• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2022 at 7:05 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I mean didn’t Vincent sell the 8.5 for $3.25 mil not long ago? Holy hell!!

3FC11EB4-9D0C-4DCD-9D45-5E18F6186E32.jpeg

That 8.5 looks like a steal now. The market is somewhat buoyant at the moment. Or rather completely bonkers. 

Edited by goldust40

On 1/13/2022 at 11:08 AM, goldust40 said:

Not that I’m aware of. You wonder what the Hulk 181 cover would go for now. 

Unfortunately doesn’t exist I believe. That cover went up in a fire as I recall. But the Hulk 180 interior page that is the first Wolverine app would certainly be bankable!

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 1/13/2022 at 7:14 PM, LDarkseid1 said:
On 1/13/2022 at 7:08 PM, goldust40 said:

Not that I’m aware of. You wonder what the Hulk 181 cover would go for now. 

Unfortunately doesn’t exist I believe. That cover went up in a fire as I recall. But the Hulk 180 interior page that is the cover would certainly be bankable!

My bad!

There seemed to be a bidding war at the end of the Secret Wars 8 page. Thing just wouldn't end. The Action and Detective sold pretty much where I think should have been reasonably expected, even though the Tec 27 did go a little high for the grade and page quality. Interesting that the 9.6 Spotlight 5 sold for 84,000 which is exactly what the last 9.8 181 sold for in September. I guess its safe to say that Spotlight 5 is by far the King of the Bronze 9.8's. 

Edited by Professor K
spelling correction

On 1/13/2022 at 1:17 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Solid result!

667D7DF6-C95F-487A-9A0C-E3E7994FDA6E.jpeg

I was disappointed in the TEc 27 sale actually.  Besides the PQ. very nice looking book.  MC 1 is neck in neck with Bats 1.  Used to be a day when it was with Cap 1.  That More Fun Comics 76 went for 200k --3ok a point but the Super 1 ).5 for 100k wish was awesome !  Basically SUpes, Bats, and Spidey are KING.  MC 1 might be #5 now out of top 5

On 1/13/2022 at 11:54 AM, Chicago Boy said:

I don't think any OA has gone over 1 million before ?  An 80's page to boot !  Different generation buying this piece I would venture

That’s honestly what I thought. I don’t recall ever seeing anything sell for over a mil. Just pure insanity!

On 1/13/2022 at 11:57 AM, Chicago Boy said:

I was disappointed in the TEc 27 sale actually.  Besides the PQ. very nice looking book.  MC 1 is neck in neck with Bats 1.  Used to be a day when it was with Cap 1.  That More Fun Comics 76 went for 200k --3ok a point but the Super 1 ).5 for 100k wish was awesome !  Basically SUpes, Bats, and Spidey are KING.  MC 1 might be #5 now out of top 5

Yeah I mean I wouldn’t have been the least bit surprised had it went for more. Breaking a mil just ain’t special anymore, that’s for sure lol.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 1/13/2022 at 3:09 PM, szav said:

CDNP 24 joins the 100k club.

I was more surprised by the Amaz Ghost Stories selling for $25k.  Admittedly, it's getting harder to be surprised, with records falling left and right these days.