

On 6/14/2023 at 3:45 PM, TupennyConan said:

To my 15 year old daughter, who loved the first one & generally enjoys the MCU.

Did you like it?

I didn't like the ending. 

OIC, you didn't know it was Part I of II. Which did you like better, Little Mermaid or Spiderverse?

Little Mermaid. 

I didn't say anything after that -- quickly changed the subject because I loved it [& of course knew it was Part I]. 

I hope her new parents guide her down the right comic book path going forward.

Wait. You didn't put her up for adoption??!! :rulez:

On 6/14/2023 at 10:57 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

I avoid spoilers and had no idea it was only Part 1. Ugh. Enough already. Pare it down and just tell the story.

Comic book companies want $6 each for a 6-part or 8-part storyline, ($36 to $48) which costs them relatively nothing to produce (compared to a box office movie), but two tickets is too much to pay for half-a-billion dollars worth of story development and visuals? hm