• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,896 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2022 at 5:51 AM, Professor K said:

I think the sole 9.8 would have a good shot of hitting 3.6 million.

Haven't you been paying attention as it's already at 11 zeros, although I believe even an infinite number of zeros is still equal to a big fat zero:  :facepalm:  lol

On 2/20/2022 at 6:37 PM, Tim Frommelt said:

It is too fantastic gentlemen to fathom the 11 zeros that I am coming into. Proof will be shared by the 1st.

Maybe the old Timster was talking about Russian rubles and has anybody here seen the proof that he was going to share with all of us here?:popcorn: :taptaptap:  

On 3/28/2022 at 5:18 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Damn, tonights auction had some strong prices for the raw More Fun Comics I was looking at. I know they are not epic stuff, but the trajectory of these prices compared to even last year is fun to watch.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:43 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Even more surprising is that these two low grade pre-hero issues each went for over 20X Guide ($4560 and $4800, respectively).  Seems like the pre-hero issues have suddenly caught fire.

Well, for all of those DC pre-hero fans who might have missed out on these raw copies the previous weekend, it looks like it's your lucky day as this week's Heritage Signature Auction have seven graded copies from More Fun 30 through to More Fun 50 for you to bid and hopefully win from, including the two pre-hero issues (i.e. MF 35 & 45) pictured above.  As an extra bonus, it also looks like there's a graded copy of New Adventure 30 with the classic Creig Flessel whale cover and for the raw collectors out there, a raw copy of New Fun Comics 4, albeit a slightly restored copy with color touch and some water damage:  hm  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+1060+794+793+792+4294940053&Ntk=SI_Titles-Desc&Nty=1&Ntt=more+fun&limitTo=4294940053&ic4=KeywordSearch-A-K-X-Y-071316

On 4/3/2022 at 3:14 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

I wouldn't even call the drawing of lines through the "10¢" writing; I'd call it doodling. I don't think I've ever seen a book with doodling on the cover get a 9.8 or even a 9.6.

MaryMarvel14.PNG

For Promise Collection books the rules seem to vary; maybe the graders thought "...ya gotta draw the line somewhere!" :shiftyeyes:

On 4/5/2022 at 6:25 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

The waters are being tested with a random bid here and there, but this is still mos def the lull before the storm. It’s almost go time 

Better to watch than push the button lol

On 4/5/2022 at 6:52 PM, szav said:

Wow that FF4 #1 9.2 at a million.  Can’t even say that it’s someone going nuts for the highest graded.

Yeah. An X-Men 1 9.2 just sold yesterday for 276,000. About 300,000 after taxes. Shows how much more respect FF #1 garners. But FF 1 only has 8 - 9.2 or higher and XM 1 has 40.

Oh this is still the GA section. Question for those who may partake: I can't resist asking. Out of this Detective 36 2.5 C-1 sitting at 7,200 right now and my 6.0 A-3........which one's better? Give it to me straight, I can take it. I know I know. Neither.

lf.jpg

1940-2 Detective Comics 36.jpg

On 4/5/2022 at 7:03 PM, Professor K said:

Yeah. An X-Men 1 9.2 just sold yesterday for 276,000. About 300,000 after taxes. Shows how much more respect FF #1 garners. But FF 1 only has 8 - 9.2 or higher and XM 1 has 40.

Oh this is still the GA section. Question for those who may partake: I can't resist asking. Out of this Detective 36 2.5 C-1 sitting at 7,200 right now and my 6.0 A-3........which one's better? Give it to me straight, I can take it. I know I know. Neither.

lf.jpg

Your copy looks great.  Flat, even, nice corners and clean.  The 2.5 has richer colors, and more character.

Your copy looks much better to me.

Have you an idea or guess of the grade prior to its restoration?

On 4/5/2022 at 6:47 PM, comicjack said:

So many to love but the boss tells you she needs new clothes and a vacation :whatthe:

You don't have a neighborhood chapter of The International Brotherhood Of Husbands ? GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 4/5/2022 at 8:03 PM, Professor K said:

lf.jpg

My first thought was, I can remember when $7,200 would get you an unrestored VF copy—if you could find one. :( (I know there are probably guys here who can remember when $72 would get you an unrestored VF copy.)

Your copy does have better eye appeal, but I have to be honest, I pay more attention to page quality than to anything else, so I would have to go with the 2.5 OW/W if offered both books at the same price.

On 4/5/2022 at 9:01 PM, Chief1332 said:

Your copy looks great.  Flat, even, nice corners and clean.  The 2.5 has richer colors, and more character.

Your copy looks much better to me.

Have you an idea or guess of the grade prior to its restoration?

Thanks. It should as it's a 6.0 as opposed to a 2.5. Guess I was wondering if most would prefer a Slight in half the grade of a Moderate. I have no pics of pre- resto but I did "resub" it from a 6.0 cbcs with off white pages. 

On 4/5/2022 at 9:46 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

My first thought was, I can remember when $7,200 would get you an unrestored VF copy—if you could find one. :( (I know there are probably guys here who can remember when $72 would get you an unrestored VF copy.)

Your copy does have better eye appeal, but I have to be honest, I pay more attention to page quality than to anything else, so I would have to go with the 2.5 OW/W if offered both books at the same price.

Thanks. Not long before I bought mine a cgc 6.5 R Larson went for I believe 7,200 on HA. About what I paid for mine but still kicking myself for not bidding. Larson is my favorite pedigree.

The Larson  https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-36-larson-pedigree-dc-1940-cgc-apparent-fn-65-moderate-p-off-white-pages/a/7236-92150.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited by Professor K

On 4/5/2022 at 11:04 PM, Gotham Kid said:

the 2.5 can probably go blue

Yes. The color touch could be miniscule. That is probably what is driving the price up.

Edited by Professor K

On 4/5/2022 at 8:14 PM, Gotham Kid said:

speaking of nice looking entry level copies, board member @arexcrooke has a nice looking copy of Tec37 just listed on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304429352808?hash=item46e1674768:g:tLAAAOSw-jhiTNdY

On 4/5/2022 at 8:17 PM, Professor K said:

Darn nice looking 2.0. Even the back is nice. 

Did anybody bother to check the Graders' Notes to see the reason for the CGC 2.0 grade on this copy here?  hm

Just wondering if the spine was split almost the entire way through or what have you, especially when the scan of the back cover does not include the spine. (shrug)

On 4/5/2022 at 8:03 PM, Professor K said:

Not long before I bought mine a cgc 6.5 R Larson went for I believe 7,200 on HA. About what I paid for mine but still kicking myself for not bidding. Larson is my favorite pedigree.

The Larson  https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-36-larson-pedigree-dc-1940-cgc-apparent-fn-65-moderate-p-off-white-pages/a/7236-92150.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited 1 hour ago by Professor K

Speaking about books that looks nicer than their assigned grade, the front and back cover scans for this Larson copy would make it seem to appear a lot nicer that its assigned CGC 6.5 grade.  hm

Especially since I took a quick look at the original Larson List and it has this 'Tec 36 listed as a NM copy, although it does note a dark stain at the bottom of the spine throughout the interior of the book.  I imagine this must have been what knocked it down to the 6.5 grade range, and just wondering if this would also synch up with the CGC Graders' Notes for this Larson 'Tec 36.  (shrug)