• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE PART 1 (2022)
3 3

358 posts in this topic

just rewatched this with my son on bluray and i believe it is the best animation ever done in a movie, from start to finish. i personally think it is also a wonderful, amazing film, possibly the best animated film ever. so nice to see them crush one ever once in awhile. it's getting farther between the good ones the last couple years in terms of superhero stuff. 

On 10/2/2023 at 1:42 AM, Bosco685 said:

And clearly a worldwide box office winner.

Screenshot_20231002-0440412.thumb.png.0afa81f22b58e4b5532d4980b224bfa8.png

This cartoon was obviously very profitable for Sony, even if that 100M budget seems dubious at best, but , much like the first cartoon, that international split is soft.  As well as it ended up doing - about 100M more than I thought it would- it "should" have made about another 200M more internationally than it did, based on the typical superhero domestic/international split, or about 890M worldwide (see, for example, GOTG 3).

-J.

On 10/7/2023 at 5:05 AM, Jaydogrules said:

This cartoon was obviously very profitable for Sony, even if that 100M budget seems dubious at best, but , much like the first cartoon, that international split is soft.  As well as it ended up doing - about 100M more than I thought it would- it "should" have made about another 200M more internationally than it did, based on the typical superhero domestic/international split, or about 890M worldwide (see, for example, GOTG 3).

-J.

giphy-downsized-large.gif.2ce13c4de805f0af92e99d4a97655a32.gif

OK, so my sons wanted to catch this and since it is now on Netflix we gave it a look.

I know I am by far in the minority but I didn't think this was a very good movie and was bored out of my mind the entire time.  Maybe it is because I didn't see the first one, or maybe it is because I stopped collecting new comics before Miles or Spider-Gwen came out, but wow I am so glad I didn't spend money on three tickets for this thing.  

Would not recommend (not that it matters).