• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,896 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2021 at 2:56 PM, Dark Knight said:

Damn Marvel 1 still climbing!?!  My opinion not a nice copy with all that ugly resto work on the spine 

156K for a not-pretty 2.0 with moderate work.   feeling pretty good about my slight 7.0 kansas city copy.

and did anyone mention the fantastic 3 1.8 going for 41K?   amazing.

Edited by Straw-Man

This new auctioneer has upped the Hand Game significantly. Brian uses that little "come hither" hand gesture a lot. The other dude points at everyone. But this women uses her hands like she is directing traffic. A+ for style and effort.

On 9/9/2021 at 5:07 PM, twmjr1 said:

What is the significance of this particular issue??? Thx. It's not a Nazi or bondage/torture cover??

Archie's "first appearance" in an ad for Pep #22. In terms of value, I didn't think that was a thing any more than it is for Action #12, but I guess it just takes two bidders to make it so.

On 9/9/2021 at 2:38 PM, zen514 said:

9A871B46-7ED0-4352-BDD5-658A3DBB1401.thumb.jpeg.d3923b775a1c3e2adafa393b84b70a5f.jpegMarvel Comics 🥇🚀

156k 2.0 moderate🔥🔥🔥

Imagine an unrestored and October Copy!!!

Its been under the radar for so long. So Rare especially unrestored and Oct copies 

Yeah pretty crazy price for it.  It seems like a kid took his/her colored marker and just filled in all the white spots with blue, red, etc lol.  I feel like there may be some misinformed bidders out there with regards to restoration and what the letters and numbers mean.  I can maybe understand if the restoration was done professionally (A), but a C!?  crazy times

On 9/9/2021 at 5:04 PM, Crowzilla said:

How many high grade mega keys do you have priced below gpa?

Depends on what you consider a high grade "Mega Key". Are we going by the CGC Golden Age Chatboard definition, or the Instagram flipper definition?

On 9/9/2021 at 5:44 PM, Dark Knight said:

Yeah pretty crazy price for it.  It seems like a kid took his/her colored marker and just filled in all the white spots with blue, red, etc lol.  I feel like there may be some misinformed bidders out there with regards to restoration and what the letters and numbers mean.  I can maybe understand if the restoration was done professionally (A), but a C!?  crazy times

C for crazy times lol

All hail Marvel Comics 1 craziness

Someone explain this to me -

Golden Age Flash #2 9.2 off-white - 1 9.2 and 1 higher - $32,400

Showcase #13 (4th SA Flash app.) - 9.2 single highest - $38,400

Should there be any distinction between GA and SA any longer? Maybe now they are all just old comics.

On 9/9/2021 at 5:19 PM, MrBedrock said:

Depends on what you consider a high grade "Mega Key". Are we going by the CGC Golden Age Chatboard definition, or the Instagram flipper definition?

In the red corner we have Spawn 1 9.8 error variant and Secret Wars 8 9.9 and in the blue corner, yes, that’s right Two Fisted Tales Annual 1 and Wow Comics 38 in high grade image.png.306f75d63b3c0fc5ad3015db05e2a500.png

On 9/9/2021 at 6:00 PM, Mmehdy said:

$18,160,000...with two days to go, we will break the world record for a comic auction....

They have the ticker tape ready for the parade!

On 9/10/2021 at 12:12 AM, twmjr1 said:

Holy Diver. I never thought that would be possible, for any silver age book, in my lifetime, period.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:07 AM, Gotham Kid said:

3.6Mil for the AF15 9.6

What's even crazier is there are actually some disappointed prognosticators out there.

On 9/9/2021 at 3:27 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

$222k for the 2.0 Bat 1 with tape. 

it’s official. Collecting has untethered itself from reality

56575F33-D531-49A5-8CD2-94043B349FF4.png

When this was listed on Comiclink exchange briefly for around $180K I said.

Almost surprised that 2.0 hasn't sold yet. Would like to know what grader notes say.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:36 AM, MrBedrock said:

Does this mean the three other 9.6 AF 15s are each worth 3.6million?

More.  AF 15s follow different rules of economics.  The more 9.6 copies appear, and the more often they come up for sale, the more their price goes up! 

It is known.